If you were stuck on a desert island .......

MOVIE
Kill Bill, obviously.
BOOK
Ulysses. It's taken me a year to get through 100 pages. Maybe being stranded would give me a chance to finish the ****ing thing.
COMIC/TPB
Absolute Watchmen, for all the same reasons that everyone else picked it.
VIDEO GAME
Guitar Hero III. I'm starting to think that there's no way you can get sick of it.
TV SHOW SEASON
Tough one. I could bring LOST Season 1 and dream about all the exciting adventures I could be having while I'm trying to punch open a coconut. Or any season of Arrested Development for endless laughs. Or a season of South Park.
UC MEMBER
Mole. That way I wouldn't have to fatten anyone up before I decide to eat them. (BURN!)
CELEBRITY MALE AND FEMALE
Matthew Fox and Evangeline Lilly, so I can act out some sort of hot LOST-style love triangle. You're not going to take Jack away from me, Kate!
FOOD
What would be the point of bringing a single meal if I'm going to be stuck on a deserted island for years??

Can I bring like, a whole crate of food?

Last edited:
There is one crutch to this thread that is preventing me from posting my choices

In order to bring a Movie TV Show or Videogame, you'd need a TV and a powersource

Movie: Assuming I can't bring the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, I'd pick(predictably) Wet Hot American Summer. I never get tired of it, constantly notice new things going on and stuff with the actors' faces, and most of all, I love watching it and escaping to that world with those characters. Also, it's packed with really great songs, so that's a big bonus here.

Book: This is difficult because my all-time favourite novel is Elliot S! Maggin's novelization of Kingdom Come, and I wouldn't want use both reading material options to have two versions of the same story here. I might bring a really nice kids picture book or something, like Each Peach Pear Plum. Actually, you know what? I'd like to bring The Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh by A. A. Milne.

Comic/Tpb: The Absolute Kingdom Come. SO MUCH going on in every panel, and it's just generally my favourite GN and one of the best stories ever. Also, I only have it in the original issue form, so I'm sure there's lots of new great stuff to see.

Video Game: This is difficult. Doom's nearing the right track with GTA, but I wouldn't want to bring something in which you don't control the good guy. I also love the Spider-Man 2 game, and there's plenty to do with that, but it's still not something I can get into quite deep enough. Halo 2, although long and beautiful, is too straightforward an experience for something like this. So, I'm going with Mass Effect. HUGE world, great gameplay, characters, relationships and interactivity that makes it feel very real, terrific, beautiful views I could star at for hours, and most importantly here, there are so many radically different paths you can take and things you can say through the story, you could play it fifty times and still be doing something new.

TV show season: Wow, just one season? Perhaps the first season of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman, or the second season of the American version of The Office. An entire season of Mister Rogers' Neighbourhood would also be very nice. I hesitate to say Sesame Street only because they play various segments multiple times in multiple episodes, so probably not ideal for something like this. Basically, something innocent and good(not to mention variety-filled) like that is what I'd want in a long-term, isolated situation. But yeah, The Office Season 2 or Mister Rogers.

UC Member: Gothamite. He's genuinely one of the best friends I've ever had.

Celebrity male: John Krazinski seems like he'd be a great guy to hang around with, as does Michael Cera who reminds me(and others, apparently) of me.

Celebrity female: After watching those Academy Awards Evening Interviews, Ellen Page certainly does seem like she'd be a nice person to be around for a very long time, and she's about my age, so I think I will go with her too.

Food: Pizzaaaa.

Last edited:
Movie
Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde and Blade Runner, which are the greatest things Sean Young has ever done.

Book
Speaking practically, the Cyberpunk's Guide to the Holocaust. In terms of fiction, Haruki Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and David Sedaris' Naked.

Comic
Any futanari lolicon doujinshi with an emphasis on meganekko.

Video Game
Sid Meier's Civilization II, a game by Brian Reynolds.

TV Show
Star Trek, for all its flaws and strengths.

UC Member
Hibiki. She just seems that awesomely entertaining, and I imagine I'd never get bored.

Celebrity Male
The young James McAvoy from 2003.

Celebrity Female
Pregnant Ellen Page.

Food
Yogurt, frozen or otherwise.

