html comics

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...we knew it couldn't last forever. All I had left to read was 100 Bullets. :(

Publishers get together to beat down pirates

The article links to another post which is really interesting:

The website was run by a man with a long and unusual history of run-ins with the police, including this epic weirdness in which he used his computer company to send SPAM messages attacking a policeman who arrested him, claiming to all that the cop was a gay pedophile. He then proceeded to set up a gay **** website in the cop's name.

Mr. Pirate also claims to be a good Christian. Many websites have epic odd posts from this dude.

The comments thread at the above link is particularly interesting. This man has issues.

One of his issues is with me.

When I very politely asked him to remove my comics from his website, he sent me a belligerent letter and threatened to lawyer me into oblivion:

"…we'll see you in court and we'll be the ones cashing your compensatory damages check."

He bragged about how much he loved battling with lawyers…and about how much money he had.

After I again firmly but politely asked him to remove my work, he complied. However, larger publishers who also made the request were rudely rebuffed. Others were offered a deal: he wanted to become their online publisher.

No takers.

She's got a number of supplemental links in that article. Guy sounds like he might not be all there.

Yay! Mark one up for the protection of intellectual property.

*high five!* Thank you!

"Waaahhhh, but out site is a library!" Bull****, libraries BUY their copies of the books they lend, and they don't make infinite copies for the masses.

Yay! Mark one up for the protection of intellectual property.

I'm very torn here, on one side I completely agree, it's a totally dickish move to hand out someone else's hard work without permission whether you're making a profit or not. But on the other hand it gave me so much access to comics I've always wanted to read but couldn't cause I don't have the money to spend on them. Really I would love a service where I can browse and read, not download, a huge collection for a monthly fee. I wish Marvel, DC, and other companies would say "Listen you can't do this, but If we'll allow it to run with a number of conditions" or start similar paid service.

I'm very torn here, on one side I completely agree, it's a totally dickish move to hand out someone else's hard work without permission whether you're making a profit or not. But on the other hand it gave me so much access to comics I've always wanted to read but couldn't cause I don't have the money to spend on them. Really I would love a service where I can browse and read, not download, a huge collection for a monthly fee. I wish Marvel, DC, and other companies would say "Listen you can't do this, but If we'll allow it to run with a number of conditions" or start similar paid service.

Bet the creators would get dicked out of the profits.

Bet the creators would get dicked out of the profits.

Yeah that would suck, I mean that's basically what the Writer's guild strike was all about a few years ago. I would like it if the company had ads around individual comics and those profits went to the people who made that issue.

Latest posts

Back