Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

I started watching this episode, but Claire made me so bored I stopped. Maybe later.

Also, I'll be amazed if "Rebel" isn't Micah. No, wait, scratch that. I'll be amazed if Rebel is ever revealed. This is HEROES, after all. The graveyard of abandoned plots.

I started watching this episode, but Claire made me so bored I stopped. Maybe later.

Also, I'll be amazed if "Rebel" isn't Micah. No, wait, scratch that. I'll be amazed if Rebel is ever revealed. This is HEROES, after all. The graveyard of abandoned plots.

Watch it be Kate that was left in the future in season 2. :-D Most likely it's Micah. Hope he is more tolerable this time around.

Apparently, Peter doesn't need to touch a person's skin to gain their ability, I just realized. He can touch their clothes and get it as he did with Parkman. :-/ Guess he can consciously control on wether or not he wants a power.

Off topic, did anyone see that Ali Larter preview called Obsessed? I seriously could not laughing at it's over the top cheesiness.

I TOTALLY said that thing about Peter absorbing powers through clothes to GF when we watched this.

Also, why is Clare dressed up and styled like Cindy McCain?

Eh, wake me when Bryan Fuller is back.

I TOTALLY said that thing about Peter absorbing powers through clothes to GF when we watched this.

Also, why is Clare dressed up and styled like Cindy McCain?

Eh, wake me when Bryan Fuller is back.

wake up, Bryan Fuller is back. He has been for two episodes.

wake up, Bryan Fuller is back. He has been for two episodes.

No. Aron Coleite wrote last week's, and Adam Armus and Kay Foster wrote this week's. Fuller isn't back until like the last two or three episodes of the season.

Last edited:
Weirdness! As I went to this thread, the "Hunter" is in the episode of FRASIER I'm watching! He's playing a dog psychiatrist! This role is more believable than the HEROES one. BURN! Hahalolz! Take that, HEROES! :p

Last edited:
Weirdness! As I went to this thread, the "Hunter" is in the episode of FRASIER I'm watching! He's playing a dog psychiatrist! This role is more believable than the HEROES one. BURN! Hahalolz! Take that, HEROES! :p

That guy is in everything.

No. Aron Coleite wrote last week's, and Adam Armus and Kay Foster wrote this week's. Fuller isn't back until like the last two or three episodes of the season.

I was under the impression he was not writing any episodes this season, he had merely come back as a consultant for the remainder of the season.

I was under the impression he was not writing any episodes this season, he had merely come back as a consultant for the remainder of the season.

Yes, but he still had to work with the network approved scripts from Loeb's era on the show. He'll have control over how the story wraps up this season.

Ah. Yeah, that sounds right.

From Aint it Cool:

"Bryan Fuller, who wrote the series' best season-one episodes but departed before the first season's conclusion to create and oversee ABC's now-defunct "Pushing Daisies," rejoined "Heroes" early this year. The first new episode on which he had some input airs Monday. The only third-season episode on which Fuller will receive "written by" credit, titled "Cold Snap," will air March 16.

Fuller, who recently signed a two-year contract with NBC Universal, will help guide "Heroes" till the end of its 25-episode third season and intends to continue with the show into season four."

Finally saw the episode. Skipped a lot of the Claire scenes because she is rubbish.

First up; Peter's powers don't make sense - how did he fly in the first place???? Remember? In season 3? He injects himself with the serum assuming he'll get his regular power back, copy Nathan's power, and fly him to safety (which doesn't make sense - it would've been better if Nathan had saved a depowered Peter), and he does so. He copies Nathan's power. WITHOUT TOUCHING HIM. So... how did he get the power? Ah, it doesn't matter.

Part of me wonders though, would a depowered Peter work better in this season? I think... probably not. Yes, it's cool since Peter wouldn't need to be protected at first, but when he sides with the powered people, he would be and even Danko would have to try to protect him since he's not powered and just 'misguided'... but I like Peter at the moment, so I dunno.

That's right. I like Peter. Parkman and Peter are actually a cool, exciting, duo. Peter's sudden depowering and bad-assery have made him a worthwhile, likeable, character.

On to Alex: Alex is a nerd who works in a comic shop... and he has a SIX-PACK? Unless "breathe underwater" means having a "Swimmer's body" as a power, you can go to hell, HEROES. But then, the FBI lady is hot too. For no reason. But, that's different. Non-sexy women should be killed. Men sexier than me should be killed. That's is how this works.

Also - Claire had NO interest (or any compliments) for Alex until she saw his hot body. Now, she can't keep her hands off. Shallow whore. (Though the underwater kiss was a good payoff to the power and the romantic tension and the chase.)

