Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

Whew. Bass, more power to you for having the energy and brain cells to keep track of all the BS slung by this show. I sure as hell gave up about two seasons ago and have been more or less just been, as a friend of mine says, applying this to my retinas, and nothing more.

All this crap is basically just prologue in my mind to whatever awesomity Bryan Fuller will hopefully bring post-Coleite and Loeb.

What I will say is I started yelling at my TV at how UNBELIEVABLY, transparently cheap it was of them to have the fight offscreen, as you said.

Last edited:
I'm done with the show. It's passed the point where I want to watch it any more. I don't see the point in paying attention to a show written by people who clearly don't pay attention themselves.

For example: Matt hates Nathan. Why would he even help him? Because of Nathan, Daphne is dead. He forgave him pretty quickly and perpetrated this ridiculous Nylar scheme. Here's another solution: Matt mindwipes everyone into thinking Nathan died a hero's death. This solves everything and doesn't set up the Nylar nonsense. Hell, Nylar can't even FLY (oh, except that Sylar can tk fly out of the blue and oh, it'll be the same). Not only that, Sylar killed his adopted daughter's parents (that's Molly for those of you have forgotten), killed Mohinder's dad, and pretty much has ****ed everyone over more times than he deserves. Why doesn't Matt have Nylar but also mind-read where the dead spot is. Six weeks later, Matt and Mama Petrelli and HRG stab Nylar in the dead spot, and set it up so it looks like he died in a car accident. It happened before, and ironically, Arthur Petrelli tried to do this to Nathan. It would be a good mirror and make sense.

What doesn't make sense is that after an entire season of HRG and Mama Petrelli being told, in each and every episode, that lying to your family is a bad thing, what do they do at the end of the season? Lie to their family.

Tracey: She killed a reporter in the beginning of the third volume by accident and was TERRIFIED and did everything to get rid of her powers and go back to her normal life. Then she actively killed Knox instead of just harming him. She then killed a normal, defenceless bloke when she was let out by Danko, in front of the only person who was on her side for no reason at all. She then finally goes, "I will die the hero's death" and sacrifices herself to save Rebel - which made no sense. Now she's back as a serial killer. How does this make any sense to any one? Especially since the next volume is "Redemption" and will have some kind of "Tracey's not so bad after all" type nonsense so she can jump back and forth over the bi-polar line of personality.

Danko betrays HRG for what possible benefit? All it does is ensure that the ONE person who's actually capable of dealing with Sylar isn't going to be able to do so.

Seriously - the amount of as-yet unrevealed mental disorders some of the cast members need to have to make any kind of sense is staggering.

I'm done with this piece of **** show. I'm going to treasure seasons 1 and 2 and pretend the show was cancelled during the WGA strike, never to be renewed.

And while I'm pretending, FIREFLY got another season.

I stopped after the first couple episodes of Volume 4.

i'm telling you, you stopped just before it started to get decent again... They are course correcting so of course there are going to be some bumps but at least the show is fun to watch again

I stopped after Volume Three, but I kept coming back to this thread to read Bass's reviews, which were consistently hilarious and spot-on. Now that he's stopped watching, I've lost my last link to Heroes. Goodbye, Heroes! Season 1 was great, and ... Adam Monroe was pretty cool ... but of course, you killed him for shock value ... and, um ... yeah. Well, I guess I'll miss you (or at this point, miss reading about you)! Sort of.

I stopped after the first couple episodes of Volume 4.

i'm telling you, you stopped just before it started to get decent again... They are course correcting so of course there are going to be some bumps but at least the show is fun to watch again

As AnTwan says - it got good right around episode 17, when Loeb was gone. And it was doing fine each and every week. Then, episode 23, "1961" was a bit boring, 24 "I am Sylar" was a bit stupid in places but was more good than not, and then 25 "An Invisible Plot" just went completely bat**** stupid.

And now, AnTwan has made me think, "Maybe they're correcting the show and I should give it another chance" but then I think - no. Correcting the show doesn't mean killing off Nathan (Sylar killing Nathan and taking his place was obviously always 'the plan' but it was rubbish here - it works if no one knows he's dead, since that averts the "Claire can heal him" thing), nor does it mean bringing back Tracey, nor does it mean Nylar, nor does it mean never bringing Hiro to an American-accented future samurai badass. HURM.

I stopped after Volume Three, but I kept coming back to this thread to read Bass's reviews, which were consistently hilarious and spot-on. Now that he's stopped watching, I've lost my last link to Heroes. Goodbye, Heroes! Season 1 was great, and ... Adam Monroe was pretty cool ... but of course, you killed him for shock value ... and, um ... yeah. Well, I guess I'll miss you (or at this point, miss reading about you)! Sort of.

THANK YOU. I was only doing the reviews to appease the small audience of people who enjoyed the yelling.

If demand for my ranting continues, mayhaps I shall continue in the fifth volume! Otherwise, I shan't. :D

don't get me wrong... I have greatly enjoyed the rants also... I can see the errors, I guess I just have a higher tolerance for forgiveness. After working in a comic book store and reading some of the crap that gets printed from the big two Heroes has just always seemed acceptable. A little bit of the "This is dumb, but I am having fun." like a really stupid comedy :)

The plot ideas I keep hearing are horrible and I never will trust it again.

Right, I was talking to my friend the day or so after the finale and he brought up a plot hole and it just occurred to me I never shared it here.

Right, let's say that Claire's blood can't heal Nathan. For the sake of argument, it doesn't work.

They need Nathan to talk to the President, but he's dead.

What power did Peter take from Sylar?

That's right. Instead of this ludicrous Nylar rubbish, Peter just transforms into Nathan, solves the problem, and then retires, disappears, or some other damn thing.

HEROES. Just when you think it can't get any dumber...

[youtube]UnkefjCES-4[/youtube]

I think the point with Nylar, as stupid as I agree it is, is that Sylar cannot be stopped at this point. They have no way of defeating him, so they alter him in such a way that he could be of use to all of them and still have him close enough to watch in case something were to happen.

Anyone interested in helping me write an Ultimate Heroes fan fic? Using the characters from the show from scratch, of course, and making something better than the show itself.

wow, i didn't know heroes had gone that far off the deep end. i stopped watching the show after the 3rd episode, in season 3....and now im glad i did. thank you.

Apparently Bryan Fuller has left again. :lol:

Latest posts

Back