Hitch on Ultimates 12 and 13

olavthehairy

Howdy,

Hitch posted on Millar's site today that 12 is being inked and coloured as we speak but 13 looks to be delayed by all the Civil War shenanegans.

At least 12 looks realistic for August :D

thee great one said:
You have one of the coolest screen names.

This is good news.

Indeed, because with more cool screen names on the site, people are more likely to pay attention to what the posters are saying and therefore less likely to take posts out of context because they are distracted by their silly nickname.

Last edited:
The full quote from Hitchy:

12 is being inked and coloured as we speak and there willl be a delay on 13 as Mark's illness took it's toll and his civil war work is a priority but as soon as I get it we're done!

Meanwhile, I'm keeping busy...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe my October prediction will be off. Doubt it though. :D

E.Vi.L. said:
Indeed, because with more cool screen names on the site, people are more likely to pay attention to what the posters are saying and therefore less likely to take posts out of context because they are distracted by their silly nickname.

Like my name is so full of greatness, I could say what I want and it will be great.

Rhyo said:
The full quote from Hitchy:

12 is being inked and coloured as we speak and there willl be a delay on 13 as Mark's illness took it's toll and his civil war work is a priority but as soon as I get it we're done!

Meanwhile, I'm keeping busy...

This statement makes me REALLY mad at Millar, no matter how good his work is in the end. If Civil War was going to be his top priority, he should have waited to start it until he was done with his prior commitments. First published, first finished should be the rule.

Thats one of the things I love about Robert Kirkman, is that even with the increasing number of Marvel titles he takes on, he rarely lets that effect Walking Dead or Invincible.

Ultimate MJ said:
This statement makes me REALLY mad at Millar, no matter how good his work is in the end. If Civil War was going to be his top priority, he should have waited to start it until he was done with his prior commitments. First published, first finished should be the rule.

Thats one of the things I love about Robert Kirkman, is that even with the increasing number of Marvel titles he takes on, he rarely lets that effect Walking Dead or Invincible.

Frankly his doctor says he's not supposed to be working at ALL... all the stress is killing him, hence the comment about his sickness.

It's coming out, it'll be good, and I'm fine with waiting...

Ultimate MJ said:

This is the same problem I had with Ultiamte Secret. The first 2 issues were so fantastically good, both the writing and the art. Then there was a huge delay and they brought in Tom Raney, who is worse than JRJR :D, and even the writing seemed to suffer. The reason given was because McNiven needed time for another issue of the Sentry arc in New Avengers...they should have had him finish Secret first.

Victor Von Doom said:
Money is on late-September.

For #12 or #13?

If #12, possibly, if there's another big delay.

But if you mean #13, no way...I think even E's estimate of October for #13 is generous. I'm thinking its more likely to ship in November, possibly even December. After all, its been shipping quarterly for the most part, so if we're definitly getting #12 in August (assuming there aren't more delays) its seems to reason we'll see #13 three months later...in November. We'll see. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

E said:
This is the same problem I had with Ultiamte Secret. The first 2 issues were so fantastically good, both the writing and the art. Then there was a huge delay and they brought in Tom Raney, who is worse than JRJR :D, and even the writing seemed to suffer. The reason given was because McNiven needed time for another issue of the Sentry arc in New Avengers...they should have had him finish Secret first.

Agreed.

Here's a prediction. Millar will probably die before the year is out due to all the stress going on. I actually don't mind the wait. It sucks yes, but the guy is sick. Would you go to work if you were constantly sick? No, but he does just to please the moronically, insensitive jerks that rant and complain about all the pushbacks. If delays help to make him get better so that he can keep making great comics in the future, I'm all for it.

also, if anyone is interested, Millar is being interviewed on the Richard & Judy show in the UK today - Channel 4 at 5pm (in relation to Superman, I understand). I will be recording it for distribution to anyone who may want it.

thee great one said:
Like my name is so full of greatness, I could say what I want and it will be great.

You are a deluded little man. Yes you are. Here, take your pills for the day. Say AAAAH! Now go play with Stewie.

Last edited:
olavthehairy said:
also, if anyone is interested, Millar is being interviewed on the Richard & Judy show in the UK today - Channel 4 at 5pm (in relation to Superman, I understand). I will be recording it for distribution to anyone who may want it.
You could always upload it on YouTube and just post the link for us all to see.

Hibiki said:
Here's a prediction. Millar will probably die before the year is out due to all the stress going on. I actually don't mind the wait. It sucks yes, but the guy is sick. Would you go to work if you were constantly sick? No, but he does just to please the moronically, insensitive jerks that rant and complain about all the pushbacks. If delays help to make him get better so that he can keep making great comics in the future, I'm all for it.

THANK you.

olavthehairy said:

I'd watch it if it were Punch and Judy interviewing Mark Millar. But Richard and Judy? no dice.

Latest posts

Back