INFINITE CRISIS (series discussion) **Spoilers**

Why is Captain Marvel in white?

ProjectX2 said:
Why is Captain Marvel in white?
He's taking SHAZAM throne so i think he dress up like him now... It's cool though
and one more thing...
Shouldn't the first hero be Batman 2? Since there is another Batman, a dead one in JSA 85? I wonder who he is...

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Shouldn't the first hero be Batman 2? Since there is another Batman, a dead one in JSA 85? I wonder who he is...
I don't know if this relates but....

There's also another Batman in July's issue of Batman shown in the preview Wizard has.

Well, as I feared alot of it felt rushed, but cool ending non the less.

I loved the Joker page. I love the final splash, and its got me really looking forward to the Trials of Shazam mini coming out.

Oh. And Mogo. Gotta love Mogo.

Overall I think the series was a little too compact, a little more room for a few scenes would have been nice. Maybe 1 more issue with the fight against the villians in metropolis taking up the last half of it and the fight against superboy-prime and the wrap up being #8. Gives an extra half issue to work with between the rest of the series. Spread what, 15 more pages through it and I think that'd be enough.

This certainly wasn't the best crossover DC has ever done, but it was far from the worst. Certainly a valient effort.

And Houde. If you want to rain all over our parade in here I'll be more than happy to attack to Civil War in the same manner. We can all assult things just as easily, probably moreso due to the nature of the medium we're discussing. If you disliked it so veminatly then why read issue 7? Why not drop it before now? Just to ***** and moan on a message board about how bad it was? You're better than that, and that people who did enjoy it don't need to deal with it. Drop it man.

Baxter said:
Well, as I feared alot of it felt rushed, but cool ending non the less.

I loved the Joker page. I love the final splash, and its got me really looking forward to the Trials of Shazam mini coming out.

Oh. And Mogo. Gotta love Mogo.

Overall I think the series was a little too compact, a little more room for a few scenes would have been nice. Maybe 1 more issue with the fight against the villians in metropolis taking up the last half of it and the fight against superboy-prime and the wrap up being #8. Gives an extra half issue to work with between the rest of the series. Spread what, 15 more pages through it and I think that'd be enough.

This certainly wasn't the best crossover DC has ever done, but it was far from the worst. Certainly a valient effort.

And Houde. If you want to rain all over our parade in here I'll be more than happy to attack to Civil War in the same manner. We can all assult things just as easily, probably moreso due to the nature of the medium we're discussing. If you disliked it so veminatly then why read issue 7? Why not drop it before now? Just to ***** and moan on a message board about how bad it was? You're better than that, and that people who did enjoy it don't need to deal with it. Drop it man.

Even though I agree with Houde just coming in here to complain, I don't think it would do much if you went and complained about Civil War, because Houde's probably complaining about that as well.

And his excuse for picking it up is because he sends it to his friend. Yeah, sure.

Hehehe....

Crisis Recovery said:
Q: Superboy-Prime's plan?

A: To fly through the center of Oa at light speed, releasing the energy contained therein, and starting a chain reaction of a new Big Bang, which will create a new universe, of which, he'll be the only hero around. If he's hungry after he does that, we'll call him Galactus.

Crisis Recovery said:
Q: Superboy-Prime's plan?

A: To fly through the center of Oa at light speed, releasing the energy contained therein, and starting a chain reaction of a new Big Bang, which will create a new universe, of which, he'll be the only hero around. If he's hungry after he does that, we'll call him Galactus.

Haha.....good one.

I just read the first issue. Looks good.

I've read the first five issues. This is pretty cool. I think I might need to read the tie-in minis to understand more of it.

The #6 issue I got is corrupted... :(

I finished it. It's big, almost too big. I don't know if I like it.

It's good though.

I'm just reading it. Turns out the #6 I downloaded is an April Fool's gag - there's no pages in it. So I gotta get #6 before I finish #7.

I have to say - it's a bit poo.

I did judge it unfairly - #1 is absolute tripe. It's unbelievably bad. So's #4. #2, 3, and 5 are quite interesting, but are poorly handled.

The stories don't have any meaning behind them unless you know a lot about DC. I understand them, but I really didn't care about the Flash thing. The Flash appears once in #2 or something, then out of the blue, all the Flashes appear in #4 and dispose of Superman. I'm assuming one of them was Barry Allen or something. The same is said for the Earth 2 guys.

And man, Superboy Prime is a **** villain. Whine, whine, kill. Wow. He's an annoying dick.

The whole thing feels kinda rushed. Out of nowhere, all this trouble is occurring for no reason, then it's explained it's happening because this Earth is "bad". I mean... eh.

I'm just reading it out of curiousity. It's not very interesting or exciting. I just don't care about the characters, save Booster Gold and Animal Man, who's in it for a page. Nightwing and Batman are pretty cool. Power Girl's okay. Earth 2 Superman is far more interesting than our real Superman, until he just goes crazy because Earth 2 people go crazy, and it's all someone else's fault.

Yeah, I'm not enjoying it really. It just reads like the Earth X trilogy badly crammed into 7 issues (well, 5 to me so far).

I honestly, honestly think Infinite Crisis, instead of being a 7-issue series, should've been a huge, epic trilogy, the DC equivalent of the Earth X trilogy.

First Crisis on Infinite Worlds is part 1. Therefore, we'd have two new ones. Infinite Countdown which details all the countdown tales whilst building up Infinite Crisis, over 14 issues and perhaps a one-shot or two. Then, Infinite Crisis, another 14 issues with a few one-shots (Power Girl, Earth 2, The Flashes) and so forth.

I'm not joking when I say this story had the potential to be something phenomenal. Luthor's multiverse machine was quite clever, but it's not particularly well-thought out or executed, just explained away in a page.

I think with more time and issues devoted to the story and its setting, the creative team could've effectively built meaning out of this story, instead of this vapid crossover event that doesn't really make me care about it one way or another.

Still, I must admit, it really had potential, and it's better than I thought it was.

I agree with the cramming.

And you must have got the same torrent as me.

Oh yeah. The April fools issue 6 :lol: That was great.

"Torrents" Pffff. You really need to get the hang of IRC :wink:

You should also get "Infinite Crisis Secret Files" and "Villains United - Infinite Crisis Special" too. It makes it a better read.

Read the last two issues.

#6 wasn't bad, but #7 was dire. Really poop.

I'm sorry, but Superboy as the main villain of Infinite Crisis? ... That wasn't clever. I can't take him seriously as a threat no matter how many Teen Titans he kills.

I liked the Joker and Lex thing at the end.

But the whole thing was horrifically crammed. And it seemed half-assed. For something in the planning for so long, a lot of things just seemed to be made up on the spot, like Alex Luthor's 'death', Doomsday's appearance, the entire Secret Society, the Specter... pretty much everything except the OMAC project seemed made up halfway through.

I really am not that impressed, sadly.

And the whole thing was about pointing out how important Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are to the DCU - so they retire at the end?

So what's the point? These three are so integral to the DCU that... they can have a holiday?

There were some good elements, and some things were well-handled, but in all - the entire story lacked any real set-ups, and virtually every pay off was rushed.

At least that's what I think.

And where the hell was Darkseid in all this?! Doesn't he have the Anti-Life equation?

Y'know, for something so "big", I was amazed at how small the story turned out to be. It was all about Earth and Superboy. I mean, the Rann/Thanagar thing is mentioned for two pages.

It really wasn't that Infinite when I think about it. :?

Ah well, at least some people really enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back