Hollywood Stock Exchange

I'm not going to cheat.

Johnny Depp was beginning to drop and I had got some Jackie Chan for free, and he had gone up $2... I'll see what's happened tomorrow.

I wouldn't cheat either I was kidding. I don't think they would let you do un fair trades

Thanks! I guess the picks I made yesterday are bearing fruit. Hopefully that keeps up.

Still looking for more usernames, and for a final answer on that "can you see other people's portfolios" thing. If not, I suggest all of us who play HSX start posting an updated portfolio every week just for comparison's sake.

Thanks! I guess the picks I made yesterday are bearing fruit. Hopefully that keeps up.

Still looking for more usernames, and for a final answer on that "can you see other people's portfolios" thing. If not, I suggest all of us who play HSX start posting an updated portfolio every week just for comparison's sake.

Yeah, I was thinking either we go that way and share everything, or we keep our moves top secret and make it a real competition.

Either way'll be just as fun. I guess we've been pretty open about our moves so far though.

WEll, the secret to this game isn't trading every five seconds, it's letting your stuff ride for a while, and seeing where it goes.

I have a movie that just got annouced, and so far, it's made some cash. As this movie gets closer to completion, it's money will go up. You need to let it ride people, let it ride and see where you go.

I'm gunning for Joe, then Will.

ANd keep that damn Doctor from nipping on my heels.

Well, I'm almost out of the red. One of my lame duck stocks is finally turning itself around. My actor bonds are actually doing pretty good. I traded in my KSMIT and SBLAI and bought some winners.

I have no problem sharing, but I also like having my own little secrets. I have some stocks that I guarantee you guys aren't in on yet. Unless you happen to be as brilliant as me. 8)

Last edited:
Most of the stock I had dropped overnight. :(

WEll, the secret to this game isn't trading every five seconds, it's letting your stuff ride for a while, and seeing where it goes.

I have a movie that just got annouced, and so far, it's made some cash. As this movie gets closer to completion, it's money will go up. You need to let it ride people, let it ride and see where you go.
Houde is right. Absolutely right.

I've found that most of the early mistakes I made was selling stuff way too soon before they started picking themselves up, from not having faith. Also bear in mind that there is a 1% commission fee from every trade, so everytime you keep buying and selling, you're losing some money bit by bit.

I suspect it's a safe bet to invest in some potential 'blockbuster' type material when it's still in the pre-production phase. When they get IPOed, they start out at rock bottom prices, but eventually they've got to cross the mark of 50/share.

Because really, who makes a disaster film or a superhero franchise that would do LESS than 50 MILLION DOLLARS in the first FOUR weeks of release, especially in an era where most summer entertainment affairs have budgets equivalent to the GDP of small Soviet republics.

I was surprised to see today than my starbonds went up but my moviestocks didn't do so hotly. But I still gained for the day so far and my early starbond gambles that were going nowhere shot up in one day.

Wow, Zodiac's really dying. I had to dump it. I've only gotten rid of a few stocks, and always after they'd gone up to bankroll something I thought would pay better in the long run. This is the first I've dumped at a loss, but it was killing me. I wonder why.

Last edited:
So, apparently things don't work exactly like I thought and if you bought stock in something at one price then buy more stock in it you don't have two sets of stock for it at different prices, it all averages out.

That really screwed me over. But I don't think I'm dead yet, although I did drop below the original two million.

So, apparently things don't work exactly like I thought and if you bought stock in something at one price then buy more stock in it you don't have two sets of stock for it at different prices, it all averages out.

That really screwed me over. But I don't think I'm dead yet, although I did drop below the original two million.

I got confused with that too.

And then I made some stupid choices, and have dropped to last place. :(

I got confused with that too.

And then I made some stupid choices, and have dropped to last place. :(

We'll get them. The minute I let a Texan, a Philippino and a mad scientist beat me at a fake movie stock game is the day I retire.

From the fake movie stock industry.

New update for the day. Ourchair remains on top, Strangefate makes a huge leap to second, I drop like a stone because I didn't understand the rules (grrr) and Proj is still bringing up the rear.

Latest posts

Back