UC MEMBER
Mole. That way I wouldn't have to fatten anyone up before I decide to eat them. (BURN!)

:lol::lol: First Venom Melendez now you. Will people stop wanting to eat me!

FOOD
What would be the point of bringing a single meal if I'm going to be stuck on a deserted island for years??

Well if you said say Pizza, You have unlimited pizzas. Same with other foods

Last edited:
UC member: Bass, because he's the shiznit. Or, if Bass, Ourchair, and E somehow reproduced, and transferred each of their consciousnesses into that one child, I would take him along.

FAIL

Food: Pizza.

God, I hate pizza. It's so disgusting....

UC Member
Houde - As if you needed any clarification.

PASS

UC Member- McCheese, he'd keep me laughing. I would say Joe Kalicki but I hear he smells like bus.

FAIL!

And Joe Kalicki does smell like a bus...Or Joilet...

Food- STEAK! The best meat ever.

I'm sneaking on this island.

UC Member
ProjectX2

FAIL

Food
Enchiladas

PASS

- UC Member - Iceshadow. He is Texas-McCheese. While there is no one I love more than me, alternate versions of me come in a close second. Besides I hear that Joe smells like bus and I couldn't bring Houde or Doom because all day they'd just ***** about being separated from their chocolate/vanilla bear.

FAIL

And I wouldn't complain, I would just put you in blackface.

- Food - Ribs is good.

Cannibal

- Tv show season (so not the entire show but like *insert show* season *insert number*
Dragon ball z......sue me.
- UC Member
Mole he'll be great source of foo....i mean friendship.

TRIPLE FAIL.

I know there is only two things there, but still, TRIPLE FAIL
Movie - The Big Lebowski - I just never get tried of it.
Book - Watership Down.

PASS

UC Member - Strangefate.

GAY.

UC Member - Ooh, tough one. Probably Compound or Houde for conversation, or Doom to play a constant Most Dangerous Game with.

PASS

Celebrity Male - Kevin Bacon, so we could dance all day and night.

[youtube]bMB8vv18ehE&NR[/youtube]

Food - Tequila. Tequila's a food, right. . .?

Not unless the worm is in there

[
UC Member
Considering I have never met any UC members, and I'm sure most of them are vastly different in real life, I'm not sure who I'd take. Probably someone I could kill and eat if I had to.

TRIPLE PASS

VIDEO GAME
Guitar Hero III. I'm starting to think that there's no way you can get sick of it.

I still can't play this game, FAIL

TV SHOW SEASON
Tough one. I could bring LOST Season 1 and dream about all the exciting adventures I could be having while I'm trying to punch open a coconut. Or any season of Arrested Development for endless laughs. Or a season of South Park.

I still wish the monster was a Silverback Ape in Machine armor....

PASS

UC MEMBER

PASS

FOOD

Stop changing the rules, FAIL
UC Member: Gothamite. He's genuinely one of the best friends I've ever had.

Eh, PASS

UC Member
Hibiki. She just seems that awesomely entertaining, and I imagine I'd never get bored.

Well........That works I guess.

PASS

Food
Yogurt, frozen or otherwise.

Your stomach too sensitive to have real food?

FAIL

Last edited:
Movie - Legend

Book - Ultimate Hitchhiker's guide

Comic/Tpb - Appleseed (vols 1-4)

Video Game - Super Mario Galaxy

Tv show season - The Muppet Show season 1

UC Member - Eh, this'll come off a lil *****y, but no one. Just because I was enough of a retard to get stranded on an island doesn't mean others should suffer.

Celebrity male - Neil Patrick Harris (i don't need competition for the only other woman on the island.)

Celebrity female. - hmmm, either Dita van Teese, Kate Beckensale or Christina Ricci

Food - hmmm pasta

Last edited:
UC Member - Eh, this'll come off a lil *****y, but no one. Just because I was enough of a retard to get stranded on an island doesn't mean other's should suffer.

