Houde's Ultimate Baby Advice Thread

Divorce ads all over this thread...looks like Google has some advice for you, too.

*spares everyone the political BS*

Seriously, I'll be honest, "Baby mama" had me giggling far more than it should have.

Also, to paraphrase the wise philosopher Edward Murphy; "Don't marry her, cus if she gets tired of yo ass, she'll divorce you and get half yo ****."

Also, to paraphrase the wise philosopher Edward Murphy; "Don't marry her, cus if she gets tired of yo ass, she'll divorce you and get half yo ****."

that makes me sad. I understand it happens, but what a terrible mindset for starting a relationship.

I'm not married either, by the way.

that makes me sad. I understand it happens, but what a terrible mindset for starting a relationship.

I'm not married either, by the way.

yes well, your country is civilized, and lets people like me get married. I was trying to make light of it when straight people talk about the option of getting married. Since, as I'm getting older, and have no chance of children, and little chance to get married (unless I decide to relocate away from my entire family).

So yeah. Sorry I made a joke.

Last edited:
Personally I believe marriage is nothing more than an institution and creates friction when there doesn't need to be any. I've seen more relationships fail because of marriage than anything else.

Personally I believe marriage is nothing more than an institution and creates friction when there doesn't need to be any. I've seen more relationships fail because of marriage than anything else.

I highly doubt the institution of marriage has ever caused a relationship to fail.

yes well, your country is civilized, and lets people like me get married. I was trying to make light of it when straight people talk about the option of getting married. Since, as I'm getting older, and have no chance of children, and little chance to get married (unless I decide to relocate away from my entire family).

So yeah. Sorry I made a joke.

I can't tell if you're being snarky or not... Sorry if i offended you. I knew it was a joke (I know who Eddie Murphy is J. Agamemnon), and that it you probably weren't stating your honest opinion, but jokes have a basis in reality and the fact that anyone feels that way kind of sucks.

Okay, so I don't think I understand what you're saying here at all. Marriage is by definition an institution (an established law, practice, or custom according to my mac dictionary). When you say that "marriage is nothing more than an institution" Are you saying that marriage is just a custom that we've developed over time in our society and therefore isn't inherently important? Or am I way off?

Also, can you please explain how the institution of marriage causes friction in relationships? If you're in a committed long term relationship (say, hypothetically, you own a house together and are having a kid) how is it negative to officially declare and celebrate your commitment and love to each other by getting married?

I guess what I'm saying is that I can understand someone not feeling that marriage is important (although I disagree). But what makes it negative? How does the institution somehow cause otherwise healthy relationships to fall apart, in your opinion?

I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Latest posts

Back