I think that Ultimates 2 #7....

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
...is going to break this board. Is it confirmed that the traitor is revealed?
 

Guijllons

Well-Known Member
I think so, but I don't fully recall where I read it.
I wonder what the future of Loki and Thor is going to be. If the traitor is revealed, then Thor's in the clear. Right? Or is he under supervision for the Italy riots also, and for the supposed theft of the harness?

And briefly on that note, Tony was very reluctant to get involved with the capture of thor. I wonder if that was a pang of guilt, or as we suspected, just a friendship thing. Or both.
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
UltimateE said:
...is going to break this board. Is it confirmed that the traitor is revealed?

Not exactly. The solicit just says the traitor makes a move. It doesn't say "the traitor is revealed" though it'll be interesting to see how long Millar can string it out for, just teasing us with hints while not showing anything concrete.

And I don't think it'll break the board, exactly, I just think it will lead to a very amusing and long thread, with much crowing by persons proved correct and much cursing by others. Unless, of course, Cap turns out to be the traitor (unlikely) and then there WILL be screaming and gnashing of teeth and wailing. But, fortunately, we don;t have to worry about that.

As for "breaking of boards", I am a mod on an Avengers-related board and I expect to see some real rancour generated there by House of M. Not really looking forward to that.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
UltimateE said:
...is going to break this board. Is it confirmed that the traitor is revealed?
I believe I've read on millarworld, or somewhere that it has been confirmed that the traitor will be revealed in this issue.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Rhyo said:
Unless, of course, Cap turns out to be the traitor (unlikely) and then there WILL be screaming and gnashing of teeth and wailing. But, fortunately, we don;t have to worry about that.
:twisted:
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Millar has said #7 will break the internet.

And then, #8 will do it again.

If the traitor is revealed in #8, then obviously the traitor's "move" breaks the internet, then his reveal does. But if the move and the reveal are in #7, then #8 scares the crap out of me already.

I wannit know.
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
Bass said:
Millar has said #7 will break the internet.

And then, #8 will do it again.

If the traitor is revealed in #8, then obviously the traitor's "move" breaks the internet, then his reveal does. But if the move and the reveal are in #7, then #8 scares the crap out of me already.

I wannit know.
What ARE we going to do for months? It's a good question. The tentative ship date for Ultimates #7 is July 13th and the tentative date for Ultimates #8 is September 14th. That's a whole lotta waiting.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
It is? What the **** is going on? Why is Ultimates 2 bimonthly all of a sudden?
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
Bass said:
It is? What the **** is going on? Why is Ultimates 2 bimonthly all of a sudden?

According to MM, #7, which would have been out June 22, got pushed back by Marvel executive decision to make July "Ultimate Starts" month. So no Ultimates in June.

Why there is no issue of Ultimates in August is a lot less clear. MM is doing Ultimates Annual, Ultimate FF annual and Ultimate FF that month, which puts a lot on his plate, but when someone asked him about it, he had a not-very-clear answer that made it sound like HE didn't know why, either. I'm pretty sure that Hitch is still ahead of the schedule at this point (at least that was implied.)
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Rhyo said:
According to MM, #7, which would have been out June 22, got pushed back by Marvel executive decision to make July "Ultimate Starts" month. So no Ultimates in June.

Why there is no issue of Ultimates in August is a lot less clear. MM is doing Ultimates Annual, Ultimate FF annual and Ultimate FF that month, which puts a lot on his plate, but when someone asked him about it, he had a not-very-clear answer that made it sound like HE didn't know why, either. I'm pretty sure that Hitch is still ahead of the schedule at this point (at least that was implied.)
And don't forget that he has to ink the issues himself now, so he has to take a bit more time with the issues.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
icemastertron said:
And don't forget that he has to ink the issues himself now, so he has to take a bit more time with the issues.

I'm fairly certain that he was only inking #6.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
UltimateE said:
I'm fairly certain that he was only inking #6.
Yeah, but I think I read that he was doing some more issues, if I remember correctly from MW.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Rhyo said:
According to MM, #7, which would have been out June 22, got pushed back by Marvel executive decision to make July "Ultimate Starts" month. So no Ultimates in June.

Why there is no issue of Ultimates in August is a lot less clear. MM is doing Ultimates Annual, Ultimate FF annual and Ultimate FF that month, which puts a lot on his plate, but when someone asked him about it, he had a not-very-clear answer that made it sound like HE didn't know why, either. I'm pretty sure that Hitch is still ahead of the schedule at this point (at least that was implied.)

Ok. But so long as #9 is October, #10 November, and monthly till the end, ok. So long as I get an Ultimates dose each month - that's fine. Even if August is the Annual, I'm okay with that. It's still The Ultimates.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
roguefan said:
Ultimates 2 is scheldued to end in februrary according to millar.
And *IF* it stays monthly, then it'll be like this:


Sep. - #8

Oct. - #9

Nov. - #10

Dec. - #11

Jan. - #12

Feb. - #13
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Rhyo said:
According to MM, #7, which would have been out June 22, got pushed back by Marvel executive decision to make July "Ultimate Starts" month. So no Ultimates in June.

Why there is no issue of Ultimates in August is a lot less clear. MM is doing Ultimates Annual, Ultimate FF annual and Ultimate FF that month, which puts a lot on his plate, but when someone asked him about it, he had a not-very-clear answer that made it sound like HE didn't know why, either. I'm pretty sure that Hitch is still ahead of the schedule at this point (at least that was implied.)

All good points, but I thought that he had already finished up until #9...
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Goodwill said:
All good points, but I thought that he had already finished up until #9...
Well, I don't know what the specifics of the shipping schedule are, but I guess they just wanted an issue to land exactly on a blank week instead. So assuming that Ultimates 2 # 7 was supposed to come out late June, my guess is they've probably moved it to early July just so it can stay within Starts Month.

They could've easily just asked to move # 8's release two or three weeks earlier, but I think Hitlar don't want to lose any of the extra time they've managed to earn.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Well, #8 isn't the "start" of GTA. So it would defeat the purpose of having an issue fall directly on the Ultimate Starts thing.
 

Latest posts

Top