How is Global Frequency? (no spoilers)

"Oh, so science isn't real unless it's something you can punch or kick?"

"The kick test is a very good test."

The pilot to the tv show is great, save for it being to 'tee-vee-y".

Hot white scientist chick, handsome white jock, all set in San Francisco, and lots of "So who are you?" "Behold! My entire life history" "Thanx."

If it was a 30 minute action show, I'd be hard-pressed to think of anything better. The scenes with Zero (especially in the military base) are superb, as is the climax. All the stuff about the jock detective and the scientist was crappy.

That said - if it had been picked up, I'd've watched it. Just because it ain't perfect don't mean it weren't no good. I liked it.

There really was.

It never even aired.

It's pretty cool - it's essentially the first issue of the series.

I really liked the pilot too.

TOG you might be able to get a torrent of it.

The pilot to the tv show is great, save for it being to 'tee-vee-y".

Hot white scientist chick, handsome white jock, all set in San Francisco, and lots of "So who are you?" "Behold! My entire life history" "Thanx."

If it was a 30 minute action show, I'd be hard-pressed to think of anything better. The scenes with Zero (especially in the military base) are superb, as is the climax. All the stuff about the jock detective and the scientist was crappy.
I'd chalk that all up to pilot-itis.

After all, Zero, Aleph, Finch and Flynn were supposed to be the constants anyway, so I'm sure much of that "I exposition you" would have faded out further into a season.

No.

Some writers can have moments of brilliance and moments of stupidity, but exposition seems to be a different animal.

Writers generally handle exposition the same way throughout an entire work; elegantly, clumsily, or somewhere in between. Some writers improve, others weaken, but in the course of one work, it generally remains the same.

So episode #2 would have had crappily-delivered exposition about whichever Agent guest-starred that week. And that would've happened every week a new Agent showed up.

The show, however, would've ruled because of the exciting "We have an hour to save San Francisco!" :D

No.

Some writers can have moments of brilliance and moments of stupidity, but exposition seems to be a different animal.

Writers generally handle exposition the same way throughout an entire work; elegantly, clumsily, or somewhere in between. Some writers improve, others weaken, but in the course of one work, it generally remains the same.

So episode #2 would have had crappily-delivered exposition about whichever Agent guest-starred that week. And that would've happened every week a new Agent showed up.
Can't argue with that.

Bass said:
The show, however, would've ruled because of the exciting "We have an hour to save San Francisco!" :D
And then the inevitable TV blog punditry would whine and ***** about how "Gosh why does every disaster seem to have only an hour to be stopped?" (See also: 24)

Latest posts

Back