html comics

I love this site so much.

Whoever created this site is my new favorite person in the world.

I have been able to get caught up on so many different comics that I've been trying to track down. The mere fact that I was able to finally read Moore's MiracleMan or Bendis' Daredevil is amazing.

This is honestly the greatest discovery this site has ever known.

So I just read Kevin Smith's arc of Daredevil. It was really good. Kevin Smith is such a good story teller, and he really understand's DD's Catholicism (at least it seems that way, having never been Catholic I guess I really can't say that).

I totally called that the villain was
Mysterio
as soon as he mentioned that he usually fought Spidey.

So I just read Kevin Smith's arc of Daredevil. It was really good. Kevin Smith is such a good story teller, and he really understand's DD's Catholicism (at least it seems that way, having never been Catholic I guess I really can't say that).

I totally called that the villain was
Mysterio
as soon as he mentioned that he usually fought Spidey.

I was completely engrossed in that arc. It's one of the few characters that Smith knew what to do with.

Have you read Bendis' run? GOOD GOD! That run owned my soul! I could not rip through those stories quick enough.

Well I believe Smith is catholic so that makes sense

So I have started reading the Martian Manhunter version 2, which has started off nice.

The first couple of issues explain the status quo of Martian Manhunter. Not only does he have John Jones persona, he also has several others, including a supervillian known as the Big Doof, who constantly messes up supervillian plans.

Then, they introduce a villain known as Bette Noir, who is a psychic vampire, then someone starts to mess with MM's life by killing off his human friends.

It's good.

So I have started reading the Martian Manhunter version 2, which has started off nice.

The first couple of issues explain the status quo of Martian Manhunter. Not only does he have John Jones persona, he also has several others, including a supervillian known as the Big Doof, who constantly messes up supervillian plans.

Then, they introduce a villain known as Bette Noir, who is a psychic vampire, then someone starts to mess with MM's life by killing off his human friends.

It's good.

I actually love this run. It's so unappreciated in retrospect. When I first read Final Crisis, I wasn't really bothered by the Martian Manhunter's execution at Libra's hands, actually. I've read v2 of Martian Manhunter since then, though, so now it really irritates me that the death of such a great character was reduced to a plot device in an event comic.

Im going through and reading all the Hobgoblin issues of Spider-Man
Roger Stern is awesome, it really sucks that he left the book right in the middle of developing the character and Tom DeFalco took over and made Ned Leeds Hobgoblin.

Hmmmm....we'll see how long it lasts.

Fortunately, I've just about read all the stuff I've been wanting to track down. The only thing left for me was to read 100 Bullets.

Although I kinda had a feeling that some major attention to the site was gonna happen sooner or later. I noticed that they removed Scott Pilgrim from their library.

yeah, i guess that was to be expected.

I guess it's similar to uploading music or movies to youtube. People do it and sometimes the copyright owners don't care. But if they do, the videos won't remain and the poster will get in "trouble".
Marvel and DC are aware of the site and told him to take it down or be sued, but he hasn't. And they haven't sued yet. But i guess it's just a matter of time.

yeah, i guess that was to be expected.

I guess it's similar to uploading music or movies to youtube. People do it and sometimes the copyright owners don't care. But if they do, the videos won't remain and the poster will get in "trouble".
Marvel and DC are aware of the site and told him to take it down or be sued, but he hasn't. And they haven't sued yet. But i guess it's just a matter of time.

Most of everything that is found on that site can be found in torrents anyway, despite Marvel's and DC's best efforts to the contrary.

yeah, but i don't download torrents. I liked the idea that I could read old back issues for free without having to download them.

I think Marvel and DC should embrace it. Sell advertisement space and have the profit go to each company. Also make agreements on when new issues are to be posted (like one year after the original). But they won't do something cool like that

of course they won't. Then Marvel would have to abandon their digital comics library.

Apparently when Marvel and DC first contacted the creator of htmlcomics and told him to shut down the site he said no, but that he would be willing to charge up to a penny per page and turn all of the profits over to them.

I think Marvel and DC should embrace it. Sell advertisement space and have the profit go to each company. Also make agreements on when new issues are to be posted (like one year after the original). But they won't do something cool like that

Hulu for comics.

Latest posts

Back