How should Batman be written?

If you enjoy it for what it is, it's pretty fun, but so is the Adam West show. :wink:

I agree. It is only another take on the character, I love this one, is cool and funny, and it kinda get Batman out of that same dark but noble attitude. Is more a "What If Batman was a lunatic". I don't take it as anything more than what this is... A different take (although this Batman is used by Miller for some time) on the character Batman.

But don't get me wrong, if this was continuity I would go ape-****. Seriously, I would kill someone.

Last edited:
I think it should be written as a cross between Batfink and Richie Rich

and

He should fly!:lol:

I've thought about this for some time. I'd love to see Batman tell the Justice League to go F themselves. I just think that having Batman be more of a loner would make for some great stories. He always needs more enemies, and making enemies of former friends... in my opinion, that's what Batman's all about. His methods should be different from Superman, so should his philosophy.

In short, Batman should have no qualms about killing some of the psychos he has to deal with and if Superman and the Justice League don't agree with him, screw 'em.

Think about it. He's not an alien like Superman or J'onn, he's not some Amazonian half-goddess like Wonder Woman or some astronaut with a magic ring. He's a guy in a Batsuit with no powers, who has a lot of deep-seated issues and no tolerance for scum... the Punisher without guns. He doesn't rely on heat-vision or a magic lasso to get the job done, just his skills and some gadgets he made.

I'm waiting for the day he has an argument with the entire league. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Aquaman... the whole crew... then just walks out and tells them to handle their own business, and he'll handle his. He doesn't need them, but they need him.

And spare me any comments about "but he'd never kill his enemies, he believes in justice!". That's BS, it's a cop-out. Times have changed. Think about it. Wouldn't you lose sleep if a guy like the Joker, who's killed your friends and loved ones in the past as well as countless other innocent people, was still walking the streets. Eventually Batman's got to snap and just take the Joker out on a permanent basis (a comic book world permanent basis, anyway. read: a few years).

one thing is clear he should not be written like this

:lol: my friend sent me that , probably old but i laughed thinking "WTF"

He should be written the way he was in Batman Begins.
I think the same.

It's no longer a question of whether the movie is being true to the comics. That movie is so good it's reasonable to ask the comics to be true to the movie.

I think there should be a more defined definition between batman and detective comics. Confidential has been pretty much defined like legends of the dark knight (from my understanding) rotating creative teams every 3-5 issue arcs.

Anyway, how about the idea detective comics is just batman up against joker riddler and two-face and more realistic villains, batman he's with robin and the bat family and other DC heroes against the more super powered villains.

I'm not too worried if people get runs disrupted by crossovers, as long as those crossovers (i.e. batman/detective comics) are written by the same person, or the current writers on each title write the story collectively. and it's collected in a tpb of that story. It's usually done to get an important story arc out quickly.
I don't like that in the second Alan Moore WildCats book you suddenly get two issues from "fire from heaven" a stupidly big crossover, which i haven't read but seems like it would be quite incoherent. They should've skipped those issues out and collected them in a "fire from heaven" tpb (ok maybe they did collect FFH but there's still 2 stray issues where i have no idea what's going on). But yeah I want to read them cuz they're alan moore, which is why i think he either should've been on a team of writers who collectively wrote FFH, or they got someone else to write those two issues and I wouldn't feel all completist...but that was many years ago, I don't think there are lots of examples I can think of..maybe between superman and action comics pre-IC, but I haven't read that many of them.

I think there should be a more defined definition between batman and detective comics. Confidential has been pretty much defined like legends of the dark knight (from my understanding) rotating creative teams every 3-5 issue arcs.

Anyway, how about the idea detective comics is just batman up against joker riddler and two-face and more realistic villains, batman he's with robin and the bat family and other DC heroes against the more super powered villains.

I'm not too worried if people get runs disrupted by crossovers, as long as those crossovers (i.e. batman/detective comics) are written by the same person, or the current writers on each title write the story collectively. and it's collected in a tpb of that story. It's usually done to get an important story arc out quickly.
I don't like that in the second Alan Moore WildCats book you suddenly get two issues from "fire from heaven" a stupidly big crossover, which i haven't read but seems like it would be quite incoherent. They should've skipped those issues out and collected them in a "fire from heaven" tpb (ok maybe they did collect FFH but there's still 2 stray issues where i have no idea what's going on). But yeah I want to read them cuz they're alan moore, which is why i think he either should've been on a team of writers who collectively wrote FFH, or they got someone else to write those two issues and I wouldn't feel all completist...but that was many years ago, I don't think there are lots of examples I can think of..maybe between superman and action comics pre-IC, but I haven't read that many of them.

Detective Comics tells detective stories about Batman, and Batman tells adventure stories about Batman. I think it's pretty well differentiated right now, honestly.

Latest posts

Back