:lol::lol: I like that reasoning

Movie
Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde and Blade Runner, which are the greatest things Sean Young has ever done.
:lol:
God, I hate pizza. It's so disgusting....
EPIC FAIL.
I always love how all the kids can suddenly dance, despite the fact that they've never been allowed to before. They're ****ing breakdancing and poplocking!
Not unless the worm is in there
That's what she said.
I still can't play this game, FAIL
ALSO FAIL.
Celebrity female. - hmmm, either Dita van Teese, Kate Beckensale or Christina Ricci
Now this is a good choice.

Last edited:
Movie
The Shawshank Redemption. Hope springs eternal.

Saw that for the first time last week. Wasn't a fan.

(It was alright, I guess...)

God, our production was so much better.

-Movie

The Incredibles - My favorite movie.

-Book

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - I've only read it once, and that was a speed read.

Either that or The Ruins. It's next on my reading list. That would be the one I'd pick for books I haven't read.

- Comic

Whatever, I may be bending the rules but the complete Y: The Last Man

- Videogame

LOST: Via Domus - What else would the resident LOST geek who has no interest in videogames bring?

- TV Season

Arrested Development Season 2 - I've gone on record to say that this is the best season of any show ever.

- UC Member

Planet-man - Sorry, moony. :(

- Celebrity Male

Dalton Ross - he wouldn't consider himself famous, but he is, so...

- Celebrity Female

Jenna Fischer - Love her.

- Food

Pizza

Someone likes brunettes

Food - hmmm pasta

TRIPLE PASS

:

EPIC FAIL.

KILLER COMBO FAIL

:I always love how all the kids can suddenly dance, despite the fact that they've never been allowed to before. They're ****ing breakdancing and poplocking!

There dancing? I thought they were gyrating in a sexual manner,

:ALSO FAIL.

ALSO **** YOU FAIL

God, our production was so much better.

You guys did Footloose? I thought you were doing something else...

Movie

The Incredibles - My favorite movie.

MOLE FIAL :lol:8)8):lol::shock::x

- UC Member

Planet-man - Sorry, moony. :(

I'M DOING THIS AS HARD AS I CAN FAIL

If you were stuck on a desert island for the rest of your life Which of the following would you bring and why?

-Movie: None. The books most movies are based on are almost always better, anyway. Instead of the movie, I would substitute an extra book. James A. White's Beginning Operations, which is a collection of a bunch of his Sector General short stories and novellas.

-Book: The Demon and the City, by Liz Williams. I just finished her previous novel Snake Agent, and really liked it.

- Comic/Tpb (must name which one): Marvel's Mystic Arcana

- video Game: None. I don't play any. Instead of a video game, I would substitute another book: Small Favor, the new novel from Jim Butcher due out in April.

- Tv show season: None. In place of a TV show, I would substitute a couple of notebooks, a sketchpad, and several writing utensils, so I could get to work on some of the fiction I've been meaning to write.

- UC Member: Ultimate Squirrel. Yes, you read that right. He would be tied to the tippy-top of a very tall tree with an unlaundered sock stuffed in his mouth. This way I wouldn't have to see or hear him, but I could still be assured that he had stopped his ceaseless attempts to re-register and his harassment of other UC members while I was gone. *

-Celebrity male: None. A lot of the male celebrities I used to like are deceased, and the ones who are still around probably have better things to do with their time. Plus, I don't know any of them personally and have no idea if they'd be good company or not. I'd rather substitute the equivalent weight in books. I can provide titles if necessary.

- Celebrity female: None. Similar problem as "male celebrity" above. I'd rather substitute a working CD player and a bunch of good musical CDs.

- food: stew -- with dumplings. It's one of the few foods I can think of that contains all of the major food groups and would therefore sustain a person more or less indefinitely.

Wow, this has all the makings of the ideal vacation. :D Good idea, Mole!

*Actually, there are a number of UC members I wouldn't mind having as a companion on a deserted island, since I think they would be good company and provide intelligent conversation. However, I'm not sure they would want to be stuck on an island with me, and there's something of a gender issue in many cases, so I decided to go the humorous route with the question instead.

UC Member: Ultimate Squirrel. Yes, you read that right. He would be tied to the tippy-top of a very tall tree with an unlaundered sock stuffed in his mouth. This way I wouldn't have to see or hear him, but I could still be assured that he had stopped his ceaseless attempts to re-register and his harassment of other UC members while I was gone. *

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back