That said - plan B of the Bennets: Everything's the same. Except only Claire is running away. Alex is in THE TRUNK OF THE CAR. They drive off, calmly. To a river. And he does his fish thing. But then, maybe the Bennets thought the FBI dudes where smart enough to not BOTH run off after a SOUND. Sigh. You'd think ONE would stay with the Bennets.

Sylar's dad SOLD him and killed his mother IN FRONT OF HIS EYES when he was like, 4 or 5. How did Sylar FORGET that ****? I remember parts of my 4th birthday! Also, why did they give Sylar's dad TK? Would it not have been cooler if he did ANYTHING BUT? No. TK. Even though Sylar's natural power isn't TK, he had to steal it. In FACT, if Sylar had lost his TK (due to the Shanti virus or the eclipse), it WOULD be cool, since killing his dad would get his signature power back. As it is... it just feels lame.

Danko's assertion that Peter's a terrorist is *smart*. They have evidence of their plans to blow up the White House. They can say the footage is staged and use the media to claim Peter is a TERRORIST and that Parkman's one of them too. Then what does Peter's footage show? At best, it's a fraud no one believes. At worst, Nathan is actually rounding up a domestic terrorist cell. Win-win. The only thing would be Nathan's political fall-out. Related to the terrorist; can he be trusted? Is it me or would that not have been more exciting and shown just how conniving Danko is? He WANTS open, political back-up to his operation and Peter and Parkman just GAVE it to him. Go to the news FIRST, Danko. With evidence of their terrorist ways.

Or... he can do what he DID IN THE SHOW. For the first time this entire season, the HEROES writers did something really damn SMART. Danko actually turning the 'threat' into a tool to use against the heroes was brilliant.

:rockon:

Oh, and Nathan's rescue of Peter was cool.

SOOOO glad puppet master didn't die in the explosion fire thing. He was a good, interesting, genuinely creepy villain.

All in all, the non-Claire/Sylar bits were exciting and cool. So, that's about half the episode. The arc is more interesting, though at the same time, I'm struggling not to get annoyed that Mama Petrelli now has a future vision that's jaw-droppingly shocking (apparently).

Definitely an improvement these two non-Loeb episodes. Even NATHAN has stopped being a dick by pointing out that, yes, he made a mistake and things are spiraling out of control, but he genuinely wants to fix it. These two episodes have started to bring Nathan back in from the dickery. It's an amazing turnaround, how seamlessly this show is getting back on track. It's not great, but it's actually getting pretty exciting in some parts.

And Hiro and Ando haven't been in it for two weeks. When the show is holding its own without its two best characters, it's got its confidence back.

Hey, instead of making an ambitious John Glover with world domination aspirations the villain, let's push him off and keep watching Sylar. Next week he's going to glare at somebody, say "because.... I'm the villain.", smirk, and kill them. The week after that he'll glare at somebody, say "because.... I'm not the villain anymore.", smirk, and let them live. I can't wait!

This was the first time in a long time I felt that excitement I get from LOST and used to get from this show while it was on. Very good episode!

The quality is this episode set a new bar. There was some much to love:
Spoilers:

HRG capturing Puppet master

The reveal of Rebel

The regrettable but very cool death of another Hottie (I think they were triplets)

Death of the speedster

Return of the hot ex wife of Matt Parkman

Why is Loeb's name still of as executive producer???

Wow. Heroes is good again.

Micah Sanders actually makes the most sense as REBEL as he is the only one who can work alone and create a extensive network to rescue the Heroes.

Although some may be disappointed that Daphne dies for good, we actually get closure and the death is treated with great significance. Something Loeb has failed to do either on his TV or comics work. I also was surprised that everything was Parkman being in Daphne's head.

Oh and Tracy's not dead. You can see one of the eyes of her shattered face blinks. She's now Icegirl. :)

This is the first time in a while that I am excited about what happens next. Fuller has given me hope that Heroes is finally getting back on its feet. I also find it ironic that for an episode where Fuller finally gets full circle in replacing Loeb, he is actually the first person who references some detailed instances of events that happened in the horrible Villains arc.

Last edited:
Wow. Heroes is good again.

Micah Sanders actually makes the most sense as REBEL as he is the only one who can work alone and create a extensive network to rescue the Heroes.

Although some may be disappointed that Daphne dies for good, we actually get closure and the death is treated with great significance. Something Loeb has failed to do either on his TV or comics work. I also was surprised that everything was Parkman being in Daphne's head.

Oh and Tracy's not dead. You can see one of the eyes of her shattered face blinks. She's now Icegirl. :)

This is the first time in a while that I am excited about what happens next. Fuller has given me hope that Heroes is finally getting back on its feet. I also find it ironic that for an episode where Fuller finally gets full circle in replacing Loeb, he is actually the first person who references some detailed instances of events that happened in the horrible Villains arc.

Maybe he isn't alone. He finds people awfully well, and he wasn't the only child in season 1... hmmm?

Latest posts

Back