I'm Done With Darkseid

Bass

Nexus of the World
I've been kind to Darkseid, despite my many disappointments.

I always liked Darkseid. I've always thought he was cool. He looked cool, and he was bad ***. There's something about a unchallengable dictator who can kill you just be looking at you. I don't know why, but his Omega Beam is truly terrifying. I loved him turning Earth into the firepits of Apokalips. I like the way Apokalips is spelt. His son, Orion, and his dog Sturmer, are cool. Even the fruit of his loins and its pet dog is cool. I like the anti-life equation.

I like him so much, that I've forgiven much. I've forgiven that his name is pronounced "Dark-side" instead of "Dark-seed" as I always thought it was. I've forgiven him for, although being a badass, I've not seen him kill a hero save an alternate future Batman.

But I'm done with Darkseid.

Oh yes.

He has stepped beyond the line where I can no longer like him.

Because I have just discovered his first appearance was in... a Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen comic.

Jimmy ****ing Olsen.

Darkseid, the Devil of the DC universe, the baddest of the bad, the most evil, the most terrible, the most powerful villain ever... and his first appearance was him versus JIMMY OLSEN.

JIMMY OLSEN?!

JIMMY OLSEN?!

JIMMY OLSEN?!?!?!?!!?!?

Jimmy Olson: He's one bad mother****er.

I've always thought it was pronounced "Dark side".

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Everyone I know thought it was pronounced "Darkseed". Hell, I still call him "Darkseed".

That is so lame. I would laugh in his face. I love Darkseid. His cartoon appearances were awesome.

I only have a Superman/Batman arc with him in it.

I'm waiting for his presence known in Infinite Crisis.

I always wanted to see Darkseid vs Apocalypse.

selfproclaimed said:
except that darkseid would freaking rape and destroy apoc because since apoc's return he's a little *****
Agreed, and Darksied's appearance in Superman TAS he was sooo bad ***, in the comic there may be moment to contradict that but in the cartoon there is no question.

Darkseid raped Krypton and the residue formed Superman.

FACT.

I've never been a Darkseid fan...then again I've never even been close to a DC regular either. I also always assumed it was pronounced "Dark Seed" because of how it's spelled? Darkside eh? Doesn't look right.

Bass said:
I've been kind to Darkseid, despite my many disappointments.

I always liked Darkseid. I've always thought he was cool. He looked cool, and he was bad ***. There's something about a unchallengable dictator who can kill you just be looking at you. I don't know why, but his Omega Beam is truly terrifying. I loved him turning Earth into the firepits of Apokalips. I like the way Apokalips is spelt. His son, Orion, and his dog Sturmer, are cool. Even the fruit of his loins and its pet dog is cool. I like the anti-life equation.

I like him so much, that I've forgiven much. I've forgiven that his name is pronounced "Dark-side" instead of "Dark-seed" as I always thought it was. I've forgiven him for, although being a badass, I've not seen him kill a hero save an alternate future Batman.

But I'm done with Darkseid.

Oh yes.

He has stepped beyond the line where I can no longer like him.

Because I have just discovered his first appearance was in... a Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen comic.

Jimmy ****ing Olsen.

Darkseid, the Devil of the DC universe, the baddest of the bad, the most evil, the most terrible, the most powerful villain ever... and his first appearance was him versus JIMMY OLSEN.

JIMMY OLSEN?!

JIMMY OLSEN?!

JIMMY OLSEN?!?!?!?!!?!?
Hey, Superman made sure that Jimmy was one tough sonuva*****:

1027_4_127.jpg

1027_4_115.jpg

1027_4_025.jpg

1027_4_030.jpg

1027_4_098.jpg

Why do they have Smallville when they could make THAT into a sitcom? Those are hilarious. I'd seriously watch Jimmy Olson taunted by Superman every week (and it'd be nice to see Superman take up the role of jerk that he always should have had!)

Last edited:
And apparently that training payed off:
1027_4_103.jpg

thee great one said:
Is that idea bulletproof?
That's what the guy at the store told me. I'll wear it on my trip to the ghetto tomorrow to test it out.

I still think Darkseid is badass.

and Superman is still a dick.

I'm pretty sure this thread keeps changing to "I'm Down With Darkseid" but it's my eyes playing tricks on me.

Latest posts

Back