How would you rate Brian K. Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men?

How would you rate Brian Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men?

• Total voters
Re: Rate BKV's run on UXM

Well, I thought he was the best writer for the title so far. Keeping up with continuity and coming up with good ultimizations.

Last edited:

Fantastalastically...

Consistantly good stories, characters, and characterizations...

Millar had some ups and downs, and while his ups were really up, his downs brought the overall quality of his stories down.

I mean BKV did so much and it never felt like he was rushing it all together...

Thoroughly enjoyed it, maybe the best straight superhero comic I've ever read.

And they can print that on the cover of a trade if they like.

Not bad at all, but I found must of his run to just be a bit dull. Not bad, just dull. I wasn't even paying any real attention until The Most Dangerous Game.

Bass said:
Not bad at all, but I found must of his run to just be a bit dull. Not bad, just dull. I wasn't even paying any real attention until The Most Dangerous Game.
That's because the only time you actually pay attention to something, is if it's about you. :wink:

how was it dull?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't see where you're coming from.

good, could be better though...better than Bendis run though :wink: i say 3/5

200 POST!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Last edited:

Dr.Strangefate said:
how was it dull?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't see where you're coming from.

When I say dull, I just remember when the issues were coming out and I just didn't really care. Tempest, Fenris, I can barely remember the arcs. As I said, when I got the first issue of "The Most Dangerous Game" I just went - Wow! This is great! - but that didn't really last. To me, it's been up and down. That said, when it was down, it was never bad. It was always good, but for most of it, I thought it was just a little - dull. I just wasn't into it, that's all.

Kinda like Ex Machina.

Not bad - just uninteresting to me.

Last edited:

I loved it.
It got even better when Immonen signed on. He's one of my favourite artists.
UXM was the first Ultimate comic I started reading, but it was always secondary to The Ultimates in my favourites (except the Bendis ones, which I didn't like and only bought in HC because I am a completist and I wanted to see some more Ultimate Daredevil), during Vaughn's run it was equal.

I've read up to Most Dangerous Game, and so far I'd say he's the best writer we've had on this title. However, Cry Wolf bored me. Probably because I dislike Kubert's art.

ProjectX2 said:
I've read up to Most Dangerous Game, and so far I'd say he's the best writer we've had on this title. However, Cry Wolf bored me. Probably because I dislike Kubert's art.
Cry Wolf was his worst IMO, not terrible, but not as good as his other arcs.

Great poll, Pollmaster. :D

5 Stars. He was infinitely better than Millar and created some of the best Ultimizations in the UU. Team dynamics were great like MwoF said, and everything flowed nicely as a whole, not seeming like "villain of the week" stories like Bendis falls into so often, yet still standing strong as stories on their own.

I'm definitely going to miss him on this book.

Latest posts

Back