How long do you think it will take till Pete turns 18?

MarvelWarrior

I was just wondering because I wanna see if Fury is gonna try to make him part of his team.

I dunno, but didn't Bendis say the biggest mistake they made with Amazing (which Joe Q agreed with) was having Peter leave high school? That tells me he'll stay pretty close to the age he is now for a while...

:lol: Reminiscent of those of us who took part in the Olsen twins count down. ;) Very funny.

Well, I think Bendis is actually running out of options, you know? There's only so much you can do with Peter's mental capasity and what not... As a teenager, I do tend to feel like I'm runnning in circles. Perhaps this will eventually happen in this title. :)

well from the new bendis message we know pete will have a birthday soon, this will make him sixteen....with bendis feeling halfway through his run (meaning 2010 will be it if he sticks to that) pete should probably graduate and that would give closure to the series id imagine. As for you people wanting to know about mj....i cant believe people get banned for some things and not for others....

I think E can have a sense of humor about something like that over someone littering in his message board, Captain. ;) Lighten up a tad! :)

I don't want closure after he graduates high school. He would continue to be Spider-Man after that, so it really wouldn't have an ending... Also, I think there are more options to run through when Peter goes off to college anyway.

Goodwill said:
I think E can have a sense of humor about something like that over someone littering in his message board, Captain. ;) Lighten up a tad! :)

I don't want closure after he graduates high school. He would continue to be Spider-Man after that, so it really wouldn't have an ending... Also, I think there are more options to run through when Peter goes off to college anyway.

of course he would continue to be spidey after high school, but that dynamic(high school) is an important part of the series....if bendis couldnt continue to write past that point the series would end naturally.

As for the humor comment, what you are saying is that E doesnt get my sense of humor?

LOL@ those waiting for MJ. I hope this series goes for a long time and even after he graduates high school I hope they continue.

I don't think it's fair to say x number of issues = years. If Bendis ever wakes up and realizes we don't want whiney young Peter anymore he has the creative right to just begin an arc that starts a year after the last. I wouldn't complain.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think it's fair to say x number of issues = years. If Bendis ever wakes up and realizes we don't want whiney young Peter anymore he has the creative right to just begin an arc that starts a year after the last. I wouldn't complain.

i respect that.....but you gotta admit, the whole run has felt like more than just 9 months...im still kinda cheesed off that all of this has happened and yet a full 12 months hasnt passed. One thing is expected though...a prom for midtown high...dont rule it out ;)

The Captain said:
i respect that.....but you gotta admit, the whole run has felt like more than just 9 months...im still kinda cheesed off that all of this has happened and yet a full 12 months hasnt passed. One thing is expected though...a prom for midtown high...dont rule it out ;)
yes it has felt like more than 9 months and I was quite ticked off to see that it was only 9 in the beginning of the Hobgoblin arc (an Omen perhaps?) How am I supposed to buy a story where something exciting happens everyday in Peter's life... cmon...

as for prom... Sounds like Smallville to me. Not that that's a bad thing but I'd rather not see it happen.

Get Peter the **** out of High School.

UltimateE said:
I dunno, but didn't Bendis say the biggest mistake they made with Amazing (which Joe Q agreed with) was having Peter leave high school? That tells me he'll stay pretty close to the age he is now for a while...
I'm of mixed views on that matter. Never heard Joe or Brian say such thing, though I wouldn't be surprised. But what is certain is that Steve Ditko himself would concur. He's frequently (in the like two interviews he's ever given in his entire freaking life) stated that Peter growing up was a big mistake, and that he should've remained a teenager forever.

ourchair said:
But what is certain is that Steve Ditko himself would concur. He's frequently (in the like two interviews he's ever given in his entire freaking life) stated that Peter growing up was a big mistake, and that he should've remained a teenager forever.

OK, maybe that's what I was thinking of. But still...I seem to remember Bendis or JQ agreeing...

UltimateE said:
OK, maybe that's what I was thinking of. But still...I seem to remember Bendis or JQ agreeing...
No, I remember Bendis saying it, too. Don't worry E. You're not going crazy.......yet. :wink:

Latest posts

Back