Harry Potter Discussion (spoilers)

The Voldemort backstory stuff in HBP was one of the best parts of the whole series and it was almost entirely cut from the films. It's too bad they didn't try and work it into DH Part I's film.

The first HBP teaser sums up its appeal neatly, and is one of the best teasers ever(like all the Potter teasers, actually):
[video=youtube;SNoHK2OR9Es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNoHK2OR9Es[/video]

I still wish that WB had taken a chance with Rowling's choice of director, Terry Gilliam.

The Voldemort backstory stuff in HBP was one of the best parts of the whole series and it was almost entirely cut from the films. It's too bad they didn't try and work it into DH Part I's film.

The first HBP teaser sums up its appeal neatly, and is one of the best teasers ever(like all the Potter teasers, actually):
[video=youtube;SNoHK2OR9Es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNoHK2OR9Es[/video]

exactly.

I finished The Deathly Hallows at 3:30 AM today. I'm so sad to be done!

and i wish LOST had wrapped everything up that nicely.

I honestly am torn over whether I want more books about Harry Potter or not. I feel like there's no way to recreate or top what JKR did with Voldemort and Harry, i feel like Harry facing anyone else would just feel mediocre after that.

I still think the best option would be to write other stories that take place in the universe and that have maybe been alluded to in the Harry Potter story, but that aren't directly related to the events in the series. For example, I would love a trilogy by Rowling about Merlin working with King Arthur and battling Morgana LeFay, set in the Potterverse.

Of course, if Rowling could pull off writing more stories about Harry and the gang, I'd read them.

Even worse!

Unno, back before I lost interest in Potter as a whole, I was curious as to why there wasn't one yet. It's potentially a deep world, set in 2011, and you have all the kids from the books as adults and possibly teachers. It could have made a fortune.

It's probably gonna be something incredibly anti-climactic like HARRY POTTER "finally" being available on e-book. But god, I hope not.

I hate when things do that, but I think this is almost definitely going to be something bigger, newer and more from the source.

It's an MMO.

Now that.... I'd be able to get onboard with. I'd be a little disappointed if that's what this is, but the series is arguably the most MMO-desperate property in the world.

The reveal: www.pottermore.com. Make sure you watch the neat-o video.

It's apparently going to be some sort of official, Rowling-involved forum involving loads of backstory material that was probably going to make up a lot of the HP Encyclopedia. Hard to say how, or if, this is going to work. And yes, it will be the official place to by HP e-books.

This is stupid. J.K. Rowling opened webshop/forum. I've already purchased the entire series in two different languages, I'm not going to buy them again. I think J.K. is a wonderful author, but she has gotten all the money she will get from me for these books, And the community has been writing stories and speculating about the world of HP for 13 years now. They really didnt need JKs help.

Was I the only one pissed with this? I was hoping she was going to announce another book.

I don't know why you are pissed off at this. She's basically announcing a forum that she will publish shorts from the Potterverse into.

I don't think this is a staggering deal, either good or bad.

I can see being disappointed, but I wasn't really expecting just straight-up more books. What I thought was most likely was the final, official announcement of the Encyclopedia. Since this seems like it's kind of going to be both, with additional interaction by J.K., I'm pleased and looking forward to it for the time being. The e-books and merch are just a bonus for whoever wants them.

I do look forward to Hitler reacting to the reveal, though.

yeah, i would love more books, but i wasn't expecting that either. I don't think I'll probably take part in pottermore, it's an interesting idea, but I don't think I care that much.

If she was going to write more books, I don't think she would announce it until she had already planned out the series and written a good chunk of the first book. Otherwise she would have so much attention and pressure that she probably doesn't want.

Latest posts

Back