IGN Exclusive look at Ultmates Vol. 3.

I don't know if anyone saw this, but there was an interview with Jeph Leob about Ultimates 3.…
And guess what the first question was…

'I think the first reaction many will have when they see this new Ultimates roster is that Wolverine and Spider-Man are there. What was the decision process to bring those two aboard?'

Here's the link :
http://comics.ign.com/articles/808/808914p1.html

I'm just going to wait until the issue comes and then take it from there. Because i honestly don't know what to think of Ultimates 3.

IGN Comics: Something just occurred to me so I'd like to jump back to Spider-Man. Over in Ultimate Spider-Man, Nicky Fury made it very clear to Peter Parker that once Parker turned 18, he belonged to the government. Now we have Spidey on this team, but he's definitely not 18. Is Peter's involvement in this series of his own free will or did Fury somehow change his position?

Loeb: I think people should pick up Ultimate Power because if you read one through six you'll see that Fury has stepped in some serious doo doo. And what I'm trying to construct issues #7 through 9 to be are the last chapters of this story but still reader friendly enough so that if, for some ungodly reason, if you didn't read one through six, that you can still pick it up. I can guarantee you that there are consequences for Nick's actions that will play heavily into the Ultimate Universe. Again one of the things I've been trying to do is… the readers and retailers have been asking us that if we're doing something big, and there's going to be bread crumbs that will help get readers interested ahead of time, just tell them. Tell them New Avengers #31 will be important. So we're saying start with the last part of Ultimate Power. Go to Ultimate Origin. Pick up Ultimates 3. All of that will be important to what will happen in Ultimatum (see related interview regarding this series!).

So Nick Fury's demoted and maybe fired.

How nice.

I'm really close to just reading Vertigo titles.

That's some really nice art but WTF? Loeb's interview and the setup of the team just exudes "trainwreck"... a big trainwreck of DO NOT WANT. Why did Mad do away with Cap's helmet and all the other character's costume designs that actually made SENSE. Now it's spandex city. I understand he's not Bryan Hitch but come on already.

I STILL like what I hear...

Does that make me a skrull?

Nah. I personally say it looks like total ****, but if you're able to be entertained by it, more power to ya.

Pretty much how I feel about Mighty Avengers, even though that really is the worst comic ever printed.

Millar and Hitch will return to The Ultimates in 2013. They have a story planned, but they need a couple of years away for it to work. I think they're just giving people enough time to forget Loeb's stuff (if an issue is even out by 2013).

So I guess that's something to look forward to.

I like the way Loeb says how you can jump on ultimate power for the last 3 issues, and that the series was constructed in such a way that NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE FIRST 6 ISSUES! 'cept for Doom.

Well at least ultimate nick fury is gonna be in the Iron Man film. The original ultimate nick fury

I like the way Loeb says how you can jump on ultimate power for the last 3 issues, and that the series was constructed in such a way that NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE FIRST 6 ISSUES! 'cept for Doom.

Well at least ultimate nick fury is gonna be in the Iron Man film. The original ultimate nick fury

That doesn't say much to me. Bendis/Loeb are crazy about doing their thing and Ellis, god-bless him, seems to be using just his trilogy and Ultimates 1 and 2 as continuity for his mini. In an interview he gave they asked if he would use Hulk/Wolverine as a canon and he said he hadn't read and doesn't plan to.

So I wonder if anyone's told him if Nick disappears or not (which would be so ****ing stupid. He's one of the better Ultimate characters.)

i'll give this a chance. i would not have guessed that this was the ultimates based on that artwork though. hawkeye looks odd, but i didnt care for the sleeveless leotard either.

y'know, I like it, even though I'm not that huge of a fan of Mad. Seriously tho, there isn't really anymore spandex than U2, tho I still prefer Wanda's U1 & U2 costume.

She's looking WAY too 616, and that scares me.

Doesn't seem to work. What was it?

It wasn't working for me earlier, but it's working for me now:

ULTIMATES' TEAM MEMBER TO DIE IN ULTIMATES 3 #1?
According to Diamond Comics Distributors' Splash Page for December-shipping titles, Marvel's Ultimates may be returning that month in Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira's Ultimates 3, but it may also be the end of the road for one member of the team.

Reads Diamond's story on the December debut, "The aftermath of Ultimates 2 left the super-team without a home, without the protection of S.H.I.E.L.D. But their chances of survival on their own — without government backing — are dim. And then one of their members turns up murdered in the basement of Tony Stark's mansion! Who is the victim? Captain America? Iron Man? Wasp? Thor? The Hulk? With multiple suspects, and Venom on the loose, these will be the Ultimates darkest days. And who is plotting in the background, preparing to deliver "The Ultimatum"?"

Oh course, "Ultimatum" is the title of Loeb and David Finch's somewhat mysterious May 2008 Ultimate Universe six-part crossover storyline that according to Diamond, "…will rock the Ultimate Universe to its very core" and Loeb promises will "…change the Ultimate Universe forever. Really. Forever."

Look for more information on Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum when its available…

Sounds really stupid and I count two missing apostrophes. And they call themselves a news site.

Newsarama have the most poorly written articles ever. I don't think they've ever had one that has been absolutely correct.

Latest posts

Back