Hey, they showed her! Too bad they also spent have the episode harping on the fact that Ted still loves Robin. I really don't enjoy this show any more, at this point I only watch it b/c I need the satisfaction of finally meeting my mother... his mother? The mother.

Pics or it didn't happen. Plus I really need to put a face to her after 8 seasons worth of episodes.

Pics or it didn't happen. Plus I really need to put a face to her after 8 seasons worth of episodes.

923102_10151633300352277_1974041752_n.jpg

Ted's always going to love Robin, she was a big deal in his life and for some people it's hard to ever let that truly go, but he will once he's with the mother. I look at it like Robin as Gwen Stacy (except she doesn't die) and Ted as Peter. She was his first true love.

Sure, but it's kind of getting boring. I guess I feel like the show has lost the cleverness that I enjoyed in the first several seasons. I get through entire episodes and only chuckle a few times where as I used to laugh a lot watching the show.

The last really great bit of humor in this show was the "carry on" gag at the beginning of "Romeward Bound"

Sure, but it's kind of getting boring. I guess I feel like the show has lost the cleverness that I enjoyed in the first several seasons. I get through entire episodes and only chuckle a few times where as I used to laugh a lot watching the show.

The last really great bit of humor in this show was the "carry on" gag at the beginning of "Romeward Bound"

Agreed. I've never been super-impressed with the show, and as I've said I found Season 1 to be the weakest (though the past few have also been weak). The main driving force behind the show was the mystery surrounding Ted's future wife, who is she, what's she look like, how will they meet, etc. Now that's essentially going to be wrapped up with next season, and presumably Ted and mystery woman will get married by season's end, or with a possible flash forward to their wedding.

But yeah, the humor of the show has definitely been lacking. I'm hoping that by changing the formula up next year it'll hopefully offer the chance to cover new ground...or it'll just suck since the main mystery/motivating factor has been revealed.

I thought the season premiere was actually pretty good, but maybe it is just that we are finally starting to get the payoff we were promised. Every scene with the mother was good, and the flash forward at the end was great.

Yeah, the flash forward was my favourite part. And the stuff with Marshall is always great. He's the whole reason I watch the show.

The hotel manager was pretty funny too.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere to watch this LEGALLY for free that anyone knows of? It's not on Hulu. And CBS.com doesn't play nice with Apple TV

Last edited:
CBS.com is the only place you can watch it legally. Unless you live in a country that isn't the US. In Canada I watch it on citytv.ca

I give up on this show. Not going to watch it any more. It hasn't been funny for a long time and I was just watching it b/c I had invested a lot of time into it. The show lost it's heart a few seasons back and they're almost completely relying on sex jokes to float by until the end. It's stupid. I'm out.

I give up on this show. Not going to watch it any more. It hasn't been funny for a long time and I was just watching it b/c I had invested a lot of time into it. The show lost it's heart a few seasons back and they're almost completely relying on sex jokes to float by until the end. It's stupid. I'm out.

Lol. I'm going to download and watch Season 9 in one go next summer, but I've caught a few of the episodes on TV and you're right, it's become quite lame. Plus while Ted has always annoyed me, it's much worse now, for some reason. Grow some balls, Ted, and stop acting like a *****. The End.

But yeah, I agree with you Cap, but I'll finish it. May as well, already watched the first 8 seasons and I like to finish what I start (that's really the only reason the Ultimate timeline still gets updated...occasionally).

For what it's worth, the last 3 or 4 episodes have turned thing around for me a bit, this season. I think separating Marshall from the group for a little while severely weakened the show, and now that the gang is back together, things have improved.

Also, the "How Your Mother Met Me" episode was a continuity dream (minus 1 error). It was like seeing every single prophecy foretold in the whole series fulfilled in one episode.

For what it's worth, the last 3 or 4 episodes have turned thing around for me a bit, this season. I think separating Marshall from the group for a little while severely weakened the show, and now that the gang is back together, things have improved. Also, the "How Your Mother Met Me" episode was a continuity dream (minus 1 error). It was like seeing every single prophecy foretold in the whole series fulfilled in one episode.

Yeah I need to get caught up. I haven't watched the new ones since the Christmas break, but I'll probably wait until the series finishes and watch it all in one go.

Though the "continuity dream" you mention does appeal to me. ;)

Latest posts

Back