HeroesCon 2008

Bass

Nexus of the World
So, for those of you who don't know, spurned on by a friend (a long and amusing story involving my foot, a wall, and the stealing of chairs that I'll share another time), I attended HeroesCon in the summer of 2006.

It kicked an enormous amount of arse. I had a GREAT time.

To understand the picture below, it is a regular thing on the Adam Hughes yahoo group to post a con report after going to a con, and of course, as "Bass" (yes, I am beloved there too, obviously, it's because I, like Andrew W.K. know how to 'party hard') they were expecting a very special con report from me. So I did the following:

It's all true - except Adam is a few inches taller than me.

Anyhow, I had a truly wonderful time. The professionals were incredibly welcoming, as were all the guys from the AH yahoo group who looked after me tremendously well.

So much fun did I have that I have already bought a plane ticket to HeroesCon in 2007.

Now, I know most of you are prepping to go to Wizard's con in Philadelphia and since they're the same weekend no one can do both, however, I want to get in early and say that I want to meet a ****load of you at HeroesCon 2008, and that the dates for HC2008 will be revealed during or just after HC2007. The website is here.

The real stumbling block is cash, so start saving now. The good news is that HeroesCon is $20 for the entire three days. I've been told this is the cheapest you'll find anywhere. And the guests are amazing because the professionals LOVE the con. So, the con itself, the entry is cheap, and there's loads of people you'll not only want to meet, but you can bet they'll be in a good mood.

PLUS I'LL BE THERE!

YES! ME!

And I'll look after you, take you to dinner (another story) and we can hang out in the Westin bar having fun. In 2006 a whole bunch of us went to see Superman Returns. Imagine, you could go to a cinema with me and witness an impromptu rant LIVE! (Is that a good thing?)

So, you gotta come. If you can make it this year, great, but if not, please start saving up the cash to make sure you'll have a flight over for 2008. It would be uber-sweet to meet all you guys.

And none of you are too young to fly over, no way. Some of you live too far away for it to be viable, or the flight is just too expensive, even if you save for a year, and I get that. No one should bust the bank over this - but if you can make it - Yay!

I'll likely be heading to Heroes in 2008. For one, I can't do WWP in '08 (May 29-June 1) since then I'll be graduating college.

Two, I wanna try this con out!

I can only assume the reason this thread hasn't been flooded with, "Yes, I'll be there" is because you missed it. So I have bumped it.

:shifty:

Well the only reason I am going to Wizard World Philly is because my travel expenses is partically nothing

Only reason i'm going to dragon con (besides it's fun) in august-September is I go to america to see who friend who i stay with for a couple of days and he lives just out side Atlanta , GA so it's easy to get to.

Well the only reason I am going to Wizard World Philly is because my travel expenses is partically nothing
Hence the "start saving" part? Is it really that much for a ticket to Charlotte, NC?

Only reason i'm going to dragon con (besides it's fun) in august-September is I go to america to see who friend who i stay with for a couple of days and he lives just out side Atlanta , GA so it's easy to get to.
Dude - Atlanta is just a 4-hour drive away. You and your friend can make it up there. That's what I'm doing this year.

If by some miracle I'm living in Tennessee by the time HeroesCon starts, I would be more likely to go to that than Philly.

Dude - Atlanta is just a 4-hour drive away. You and your friend can make it up there. That's what I'm doing this year.

that site says it's in June I'm not in America till august 30th sorry dude

I may be. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but some people I know MAY be going from the US and I might join them. It's just after HeroesCon so I'll be talking to them about it when I see them there.

In regards to HeroesCon - people are, I hope, aware that it's in 2008. That's 16 months away. Can people really not think they could make it with that much time ahead? I mean, in 2008, SSJmole, you could see you friend in June/July instead of August for DragonCon. And the rest of you - it's sixteen months.

While I'm not expecting definate 'yes's, I'm just surprised that people can already say a definate 'no'. There's a lot of time - think about it and see if it's worth the time/effort/money on your end to make it.

Maybe I should tell some of the stories I had at Heroes Con 2006 to spice it up...

Last edited:
Cool. I still don't know if I'll go but most likely

Here's a question for everyone Where do you guys buy your costumes for conventions?

Latest posts

Back