How would you rate ORSON SCOTT CARD'S Ultimate Iron-Man Mini

How would you rate OSC's Ultimate Iron-Man

• Total voters
Well, when I download it, I'm going to read it, vomit, and then burn it to CD, so I can complete my Ultimate collection.

ProjectX2 said:
Well, when I download it, I'm going to read it, vomit, and then burn it to CD, so I can complete my Ultimate collection.

:lol:

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's too bad so many options were added. I really wanted to see the "one star" option dominate.
Me too. I think giving people the right a plurality of choices is wrong. Democracy is overrated.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I can't believe some people posted that it earned a 3/5. That's just as good as some people though Vaughan's run on UXM was. That's terrible.

I can't believe some people gave it 4 or even 5 stars...what can I say? There's no accounting for taste.

Shi_Vral said:
You guys are still complaining about the healing factor and everything when they set up a very reasonable out for it, and for the brain cancer. What happens to a normal person who consumes too much alcohol? Liver Cancer. What happens to someone who's brian is distributed throughout his body who drinks too much alcohol? Brain Cancer. Part of the problem with cancer is that your body doesn't think something is wrong, and so it can't fix it. Its not like Tony has control over his healing factor, and so he can't make it cure his brain cancer. Anyway, I thought the story was fun and interesting, and that it did a lot to set up the Tony Stark we all know from Ultimates, not ruin him. 4/5

UltimateE said:
I've never heard of alcoholism causing liver cancer. It ruins your liver, sure, but doesn't cause cancer.

Exactly. It causes psorrhosis (I know I spelled that wrong) of the liver, not cancer.

fireproof said:
- The Brain Body. Obviously. When he got his legs burnt off or his foot cut off, did he suddenly lose intelligence, or forget some things he knew, or lose some other functionality? No. It is an very complicated and silly way to explain something that could be explained by saying "He is a very smart guy."

Exactly.

ProjectX2 said:

Bulimia and illegally downloading copyrighted material? Proj, you're a mess.

I have to say this is just a waste of paper. Think of all the beautiful trees that were wasted to give us this crap. I give it a one star.

thee great one said:
I have to say this is just a waste of paper. Think of all the beautiful trees that were wasted to give us this crap. I give it a one star.
I do think about the trees being wasted. But than I remember about the Squirrels. But than I remember about the other animals. Such a toss up for me, really.

I'm not sure I'de vote on this till after Part 2. I like to wait till the whole story is finished. Before I start complaining about it. Who knows maybe Card has some wird, cazy, or Amazing stuff in part 2.

the watcher said:
I'm not sure I'de vote on this till after Part 2. I like to wait till the whole story is finished. Before I start complaining about it. Who knows maybe Card has some wird, cazy, or Amazing stuff in part 2.
No they're two seperate stories. Card wanted to split them so we vote on Mini one and Mini two just like we did for DD/Elektra.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No they're two seperate stories. Card wanted to split them so we vote on Mini one and Mini two just like we did for DD/Elektra.
Card didn't want to split them. There were already going to be 2 parts. Card just wanted to keep writing, so Marvel let him.

icemastertron said:
Card didn't want to split them. There were already going to be 2 parts. Card just wanted to keep writing, so Marvel let him.

Damn shame, too.

icemastertron said:
I thought some of the delays were because he had already plotted out the end before he knew he could do two minis.:?

thee great one said:

Good point.

Lynx said:
Damn shame, too.

Another good point.

icemastertron said:

Thats not true. It was originally intended to be one mini, not two. It ended up supposedly being enough material for two, so Marvel (trying to extend the income-riding wave of using a well-known sci-fi author) broke it into two. I disagree about the material being worthwhile, but then again I disagree with a lot of what Marvel does.

Pandrio said:
I thought some of the delays were because he had already plotted out the end before he knew he could do two minis.

They were. Either Ice doesn't know what he's talking about or we're totally misunderstanding him.

DIrishB said:
Thats not true. It was originally intended to be one mini, not two. It ended up supposedly being enough material for two, so Marvel (trying to extend the income-riding wave of using a well-known sci-fi author) broke it into two. I disagree about the material being worthwhile, but then again I disagree with a lot of what Marvel does.
It is true. Yes, at first it was meant to only be one mini. But than from the way OSC was writing, Marvel broke it into 2 minis, but OSC wasn't scheduled to write it. Marvel said themselves that OSC told them he was having so much fun, that he wants to write the second one, too.

icemastertron said:
It is true. Yes, at first it was meant to only be one mini. But than from the way OSC was writing, Marvel broke it into 2 minis, but OSC wasn't scheduled to write it. Marvel said themselves that OSC told them he was having so much fun, that he wants to write the second one, too.

Gotcha. You didn't make that point clear in your other post though, hence me saying Pandrio and I might be misunderstanding you. That still doesn't explain you writing this:

icemastertron said:
There were already going to be 2 parts.

If it was originally going to be one mini, how does that statement make any sense?

DIrishB said:
If it was originally going to be one mini, how does that statement make any sense?
Just one of my many "preview before you explain so people can understand you right, you jackass". In other words, I goofed.

I gave it 3 stars with 3 being "average" to me.

I liked the art, I liked how it started, I liked how it ended - but I didn't like where it went in the middle.

I saw the cover for the hardcover "trade" and it pushes it like it is a Card novel and that - that I didn't like at all.

Latest posts

Back