How to improve Ultimate X-Men

I heard that Singer was no longer attached to the third X-Men movie (now directing Superman, instead), but I hadn't actually read confirmation or even specualtion that he was dropping his run on UXM. It's logical specualtion, though, and if he is dropping out (even though I've tried not to judge Singer's run before it starts): thank ****!

I just read this today. I sort of feel bad for crapping on the guy without knowing what he was doing or how he would do it, but he wasn't stepping to the plate with the book's best interests at heart I don't think.

The great news here is not so much that Singer isn't coming, but perhaps Vaughan will be staying even longer. :D

We might even get a chance to see what David Mack had planned for Wolverine all along. His run was supposed to start with #50.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Yee HA! This is the greatest news EVER... I'm crying in joy! YES!

I would like to see Vaughan stay on. He delivers solid issue after solid issue. To the people that haven't, just give into the temptation and read #50... You'll know what I'm talking about then!

With Bendis pretty much guaranteed writing duties on USM 'til at least #100, we have to assume the top writing assingment in the Ultimate universe is UXM for A-list writers such as Vaughan and Ellis, Millar and Casey. Maybe Casey isn't A-list, but he can't do any harm. And I'm very happy Vaughan is sticking around for the time being.

Yeah, it's all good news. Vaughan is "ultimizing" a character that no one expected anyone to do with the arc after Gambit. It will probably be Apocolypse, that's my guess.

Yeah, it's all good news. Vaughan is "ultimizing" a character that no one expected anyone to do with the arc after Gambit. It will probably be Apocolypse, that's my guess.

Where did you here this at?

He was interviewed by a moderator at the Ultimate X forum... Maybe UltiamteE should pick up the pace here, huh? His competition is raising the stakes! :) Just kidding, of course.

Also, I'm assuming it may be involved with HYDRA now, however, I am not really sure.

Although it should be a while off before Magneto breaks free, do you think we'll see him at his trial being sentenced to death and stuff? And this new method of the death sentence that uses no metal that Xavier said was being thought about? That'd be a cool way for him to break free, round about this time, whether it be him being busted out by the likes of Juggernaut or The Brotherhood, or some other way. Jus a thought.
I think we HAVE to see Hydra ultimatized! And in the pages of The Ultimates, too. They were formed to combat terrorism, after all, and so far we haven't seen that yet (Ultimate War doesn't really count, as they fought The X-Men in that rather than The Brotherhood), unless you would count a rampaging hulk and an alien race as Terrorists, but I would count them more as a rampaging hulk and an alien race.

Do you think Magneto will always be a villain, or do you think Xavier could rehabilitate him enough that he's not necessarily a good guy, but he doesn't cause the X-men any more grief.

He'll be considered a villain regardless of whether his affiliation with Xavier is good or not. They put Magneto into a difficult situation to get out of. As with all of the characters locked up in SHIELD.

Yeah, you don't exactly get forgiven by the general population for hundreds, if not thousands of deaths due to your own direct actions and those of terrorists acting on your orders. You might as well try and make an American hero out of Bin Ladin.

He'll be considered a villain regardless of whether his affiliation with Xavier is good or not.

They could try, but I very highly doubt they'll do to Ultimate Mags what they did the regular Mags when they made him a hero and a member of the X-Men.

Issue 100 is too soon, I would say, for it to have the right kind of impact. We should see Magneto in SHIELD containment before then, though. Xavier still visits him, right? We could see that sometime in X-Men, or we could see Pietro and Wanda visit him in Ultimates. Just to remind us that he's still there.

Yeah, I'd like that. Esecially the QS/ Magneto moments. They would certainly bring back that "Tomorrow People" feel... The title has changed since Millar has left. We know this, of course.

Latest posts

Back