Hobgoblin Primer

Goodwill said:
Or, it could be that the last thing Spider-Man needs is Fury betraying him, which I think is more likely... It could be that Fury wants something out of Spider-Man in a less direct way and he can't just come out and say it and uses someone else to get to Peter hard... I don't know, as you've said, guys, Fury is a guy that shouldn't be trusted as far as you can throw him.

True, I don't think he can be.

Goodwill said:
He's a crooked man and he's being protrayed as such in all of the titles in which he appears in.

which is basically what i said...i finally got the ultimate six tpb...and i stand by my statement....since fury feels responsible for captain america and everyone else being treated like a science project over the super soldier serum, he is trying to atone for his sins by looking out for pete as well.

I'm not so sure he's looking at it like that. In Ultimate Six, that's what he was doing by locking them up and he merely looked after Peter because he was part of it, too. Had Peter not have been bitten by that spider, Fury wouldn't know who he was.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm taking my statement about Fury being shady back... well wait no he's still shady but he's a good shady... This is because I think he's behind Banner's being alive.

Explain what you mean by good shady?? like slim shady?? or just down right sneaky??

I think what he's trying to say is that he wouldn't backstab Peter or do anything to harm Peter because, after all, he's trying to help the world, not take it apart. For instance, Bush is bad shady, and Fury isn't... I may not agree with that, but whatever.

Goodwill said:
I think what he's trying to say is that he wouldn't backstab Peter or do anything to harm Peter because, after all, he's trying to help the world, not take it apart. For instance, Bush is bad shady, and Fury isn't... I may not agree with that, but whatever.

Ill wait for him to explain, GW you have confused me even further...lol

Basically, Fury might not be a Nice Person but he isn't a Bad Person. He will do whatever is necessary but as we've seen, he's giving Peter a fair bit of leeway

I think he just does his job, but sort of feels a responsibility to Spidey, I remember him telling other shield agents that Spider-Man is off limits, aside from that, he's always trying to give spidey good advice. We should know more about Furys plans at the end of the Hobgoblin arc as in the solits it says he tells Peter about his future plans for him

Nurhachi said:
I think he just does his job, but sort of feels a responsibility to Spidey, I remember him telling other shield agents that Spider-Man is off limits, aside from that, he's always trying to give spidey good advice. We should know more about Furys plans at the end of the Hobgoblin arc as in the solits it says he tells Peter about his future plans for him

Once again, you hit the nail with the hammer....maybe we are related???
but yeah....he knows pete is just a kid trying to do what he can to help...you cant be a complete jerk to a kid like that...he could turn rogue you know....and that would be a problem in itself...With spider-man around, it makes fury's job easier...less superpowered people to handle....

I think, sometimes, being a complete jerk is necessary. Fury has stepped out of his way to accomidate Spider-Man many times, yet, still he is immature and selfish about a lot of things... Fury has no choise but to say something.

Latest posts

Back