How would you rate ORSON SCOTT CARD'S Ultimate Iron-Man Mini

How would you rate OSC's Ultimate Iron-Man

• Total voters
I am unable to vote because I cannot in good conscience award it a one star vote just to get a vote in.

To quote Jack Black: You get an F...MINUS.

UltimateE said:
I am unable to vote because I cannot in good conscience award it a one star vote just to get a vote in.

To quote Jack Black: You get an F...MINUS.
What about now? :wink:

icemastertron said:
What about now? :wink:

Much better.

I hold such little regard for this book, I couldn't even be bothered to adjust the poll so I can properly express how much I hate it.

Making ORSON SCOTT CARD's name allcaps is kind of weird and surreal. I feel like he just gave me the finger while spanking Compound's teenage sister in front of me.

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
wonder if the person who gave it 5 stars will own up....

Click on the number in the poll results and it tells who all the people that voted.

I voted ***.

I'd have given more like **1/2 but I figured there'd be enough nay sayer to lower the score.

I found it acceptable and even enjoyable at time and if it wasn't for the *ahem* questionable regeneration powers and body brain gimmicks it would have been fairly good.

Last edited:
Honestly, I really think you guys need to loosen up about the series, and reevaluate whether or not you went into the series with unrealistic expectations. You knew what kind of material OSC had written in the past. It was bound to have a very sci-fi, futuristic bent to it. I've honestly enjoyed it because I like sci-fi stuff, and it opens up a whole new world of Tony Stark. If you read The Ultimates and Ultimate Nightmare, you knew there was something not quite right about Ultimate Tony Stark. "Two-brained freak", remember? How could we not expect OSC to do something with that? I love watching the evolution of the armor, and it explains also how Tony could design the new armor seen in The Ultimates while in the Himalayas.

I can't wait to see UIM 2. I gave it a 5.

jtg3885 said:
Honestly, I really think you guys need to loosen up about the series, and reevaluate whether or not you went into the series with unrealistic expectations. You knew what kind of material OSC had written in the past. It was bound to have a very sci-fi, futuristic bent to it. I've honestly enjoyed it because I like sci-fi stuff, and it opens up a whole new world of Tony Stark. If you read The Ultimates and Ultimate Nightmare, you knew there was something not quite right about Ultimate Tony Stark. "Two-brained freak", remember? How could we not expect OSC to do something with that? I love watching the evolution of the armor, and it explains also how Tony could design the new armor seen in The Ultimates while in the Himalayas.

I can't wait to see UIM 2. I gave it a 5.
I like Sci-Fi stuff too but I don't see the need to throw it full force into an Ultimate Title just because "Hey, it's a comic book and I can make it as unrealistic as possible" Card didn't even know what the Ultimate Universe was. "Two brained freak" is an expression.

We didn't go into it with unrealistic expectations about the mini. We went in with the wrong impression of that hack, Card. We thought because he was a professional that he would know enough to follow guidelines of the mythology he was writing about. Instead he took us all by surprise and ****ed with Millar's character so ****in badly.

vote 5 all you want and enjoy the title all you want as a stand alone story of some Tony Stark. But as Ultimate Tony Stark this was crap.

EDIT: Not fair E. Now it actually looks like I gave it some credit! All right I'll stick with one for the art.

Last edited:
I gave it a 2 stars. And I played 3x the money you did for this crap. What a waste

I didn't pick up #3. Not because I hated it, I just found it uninteresting. I never saw how it ended, because I just didn't care. It didn't make me nearly angry enough to hate it. I'm too indifferent about it to bother with a vote.

Bass said:
I didn't pick up #3. Not because I hated it, I just found it uninteresting. I never saw how it ended, because I just didn't care. It didn't make me nearly angry enough to hate it. I'm too indifferent about it to bother with a vote.
Guess what? Look at the poll again! :wink:

Where's the option for "I'm still waiting for someone to upload the entire mini so I can download it?"

Latest posts

Back