INFINITE CRISIS (series discussion) **Spoilers**

Doc Comic said:
Allow me to expand upon this.

Superman of Earth-2 is generally the Action Comics #1 Superman, where he can literally only run as fast as a speeding bullet and is only as powerful as a locomotive. He also only leap an eighth of a mile instead of flying. Of course, this has fluctuated over the years, with them saying he can fly and all of that, but that's what Earth-2 Supes should be.

Lois Lane of Earth-2, yeah, you know.

In Alex Luthor's Earth, Lex Luthor was the only hero and the JLA were villains (Pre-Crisis CSA came from Earth-3). When the Crisis was coming, Lex built a ship for his infant son Alex and sent him to Earth-1, because he knew the heroes there could take care of them. It's believed that he has godly powers.

Earth-Prime Superboy is from the "real world". Earth-Prime is our Earth, in that the adventures of the other Earths are comic books and there are no superheroes. He was just a boy who happened to be named Clark Kent and he loved Superman comics, and on his sixteenth birthday, he discovered that there actually was a Krypton on his Earth and he became Superboy, one of the only two heroes on his Earth.

I'm really hoping Earth-Prime Superboy sticks around. I really like him and Pre-Crisis Superboy. Get this clone piece of trash outta' here.

I thought pre-crisis superman was supposed to be ungodly powerful. like... absurdly powerful. and i like conner.

iceman said:
I thought pre-crisis superman was supposed to be ungodly powerful. like... absurdly powerful. and i like conner.
Yeah, but Earth-2 Superman isn't Pre-Crisis Superman. Pre-Crisis Superman, the one you know, was from what was considered Earth-1, the main Earth.

I can tell you like Connor, Strangefate. I don't like him because I feel that he was a rushed character who doesn't live up to the name of Superboy. Plus it's like he gets everything handed to him - his name, his legacy, everything. He didn't have to work for anything. That's the same reason I don't like the new Supergirl, though I like Connor more than I like her. Every other thing out of Kara's mouth is "my cousin." She uses that all the time.

Doc Comic said:
I can tell you like Connor, Strangefate. I don't like him because I feel that he was a rushed character who doesn't live up to the name of Superboy. Plus it's like he gets everything handed to him - his name, his legacy, everything. He didn't have to work for anything. That's the same reason I don't like the new Supergirl, though I like Connor more than I like her. Every other thing out of Kara's mouth is "my cousin." She uses that all the time.

For a character who has been around for over a decade, i'm not sure how rushed Connor is as a character anymore... he was meant to be brash, but he's matured as a character and a hero... But I see your point.

Kara though, I've been getting the feeling she's more of a fan of Wonder Woman. I'm hoping they develop her further...

Hehe...

I gaurentee that the histories of both the Green Lantern Characters and the Flash characters are a thousand times more confusing than that stuff...

X-Men is the worst...

But it's all fun.

The Mythology is what makes these comics good.

Man i can't wait to Issue 2...i can't wait untill "52" DC put a lot of effort in the Crisis, I so need all of the issues :shock:

Dr.Strangefate said:
I gaurentee that the histories of both the Green Lantern Characters and the Flash characters are a thousand times more confusing than that stuff...
You're forgetting Hawkman.

Doc Comic said:
You're forgetting Hawkman.

You're damn straight I'm forgetting Hawkman...

I already said I've got The Flash, Green Lantern, AND the X-Men!

I'll have none of your halls and hals and hos and all that nonsense.... I'd simply stop existing from my own confusion if I had to remember all of that Space-Egyptian hooie balooie.

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:
You're damn straight I'm forgetting Hawkman...

I'll have none of your halls and hals and hos and all that nonsense.... I'd simply stop existing from my own confusion if I had to remember all of that Space-Egyptian hooie balooie.
You know Johns went a long way to simplify it all back in The Return of Hawkman JSA arc. And Palmotti-Grey have been doing great stuff in the monthyl right now. One of my favorite superhero reads each month.

Baxter said:
You know Johns went a long way to simplify it all back in The Return of Hawkman JSA arc. And Palmotti-Grey have been doing great stuff in the monthyl right now. One of my favorite superhero reads each month.

I just kinda avoid the whole Hawkman situation......involves a lotta reincarnation right?

Dr.Strangefate said:
Anyone confused about ANYTHING to do with the Multiverse...

go here: Newsarama: Who was that caped man?
You are awesome, DSF.

So, at the end of CoIE the multiverse was merged together and Alexander Luthor put himself and Golden Age (Earth 2) Superman and Lois and Earth Prime Superboy in some sort of paradise limbo? And now they've escaped in order to help out the DCU? And this could possibly unravel reality itself?

Interesting.

The issue was unbelievable though. Honestly one of the most epic comics I've ever read. I was shocked at the amount of characters and situations they were able to cram into one issue. You really get the feeling that this is "It", that everything's coming to a head. This lived up to the hype.

One question: I haven't been following her return, so what the hell is up with Donna Troy? Where exactly was she headed off to?

moonmaster said:
One question: I haven't been following her return, so what the hell is up with Donna Troy? Where exactly was she headed off to?

We don't know yet.

But when she opened her mind beyond the influence of the New Gods, she became aware that she was a compilation of many Donna Troys, including an evil version of herself that had served as the Harbinger to the Anti-Monitor (the big Baddie of crisis).

She now has a little sphere that can tell her everything she needs to know about the previous multiverse, and the current universe. Her Mini ends with her coming to the realization that something horrible was about to happen.

I'm going to assume she's off to deal with that. But it'll be further explained in JLA #221

Dr.Strangefate said:
We don't know yet.

But when she opened her mind beyond the influence of the New Gods, she became aware that she was a compilation of many Donna Troys, including an evil version of herself that had served as the Harbinger to the Anti-Monitor (the big Baddie of crisis).

She now has a little sphere that can tell her everything she needs to know about the previous multiverse, and the current universe. Her Mini ends with her coming to the realization that something horrible was about to happen.

I'm going to assume she's off to deal with that. But it'll be further explained in JLA #221
Thanks!

*looks at watch*

*shakes leg nervously*

*looks at watch again*

So is Issue #2 here yet?!

moonmaster said:
So is Issue #2 here yet?!

My friend asked me that, and I was like, "I know! Can you believe we have to wait an entire week?!"

then I paused a second, and said, "damn."

Dr.Strangefate said:
My friend asked me that, and I was like, "I know! Can you believe we have to wait an entire week?!"

then I paused a second, and said, "damn."
An entire week? I'm pretty sure it's monthly... And its not on this weeks shipping lists....

I like how DC tried to fake us out by saying that Infinite Crisis would only be related to the previous Crisis by name and that it would simply be the "darkest day in the DCU." Nice fakeout, DiDio.

Latest posts

Back