Huge 12-page preview for Ultimate Secret #1 available at PopCultureShock

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
[imgl]http://ultimatecentral.com/cov/ULTSEC01.jpg[/imgl] PopCultureShock has posted a 12 page preview of Marvel's upcoming Ultimate Secret #1, the first issue of the sequel to Ultimate Nightmare, written by Warren Ellis with art by Steve McNiven.

Note: First seven sequential pages provided by Marvel. Last four scanned from Marvel Previews #14 and #17.

From PCS: The second story arc in the great Ultimate Universe trilogy that began with Ultimate Nightmare! A hidden alien race is trying desperately to keep Man from reaching the stars. Cape Canaveral scientist Phillip Lawson knows of the hideous plan and will use all his considerable power to stop it...the power of Captain Mahr Vehl! 32 PGS./Marvel PSR...$2.99

You can see the preview here: http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3339
 

cmdrjanjalani

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
707
Ultimate Carol Danvers finally appears. I wonder what'll happen to her? Or will she just be a cameo character?

I'm really excited of this series.
 
Last edited:

Bass

Nexus of the World
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
14,167
Location
Folkestone, UK
No Spidey, no Thor, no Iron Man.

Jeez.

I just want a super-hero! Y'know, the kind who looks normal, say in a business suit, who does something, like pressing his watch, and he transforms into a costumed super-hero! Perhaps his colour scheme could be white and green, with electricity.

Just one superhero! That's all I ask!

:wink:

Looks like a lot of fun!

Let's hope it comes out on time.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Bass said:
I just want a super-hero! Y'know, the kind who looks normal, say in a business suit, who does something, like pressing his watch, and he transforms into a costumed super-hero! Perhaps his colour scheme could be white and green, with electricity.

Just one superhero! That's all I ask!

:wink:

Warren Ellis doesn't do superhero books. You'll never see that in this book.
 

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
1,249
Location
Bay Area
cmdrjanjalani said:
Ultimate Carol Danvers finally appears. I wonder what'll happen to her? Or will she just be a cameo character?

I'm really excited of this series.

Who was she in the regular universe.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
14,167
Location
Folkestone, UK
UltimateE said:
Warren Ellis doesn't do superhero books. You'll never see that in this book.

Well, at least Bendis isn't writing it. We would see that, just spread over 732 issues.

My watch can do that, with the exception of turning me into a costumed super-hero. But otherwise it's bang on

Mine can time travel.

But only into the future.

At the rate of one second per second.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
16,716
Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Preview was pretty cool. The whole Danvers/Captain Mar-vell tension when he said "I'm not lookin' at you" was subtle but enough to convince me maybe something will be started. What was with that "Wait to see how this ties in" message? Did they cut it out of the preview?
 

Guijllons

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
4,077
Location
A quaint English Village
I've seen a couple more pages than have been shown in this preview, so yeah, it's been cut out. Seen a nice little sketch of Mahr Vehl ripping the kree drone to shreds too.
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,491
Location
Australia
René said:
Who was she in the regular universe.
At various times, she has been Ms Marvel, Warbird or Binary. She's the source of 616 Rogue's previous flight and superstrength and she's a longtime member of the Avengers. She left the Avengers when she became an alcoholic and is currently serving in the Department of Homeland Security in a costumed and administrative capacity. Her powers came from exposure to Captain Marvell and Kree experiments as wellas Brood Experiments.

Guijllons said:
I've seen a couple more pages than have been shown in this preview, so yeah, it's been cut out. Seen a nice little sketch of Mahr Vehl ripping the kree drone to shreds too.
Your an evil, evil little man.
 

Latest posts

Top