Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

nigma

Harry's fifth year at Hogwarts is a dark one. Raging with hormones, the 15-year-old wizard returns to the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to confront slanderous gossip, a cruel new professor, and a Ravenclaw girl on whom he has a crush. Ominous events lead to the family home of Sirius Black, where Harry learns about the mysterious Order of the Phoenix. Amid disturbing dreams, unraveling a dire prophecy, and studying for the Ordinary Wizarding Levels exams, Harry and his friends struggle into young adulthood.

since i didn't see a thread i might as well make one, this is currently in Filming and will be released in 2007,

the cast can be found on: IMDB

This was probably my least favorite book in the series, but it will be interesting to see this translated into film... Hopefully, they spice it up a bit and focus less on school and more on the dreams, Ministry of Magic, and the prophecy. I'm looking forward to it, let's put it that way.

Never read the book, but I've enjoed each movie more than the last so I'm hopeful.

This whole movie should be about the "raging with hormones" bit.

I hate that part of Harry Potter. I agree that it should be there, but I don't like the pairings of characters... They just seem too contrived. Like, Harry pretty muched molested Ginny for her affection in 6.

Planet-man said:
I don't think it's unnatural at all. I'm in High School and that's exactly what it's like.

yea, but your a candian, ;) .......i don't think im gonna like this one....it all depends on the fireworks....if they mess those up...then to the bloody reaches of hell with the *&^%@ movie.

I'm in high school, too, and I would hardly feel confident walking up to a random girl and making out with her despite her feelings... That's pretty much what Harry did.

Goodwill said:
I'm in high school, too, and I would hardly feel confident walking up to a random girl and making out with her despite her feelings... That's pretty much what Harry did.

when was that? i haven't touched those books in a while.

and mods can we get a discussion/spoilers in the title please?

Last edited:
Goodwill said:

This didn't happen in the fifth book, so stay on topic

And let's remember, in this boo, Cho molested HArry

You guys probably saw this online, but they've just finished filming the Grawp and Centaur scenes pre- visual effects. And yes, of course they're filming out of order. :D

Just saying the relationships are really campy. Rowling might as well borrow from the horrific fan fictions JTG is running around with where Draco and Ron hook up...

Anyway, I'll get back on topic.

This movie is going to be entirely to broad to capture the attention of all the kids in the theater. My little brother told me he could really only get through the first 30 pages of the book... Ok, that's not a valid argument, he IS an idiot like myself, so...

Latest posts

Back