How would you rate the Ultimate Vision Backstory?

How would you rate the Ultimate Vision Backstory?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 9 13.2%

Votes: 39 57.4%

Votes: 12 17.6%

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
Despite the whole gender ultimization, I thought this pretty much got the job done. I liked the middle of it about alien civilizations and they're untimely demise. I was a big fan of someone actually talking about Earth as if the human race isn't such a bad one, unlike most interpretations that we're all just pigs in a pen. What I didn't like was Female Vision and I will not encourage Marvel by giving this mini any more than a three. It was solid but they lost major points for making him a her IMO. I also didn't like the Wolverine/Jean reaction but that had little effect on the mini. Props for more Sam Wilson.

I'd say a solid 3 outta 5. I thought that because of Vision's fondness for Sam...she was gonna help them stop Gah Lak Tus. Instead it's the whole "your species is doomed and there is nothing you can do to stop it" gig.

Thumbs up for the use of Wilson. Unless he dies in Extinction, I'd like to see more of him in the future with the Ultimates.

Thumbs down for the cyberbreasts. I get the whole "ultimization" thing they were trying to go for......but it just fell flat and had no usefullness. Another thumbs down for the Wolverine/Jean splash. Weak sauce. Find another love triangle Marvel....

Maybe if they had a whole Vision arc where they could flesh out the story a bit more....then I'd rate it higher and possibly forgive the roboboob.

4/5. The art was better than JRJR's usual. I liked the idea behind the whole thing; it was a good prologue for Ultimate Extinction and served as a good primer for Gah Lak Tus and what he can do.

The r0808008z were amazingly stupid, though.

I give it 4/5 because it helped build anticipation for extinction. Although it did make Gah Lak Tus seem impossible to defeat, which makes me fear that the solution to defeating him is going to be something stupid like a giant canon or something.

MaxwellSmart said:
Although it did make Gah Lak Tus seem impossible to defeat, which makes me fear that the solution to defeating him is going to be something stupid like a giant canon or something.

I think just the opposite. Ellis is a better writer than that.

It DID make him seem impossible to defeat, which makes the series more unpredictable. Obviously we know the "good guys" are going to win, but I just couldn't imagine how.

UltimateE said:
I think just the opposite. Ellis is a better writer than that.

It DID make him seem impossible to defeat, which makes the series more unpredictable. Obviously we know the "good guys" are going to win, but I just couldn't imagine how.

I actually had an idea for extinction that pissed off a friend of mine, but it's so out their it might happen. What if Ultimate Earth is destroyed and the next year is how they rap up the Ultimate Universe. I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't think it's the worst way to end the Ultimate Universe.

I only read the parts that were in UFF, becuase I'm not buying random issues of USM and UXM for a few pages of a story that I'm mildly interested in.

But here's my opinion about the sex change: It was stupid to make him a her, but then again it would be just as stupid to keep him a him. I would of preferred that the Vision be ambiguous. Its a robot. It shouldn't be male or female.

MaxwellSmart said:
I actually had an idea for extinction that pissed off a friend of mine, but it's so out their it might happen. What if Ultimate Earth is destroyed and the next year is how they rap up the Ultimate Universe. I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't think it's the worst way to end the Ultimate Universe.
Ultimates 2 probably takes place after Extinction, though.

I didn't read the USM parts.

I can't find anything good to say about the parts I did read though. Just boring, uninsightful and pointless. :(

Bass said:
I didn't read the USM parts.

I can't find anything good to say about the parts I did read though. Just boring, uninsightful and pointless. :(

Not totally! I mean it has her in the Ultimate Universe. So they can bring her back. They'll probably bring her back to join the Ultimates.

3 out of 5

I thought it was solid but not great. Roboobs, the seemingly pointlessness to it, and Wolverine/Jean kept it from being anything more. The stories of other civilizations and Sam Wilson was very good though.

3/5 -

Meh art, but reading Mark Millar trying to channel Warren Ellis was pretty amusing. In a couple of places he almost succeeded, too, but MM does NOT have a grasp on science of any kind, and his pseudo-science comes off as babbling, whereas Ellis' comes off as raving about things that are remotely possible in the future, assuming it's a sort of distopian and Goth-ish future.

Gave it two, didn't kill me to read it but I didn't enjoy it either. Art and character design aside I thought it was rather drab and a poor prologue to extinction. Guess I'm just not into this space alien crap, there is enough stuff going on down here to start looking up there for inspiration. Yeah I know that's the point of Galactus, but even so.

Latest posts

Back