IGN Exclusive look at Ultmates Vol. 3.

That headline is very misleading. It should more accurately be

JEPH LOEB TO PISS ON THE ULTIMATES AFTER RAPING ITS CORPSE

I can see that.

But to me, it seems a more accurate and literal description would be:

MARVEL REVEALS ULTIMATES 3 IS A 6-ISSUE MURDER MYSTERY CROSSOVER TIE-IN TO LARGER ULTIMATE MARVEL CROSSOVER.

:?

I can see that.

But to me, it seems a more accurate and literal description would be:

MARVEL REVEALS ULTIMATES 3 IS A 6-ISSUE MURDER MYSTERY CROSSOVER TIE-IN TO LARGER ULTIMATE MARVEL CROSSOVER.

:?
We should have a poll on which to use for re-naming the title of this thread

I remeber when the Ultimate were a serious team in the Ultimate universe, like whenever they would appear in another book it wasnt allowed to be a straight guest spot the whole book had to become a mini series, Ultimate Six and Ultimate War thats how it imporant they were....now they just lead into an Ultimates crossover, like they need the publicity!

They could make something cool out of "who murdered", but why make it a crossover thing ? :/ keep it at the ultimates!

I love murder mysteries, but I don't think that genre is particularly good considering that it's a comic about the Ultimates (keeping in mind just what kind of scale that is) and that Ultimates 2 was pretty much plagued with a 'whodunnit' in "who was the traitor" aspect which turned out to be quite a let down.

Here's a the first look at issue one.

Scan10006.jpg

Scan10007.jpg
Scan10008.jpg

388.jpg

I like the art too.

But why Venom? He looks way too bulky for my tastes. The other characters though look rather nice.

And then there's Loeb.

Sigh.

At least it'll look pretty...

The art...terrible.

It's not just bad. It's not JRJR bad. It's absolutely ridiculous looking.

I am very seriously considering not bothering with this.

Latest posts

Back