Hulk Family

Do you know what would have made the Hulk interesting? Bass and I and probably others have talked about this before... if he disassembled the Avengers. Not Scarlet Witch. Hulk, the reason why the Avengers formed in the first place, is the reason why they fall apart. He goes into a murderous rage and kills a dozen of them. And this is when the Illuminati steps in - they realise they can no longer keep someone this powerful on earth and this is why they send him into space. Of course, this makes him angrier and he comes back... but he's no longer a hero anymore. Banner is long gone. Hulk is back and he is the villain.

This would actually make a lot of Marvel's events make sense and Hulk wouldn't have sex with alien warriors from the future or whatever Venom Melendez is talking about. Also, I think Banner should be killed or something. Maybe. I was reading about some Hulk posts yesterday and some guy was talking about how they should Captain America the book. Not necessarily remove Banner/Hulk or replace him or whatever, but focus on the supporting cast. We could hardly see Hulk. We could hear about him, destroying towns etc. But we see the supporting cast - Ross, Betty, Samson, whoever else, dealing with the situation, trying to capture/heal/save him. I don't know, I'd prefer this to sending him into space and then having him fight a rainbow.

Didn't the original Stan Lee/Jack Kirby Hulk run only last 6 issues? Maybe he's really not that interesting. I think the Ultimate Universe did it right when they made him a supporting character in The Ultimates, rather than give him his own title.
Oh, that's awesome.

Like a Hulk Task Force that just chases him around the world. You could do a lot with that.

Haven't Hulk and Banner been physically separated at some point? If people didn't want to see Banner go, you could do that and just add non-Hulk Banner as a member of the team, Dr. Frankenstein trying to redeem himselfy by hunting the monster he created before it kills again.
I recall reading Bass' posts on this. I don't recall you being involve, Kiwi. :p (I kid, I kid).
Bass likes to go back in time and retroactively steal people's ideas.

He did it to me in The Dark Knight thread.

See, this is what happens when you give a foreigner modship. That's why they had to euthanize Cad. They're still tracking Proj.
I declare this Venom Melendez to be NO-NOSENSE
:lol::lol::lol:

Until expletives are thrown and people get I dunno, violent about it, I'd say it's not really close to flaming (yet).

until expletives are thrown and people get i dunno, violent about it, i'd say it's not really close to flaming (yet).
I'LL CUT YOUR ****ING NUTS OFF IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT THERE'S ****ING FLAMING GOING ON!!!

****er.

Last edited:
Any real Hulk fan will tell ya that while Hulk smashes alot he usually smashes thouse who need to be smashed

What difference does that make?

The Jones/Deodato run was pretty much the best run of the Hulk since David/Keown left the book.

Yeah, and that was short-lived. Fans turned on him (Jones) pretty quick when the Hulk stopped appearing in the Hulk book.

That and the Absorbing Man story was pretty crappy too.

The Hulk doesn't just smash things

The Hulk is more or less the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it is supposed to be an introspective look at the face that people hide behind their public persona, Banner is the meak smart guy who puts up with abuse all his life and never acts on his aggresive urges, while The Hulk is a furious brute who doesn't take **** of of nobody (cue Cool Runnings quote). Personally the Gentle Giant angle of the Hulk has never worked for me, and The complete ****-head angle is garbage aswell. All the Hulk should really be is Rage incarnate, lashing out at whoever wrongs him, but not arbitrarily, he should be an efficient tool of destruction, not spazzing and randomly destroying all he see's.

The current interpreatation of the Hulk as "All Hulk ever wants is to be left alone!" is garbage and it doesn't work as an intriguing character, Planet Hulk worked on a limited level because The Hulk used some common sense, he caused a revolution, he didn't just bash those that enslaved him and used him for public entertainment, he systematically tore down the very structure of their society.

The Hulk having a "family" is not a terrible idea, he's always had people like Rick Jones, She-Hulk, Doc Samson, Betty, around him, because like any book he needs a supporting cast. He was given a supporting cast that worked in Planet Hulk the Warbound, where are they? nowhere. Thats where because while they may have worked on Sakaar, they don't work on earth. This one-shot isn't about a Hulk centric FF it's tales about various characters that are tied to The Hulk in pretty significant ways, I imagine it's a way for them to try and give The Hulk a supporting cast again, but they aren't exactly doing it right, Skaar may be kindof important, but the mere fact that nobody knows he exists, and he is so far removed from everything else makes his book feel like a What If? book. The bottom line about this one-shot is that the Skaar story should be in Skaar, the She-Hulk story should be in She-Hulk, the Scorpion story should be in Incredible Herc (Amadeus plays a big part in this story), and The Thundra-daughter story shouldn't even exist because it is so rediculously stupid sounding.

And Red-Hulk is an abomination that should be shot into a Black Hole and never spoken about ever again.

Latest posts

Back