Hobgoblin Primer

There is a discussion thread with spoilers already...

Let's not get into the events of the actual Hobgoblin arc, that's not really what this thread is for...

arrogant rambling

Goodwill said:
Since we can't speculate in the actual issue thread, why not here, guys? Bring it on... Speculate away!

I dont know what to put here, assuming whatever i type is unimportant and wont be looked at much anyway. I was away in Tenn, not that anyone cares (maybe goodwill or mwof) anyway...... Since the issue is already out and pretty much spoiled, i speculate that you will find what you seek in that thread.....Im more or less 98% sure now that harry is the hobgoblin now too ( 2% hoping that im wrong)

Well, Bendis said that in two issues time we'll be shocked out of our pants, if you can believe that... I'm wondering what that means for the title and the arc.

I'm actually thinking that MJ and Harry were seeing eachother or still pursuing a relationship even in his absense that Peter didn't know about. It makes the most sense, especially since the first time Harry returned we saw nothing about a relationship between her and Harrison, as she called him. ;)

Goodwill said:
I'm actually thinking that MJ and Harry were seeing eachother or still pursuing a relationship even in his absense that Peter didn't know about. It makes the most sense, especially since the first time Harry returned we saw nothing about a relationship between her and Harrison, as she called him. ;)

That sounds like a good idea.... To add to that I wouldn't mind if Fury was the guy who broke the news to Pete.

Fury has no business with MJ at all, other then whenever she's in trouble... I think his role will be when Hob needs to be taken out...

Goodwill said:
Fury has no business with MJ at all, other then whenever she's in trouble... I think his role will be when Hob needs to be taken out...

Or the fact that he's been keeping an eye on Harry, whereever he was. This includes any phone calls, letters, visits or whatever from MJ. That kinda makes sense.

Goodwill said:
Agreed, but that isn't something he would tell Peter, you know? "Not his jurisdiction".

I'm not saying he do it in a "gossipy" kind of way. But If Fury shows up (which he should) and goes over what Harry's been doing while he's away and says that he's been in contact with MJ just as part of the story and Pete's kinda sittin' there trying to listen but just blocks everything out cos' he can't believe what he just heard kinda thing would be a good idea...

Neither, I think Pete would find out the old fashioned way. Walking in on them with the "its not wat it looks like". If anything like this happened at all. I dont think Fury would tell Peter anything about Harry, he would see it as SHIELD business, not peters

I'm baffled by you guys? Fury isn't like the Ultimates, I think he has respect for Peter. I know he didn't show up in the first issue of this arc but I think he's gonna step in eventually, I mean what happened in Ultimate Six was huge. Now Harry's back just out of nowhere and Pete's supposed to just deal with it? Cmon, Fury is gonna confront Peter and they'll have a nice long talk about what has to be done, what's being done, and what has happened.... So why do you uys assume that Fury's just gonna let Harry walk on his own like he's a normal kid... we know Harry is not a normal kid...

well...maybe if fury came and warned peter that harry might not be too mentally stable and ask pete to keep an eye on him...that would be cool

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm baffled by you guys? Fury isn't like the Ultimates, I think he has respect for Peter. I know he didn't show up in the first issue of this arc but I think he's gonna step in eventually, I mean what happened in Ultimate Six was huge. Now Harry's back just out of nowhere and Pete's supposed to just deal with it? Cmon, Fury is gonna confront Peter and they'll have a nice long talk about what has to be done, what's being done, and what has happened.... So why do you uys assume that Fury's just gonna let Harry walk on his own like he's a normal kid... we know Harry is not a normal kid...

I agree. I see Fury as some sort of Father Figure to Peter, in the sense that he's looking out for him, despite Peter's objections to it.

I don't... I'm seeing him as someone who is doing his job against these people who are out to get him... Since he needs allies, he comes to Peter because he's in the thick of things, too.

Goodwill said:
I don't... I'm seeing him as someone who is doing his job against these people who are out to get him... Since he needs allies, he comes to Peter because he's in the thick of things, too.

Well, if they're allies, I think we would give Pete a heads up and fill him in on a few things. Although, Ultimate Nick Fury seems like he's doing things for himself. I'm on the fence about this guy.

i agree with what you all are saying for the most part...but the real key is that fury is trying to keep pete on the right track, he is like a father figure, but he is more like a mentor. The last thing the guy needs is spider-man being a villain....

Or, it could be that the last thing Spider-Man needs is Fury betraying him, which I think is more likely... It could be that Fury wants something out of Spider-Man in a less direct way and he can't just come out and say it and uses someone else to get to Peter hard... I don't know, as you've said, guys, Fury is a guy that shouldn't be trusted as far as you can throw him.

Latest posts

Back