Hollywood Stock Exchange

Found it

Click on portfolio, then at the top there is a link for my league, and add user names there.

I got ourchair and Willverine added, and I need some user names

Willverine, your username isn't working...
Willverine is "dolphsavage". No spaces.

Well, I joined this as JoeKalicki. I still have very little idea what I'm doing, but I took The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for free, and I bought some shares of Zodiac (I have faith in David Fincher).

I registered, bought some of Indiana Jones 4, and gave up because this website doesn't work very well on my internets.

:lol: I got some in him too

I want to know How do they decide if price rises or drops?
Oh yeah, forgot to answer that question when you first mentioned it a few posts back... :p

The value of a starbond is dependent on the total adjusted grosses of the last five films he/she is in. This means that if Robert Downey, Jr. has a value of 47.8, it means his last five films had an average gross of 47.8 million dollars. The value adjusts itself when a film he's in gets computed into that value, and the film is subsequently de-listed from the stock exchange.

As for moviestocks, its value is meant to reflect the expected box office gross. After the opening weekend, that value will adjust itself to be closer in line with the actual box office gross.

This means that it may not be a sure bet to invest in blockbuster material if the film performs at a rate BELOW the value it was when you initially invested in. Which means that even if a film does REALLY REALLY well, you must plan your investment strategy around the lows and highs.

For example, it might have been wise to invest in Hulk before Ang Lee was attached, but to have sold all your shares AFTER the first opening weekend, but BEFORE the second weekend of release, which is I believe, when the box office performance of that film went down by over 50%. The film still made a big pile of money, but its effect on share value was probably hell for players at the time.

thank you ourchair. I was unclear on if it is just how much trailers ect... have come out. Like transformers keeps going down. I know it will make alot of money opening week end so sticking with it I just couldn't understand why it keeps dropping.

Also to update my list i sold Ninja turtles and bout stock in Topher Grace and george Lucas!

Last edited:
I'm not entirely certain it's a good idea, I don't know what the seasons mean exactly, but I've bought a few long term investments that I think will pan out nicely. I'm mostly dealing with movies so far.

Yeah, I'm finding I have more confidence in investing in actors than I am in films.

I think the challenge of playing this game is that there's more patience necessary to play the movie game. I put quite a bit of money on random actors and they're ALL tracking positive results.

But investing in films? Not so much. I made a tidy sum off Reno 911, but pulled out of it too soon. I'm hoping to get back in by re-investing on Saturday (which is when there is no 1% commission) but it might be too late by then.

Otherwise, I'm taking quite a hit watching two blockbuster films I invested in heavily as they begin to correct themselves a little bit. I'm hoping that'll change when they get closer to release, which is quite a while from now.

Incidentally, is there anyway to view other people's portfolios? Also, what's your username, Houde?
I split pretty evenly between actors and movies.

I took a hit before I woke up this morning too, not as big as yours though. You're in my league. I lost a lot of damn money on a certain blockbuster, but I have faith that it'll turn around.

No change on any of my actors except a -1/2 on Natalie Portman.:cry:

WHYA NATALIE!?!?! WHY!?!?!?!

Last edited:
I lost $5920, and its all Iron Man's fault (also Aaron Eckhart and Zodiac... but yeah)

:(

Last edited:
DrStrangefate

I just added all of you, and seem to be in third place...

SSJ... Why George Lucas? It seems the only way he can go is down now that the trilogy is out...

Also: I wouldnt be too sure about Transformers making all that money. They've been doing a **** job advertising.

DrStrangefate

I just added all of you, and seem to be in third place...

SSJ... Why George Lucas? It seems the only way he can go is down now that the trilogy is out...

Also: I wouldnt be too sure about Transformers making all that money. They've been doing a **** job advertising.

Well with Indiana 4 coming out plus live action series of star wars his price should keep going up.

My faith is rewarded. One of my blockbusters is turning it around and I made a decent chunk of change on another stock that I grabbed on a whim. w00t!

Well, I finally logged in and invested in some things. For movies, I've got Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Spider-Man 3, and Indiana Jones 4, which should all pay off later on.

For stars, I've got Jackie Chan, who was my free pick, Johnny Deep, Aaron Eckhart, and Samuel L. Jackson.

Latest posts

Back