Avengers Hulkling and Asgardian - are they or aren't they?

UltimateE said:
No. You aren't picking it up for reasons that would indicate you are shallow.

What would a Shallow reason be?

I mean.. I'm still a little confused about where exactly you're coming from with this...

TheManWithoutFear said:
*YAWN* I still don't see where Hulkling and Asgardian come off as gay characters... personally I hope they aren't. I've said elsewhere why.

:? Did you read the first post in the Thread?

Dr.Strangefate said:
I didn't say that I had watched it because it was a Gay Sitcom, I've watched it because my Step-Sister enjoys it, and she puts it on sometimes while we're eating dinner.... I didn't say I liked it.
My bad.

And by the way, do you guys think that there is, in fact, usually a "guy" and a "girl" in Gay relationships? Or are you saying that in the typical Marvel approach, they would make it that way to appease readers not comfortable with two Men together?
Hehe, it's a question I've actually heard asked in all seriousness before now. Along with "And how do you decide?" :D
The point I was making was that positive stereotyping is just as bad as negative stereotyping. By placing myself in the ill-informed average John role I was trying to point out that that is what a "right on" comics writer may see themselves battling against with some of their readership.

Dr.Strangefate said:
What would a Shallow reason be?

I mean.. I'm still a little confused about where exactly you're coming from with this...

My take on it is that a characters sexuality that isn't part of major plot developments isn't necessarily a factor to the overall content of the book.
A story based around homosexuality may indeed be enough to draw in gay readers, but a story that only has gay characters as incidental to the plot shouldn't really be an issue any which way. So buying a book for reasons other than the main part of the writing and just for an incidental element seems shallow.

It's like buying an issue of the X-Men because Scott is seen playing on a playstation and you have one as well.

Then they don't need to be straight either. In fact, even their sex is kinda superfluous, maybe they should make them a little more asexual and get the whole issue over and done with.

Look, it makes no odds whether they are straight or gay. Straight characters have crushes on other straight characters in comics and they have relationships, shouldn't be any different this way either.

Also though, are you homophobic MWoF? I recall you being rather anti colossus being gay too.

Just asking.

Guijllons said:
My take on it is that a characters sexuality that isn't part of major plot developments isn't necessarily a factor to the overall content of the book.
A story based around homosexuality may indeed be enough to draw in gay readers, but a story that only has gay characters as incidental to the plot shouldn't really be an issue any which way. So buying a book for reasons other than the main part of the writing and just for an incidental element seems shallow.

It's like buying an issue of the X-Men because Scott is seen playing on a playstation and you have one as well.

Guij said it much better than I could have.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Not at all. You recalled wrong too because I was for Colossus being gay. Then again, like we have said, I'm not for anyone being straight or gay... if it happens than it happens.
You were? My memory must be going.

Latest posts

Back