Avengers Hulkling and Asgardian - are they or aren't they?

Bass said:
You want a minority with no people clamouring to their aid?

Women bodybuilders.

:mrgreen:
Go on Bass, tell a female body builder she needs help across the street. Please tape it. We can play it at your funeral.

The Lady and The Bass
A Play by Moonmaster​

"May I help you across the street, large and powerful woman?"
"Who are you callin' woman, TWIGBOY!"
"I was just kindly offering my services..."
"Well I don't need yer services, TWIGBOY! I COULD SNAP YOU IN HALF LIKE A TWIG, TWIGBOY! LIKE A TWIG!.........TWIGBOY!"
"I apologise my Hulking Flower..."
"You want some o' dis, TWIGBOY! I could rape you like a PRISON *****!"
"That would be an honor not befitting of my poor soul, you Schwarzeneggian beauty."
"BEAUTY!? THAT'S IT! I'M RAPIN' YA, TWIGBOY!"
"Oh, how the fair and all knowing Gods have smiled upon me on this glorious day!"

The large and powerful woman throws Bass over her should and carries him into the sunset...............................where she rapes him.

THE END​

Ugh...what a way to go. :sick:

Bass said:
You want a minority with no people clamouring to their aid?

Women bodybuilders.

:mrgreen:
Like this? O_O

nb040522.jpg

Guijllons said:
I'll say one thing for her though, she has one hell of a well worn nipple.

:sick: Oh, god, why did you have to point that out! :dead:

moonmaster said:
:sick: Oh, god, why did you have to point that out! :dead:
Hey, credit where credit's due.
"She" must be getting some sort of nipple biting action.

Unless that's just where they cut her tit open to pour silicon into her chest and then made a right pigs ear (possibly even literally, you know, surgeons joke) of stitching her up.

See what I mean? Everyone bashes the woman bodybuilder because the vast majority of them are quite minging. That's not very nice. That's about as ethical as hating blacks because they don't glow in the dark.

Unless you nuke 'em.

Anyhoo, considering the rape scene in Mooney's play, I am now worried about my upcoming appearance in the UC fanfic.

Bass said:
Anyhoo, considering the rape scene in Mooney's play, I am now worried about my upcoming appearance in the UC fanfic.

:eek:

I have been stricken by inspiration.

BassRape, yes,..............*strokes nonexistant beard*............I shall contemplate this thuroghly......

This thread has gone so, so wrong.

Well, as already pointed out. It makes no odds whether they are or not.

However, strangefate did say that he watched Will and Grace because it was a "gay" sit-com.

So, do you think having positive gay characters in comics is actually a good selling point? And should it matter? Though that last point is one that really needn't be asked.

Guijllons said:
So, do you think having positive gay characters in comics is actually a good selling point?

Is having a positive white character in Amazing Spider-Man a good selling point?

Anyone who would buy Young Avengers just because the characters are gay is shallow. Buy it because it's a good book.

Although I agree, my point wasn't about that of the buyer. We all buy the stupidest things for the stupidest of reasons. I was actually questioning the tactical method as regards to sales of introducing gay characters.

We know Wolverine sells well because (as ourchair has pointed out) he is an indestructible teen fantasy icon, he overcomes so many of the fears that a teen boy has on a massive scale. Having characters that are not only gay, but are teenagers and in a relationship also must count for something towards sales.

Gay characters in comics are generally loners, struggling to find some sort of acceptance. But that's of an age gone by, now it's far more acceptable, and actually easier to get into a normal relationship if you're gay and a teenager.

This book could either be acknowledging that fact, or as I suggested, using that fact as a springboard.

In that case, yes, it is a powerful selling point, because I'm sure there are people who will buy it for that reason. I fully acknowledge that I may be in the minority in my position.

Smart to market it that way - absolutely and absolutely necessary. But if one buys it for that reason (or any other reason similar to this one using sensationalist marketing ploys) - s/he are a sad case. :wink:

Comics are entertainment. While it's absolutely true that there are things you can learn from them, if one looks to them for peer support they have even larger problems than they think they do.

Guijllons said:
Well, as already pointed out. It makes no odds whether they are or not.

However, strangefate did say that he watched Will and Grace because it was a "gay" sit-com.

So, do you think having positive gay characters in comics is actually a good selling point? And should it matter? Though that last point is one that really needn't be asked.

I didn't say that I had watched it because it was a Gay Sitcom, I've watched it because my Step-Sister enjoys it, and she puts it on sometimes while we're eating dinner.... I didn't say I liked it.

I don't think having Gay Characters is a good selling point, because it shouldnt matter at all. It definitely all depends on how the character is shown. Vertigo has done some GREAT stuff with Gay characters, and that is by no means the selling point of the book. Clauracon, the envoy and spy of Queen Titania of the Faerie-Folk (Sandman, Books of Magic, The Dreaming, etc), was gay, It was just another character trait.

I'm just saying that I picked up the first issue of Young Avengers and thought it was Crap, but now with the fact that the first Gay Couple in the history of Mainstream Marvel heroes is happening in the title, and supposedly its writing magically became fantastic.... I wan't to look into it. I am very interested in the evolution of homosexuality in the media and literature and everything, I'm doing one of my College Essays on that, in fact... And because I'm interested in Gay Issues, AND comic books, it makes sense for me to look into it. If i still think its crap, I'll drop it...

:? Does that really make me Shallow, as some of us might be implying?

And by the way, do you guys think that there is, in fact, usually a "guy" and a "girl" in Gay relationships? Or are you saying that in the typical Marvel approach, they would make it that way to appease readers not comfortable with two Men together?

Dr.Strangefate said:
I don't think having Gay Characters is a good selling point, because it shouldnt matter at all.

That's what I was saying, but as Guij said that isn't really the point. It SHOULDN'T matter, but it does to some people. So is it smart to market to those people? Heck yeah, if they want to make money.

Dr.Strangefate said:
:? Does that really make me Shallow, as some of us might be implying?

No. You aren't picking it up for reasons that would indicate you are shallow.

Latest posts

Back