Harry Potter Discussion (spoilers)

I totally got the gay vibe in book seven, but now I can see it in six too.

Before then, we don't really meet the personal dumbledore.

I totally got the gay vibe in book seven, but now I can see it in six too.

Before then, we don't really meet the personal dumbledore.

I didn't really get a "gay" vibe, but looking back. . .it sort of makes sense with Grindlewald. Still, I felt it was incredibly lame that she told everyone after the fact.

Why all the hate for CoS? I LOVED that one, it was my favourite until Order of the Phoenix came out, and still my favourite mystery book ever. Wonderful, thrilling stuff.

Yeah, I thought that was a really good one. The mystery was really well thought out and it's fun to go back and read all the things that make more sense. I don't get the hate.

Chamber of Secrets is easily one of my favorites.

I got a gay vibe from Dumbledore in book 7, but not before that. I haven't reread book 6 though.

May i ask did you get the gay vibe before she said anything?

No, because I bought the book at midnight when it came out and finished it within a week, so it was before she said anything.

It definitly sounded like something "more" was going on with him and Grindlewald.

No, because I bought the book at midnight when it came out and finished it within a week, so it was before she said anything.

It definitly sounded like something "more" was going on with him and Grindlewald.

I concur it sounded like something more, but i just looked at it as a deeper friendship based upon conspiring for a better world.

What would you see in The Mirror Of Erised?

What would your Boggart be?

Honestlly in the Mirror I would see myself finally being with my dream woman (not in the sexual 10 frame of mind, but the actual beautiful woman that I adore type), married an happy. I watn to just be happy in that sense tottally.

My Boggart woul be exactlly like Hermoinie ironically. Seeing myself as a failure. Funny how that works out.

Maybe I'm getting too old. And I'm not even 20. Oy.

Last edited:
Honestlly in the Mirror I would see myself finally being with my dream woman (not in the sexual 10 frame of mind, but the actual beautiful woman that I adore type), married an happy. I watn to just be happy in that sense tottally.

My Boggart woul be exactlly like Hermoinie ironically. Seeing myself as a failure. Funny how that works out.

Maybe I'm getting too old. And I'm not even 20. Oy.

You rock for doing this, by the way. More people should've.

In other news, Moony joked about Michael Jackson being cast as Voldemort a couple years ago, but it's funny because if you look at a progression of his various "looks".... the parallels between them and Riddle's transformation over the course of seven Horcruxes are terrifying.

Although I guess that theory's shot to **** now.:(

You rock for doing this, by the way. More people should've.

In other news, Moony joked about Michael Jackson being cast as Voldemort a couple years ago, but it's funny because if you look at a progression of his various "looks".... the parallels between them and Riddle's transformation over the course of seven Horcruxes are terrifying.

Although I guess that theory's shot to **** now.:(

And now I will because I succumb to lack of peer pressure.

My boggart would probably be me being a bad person. Not nessacarily a failure like bluebeast's or Hermionie, just a jerk. God help me if I ever go to an alternate universe.

Not one hundred percent sure what my reflection would be. Most likely me being a successful writer. I'm trying to remember, does the Mirror of Erised just work with long-term desires? Because otherwise it'd probably be me hanging out with friends. (It's the end of summer and I've nothing to do. I'm going a bit stir-crazy here.)

It shows the viewer's deepest, most desperate desire, but they don't have to be long-term. If you wanted to see your friends today more than you ever wanted to be a writer, you would.

My boggart would probably be my own hypothetical future son.... with autism or something. If it turned into a more monster-type fear, it would probably by this.

My Mirror vision would probably be me as some sort of superhero or fairy-tale type hero, having saved the world and goodness and all that, with the Princess by my side. Alternatively, it could be me hanging out in Wet Hot American Summer, or at Hogwarts for that matter.

Latest posts

Back