INFINITE CRISIS (series discussion) **Spoilers**

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
:shock:

Holy Bageesus, that's one hell of a start...

Four dead in the first issue.

Four back from the first Crisis I thought I may never see again...

EDITED - CRAZY SPOILERS (start)

Best Line in the WHOLE thing - From the Batman:

"After all these years, you know it's not about control. it's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they want to be inspired. And let's face it, "Superman,"...the last time you really inspried anyone... was when you were DEAD."

Second Best Line (and don't knock it unless you know what you're talking about):

"This looks like a job for SUPERMAN!"

EDITED - CRAZY SPOILERS (end)

And how about that One Page spread of The Spectre and the Seven Deadly Sins rampaging Gotham? See the light on the big guy's chest? Can anybody say "Foreshadowing"?

As for Villains United #6... I thought the Luthor running the Society looked a little... young.

I think Superboy and Superman will come out as the major heroes in this... Superman needs to get back off his *** (well, one of them anyway, Kal-L looks pretty damn heroic to me).

How many Luthors have we got now? Lex, Lex, Alex Jr., and Connor Kent? That's a hefty number of Luthors...

Last edited:
So cool, so cool.....
Man that was intense!!! Wonder Woman is really agressive nowadays.
Batman talking to Superman was priceless....
Deathstroke is so THE man....
Bizarro likes pretty lights!!!!

The end of Villains United was so great, i love Scandal, Catman and Deadshot, when i read issue 5 i was like "****, They made me fall for this characters and now they will be killed? Holy ****!"

Last edited:
Aww man... Bizarro...

He just became a terrifying villain... no more of that "Bizarro No. 1" crap...

Did you notice his little rock sign crumble away while he killed the Human Bomb? I mean, they're really going for symbolism in this one.

And the idea of a Catman/Deadshot team up is fantastic.

Has anyone read the original Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Dr.Strangefate said:
Aww man... Bizarro...

He just became a terrifying villain... no more of that "Bizarro No. 1" crap...

Did you notice his little rock sign crumble away while he killed the Human Bomb? I mean, they're really going for symbolism in this one.

And the idea of a Catman/Deadshot team up is fantastic.

Has anyone read the original Crisis on Infinite Earths?

I read some of it. When I was first getting into DC. So I was confused, and it put me off.

ProjectX2 said:
I read some of it. When I was first getting into DC. So I was confused, and it put me off.

Yeah... it's definitely not a light read...

But those who have read it will get a Hell of a lot more out of DC comics right now...

I mean, there were two supermans who survived CoIE, Kal-L from Earth-2 (the older, grey haired, married to lois, editor of the Daily Planet variation) and the brand new conglomerate Superman who doesn't even remember there being multiple earths.

Kal-L fell through the cracks of reality with Alexander Luthor of Earth 3 (the original home of the Crime Syndacite of Amerika), Superboy of Earth Prime, and his wife Lois. Kal-L hasn't appeared in a comic since Alan Moore's famous "What ever happened to the man of tomorrow?"

and now... well, check out this link if you want a major spoiler... and if you want to find out why I think the original supergirl is going to die again (not to mention the probably identity of the "her" mentioned on the second to last page of IC #1) click HERE to see the full Jim Lee cover to Infinite Crisis #2

I think there were more than four deaths.

Human Bomb, Ratcatcher, Dr. Polaris, Condor, Phantom-lady, maybe that strong guy, maybe Uncle Sam (gasp!)

This is going to be so so so SO good. I can't friggin wait for the next issue. Also:

Spoilers maybe

I think that the last page of the people watching the events was of Precrisis Superman and Superboy. I mean, back in the day Superman was a lot more inspiring, and he would be able to do something ridiculous like defeat all that's going on and busting through some dimension wall with his fists. Post-crisis Superman wouldn't be able to do that. Pre-Cri-Supes might just beat the Secret Society by throwing the moon at them, or something. Superboy was wearing a pre-crisis uniform, but I don't know who the gold guy is.

iceman said:
I don't know who the gold guy is.
Alexander Luthor my boy, son of the Earth-3 Lex Luthor (The original Crime Syndicate world) and one of the main characters in the original Crisis on Infinate Earths, wich as of this issues became MORE of a must read for DC fans.

I loved all of this. I loved Wonder Woman's near cleaving, I loved Geoff Johns taking a little of the *** out of Bat-***. I loved the comments on Superman doing almost nothing anymore. And I loved Kal-L's running commentary on the rest of the heros. I can't wait till issue 2.

But I hated Mongul's new costume. That just sucked.

Since I read the original Crisis when I was a lad, I've been waiting for DC to do something with the four of them. They just seemed to forget about them going to Paradise. I'm really hoping that Kon-El dies and the Earth-Prime Superboy takes his place. I can't stand this Superman/Luthor clone crap. Bring on the original!

It will also be interesting to see what Alex Luthor does. Because of him traveling through the multiverse when his father sent him to our Earth as an infant, he has god-like powers, so I'm wondering what he'll do with them.

Baxter said:
Alexander Luthor my boy, son of the Earth-3 Lex Luthor (The original Crime Syndicate world) and one of the main characters in the original Crisis on Infinate Earths, wich as of this issues became MORE of a must read for DC fans.

I loved all of this. I loved Wonder Woman's near cleaving, I loved Geoff Johns taking a little of the *** out of Bat-***. I loved the comments on Superman doing almost nothing anymore. And I loved Kal-L's running commentary on the rest of the heros. I can't wait till issue 2.

But I hated Mongul's new costume. That just sucked.
f

Ah, I see. I tried to read Crisis on Inifinite Earths once, but how muddled and crammed the art was dissuaded me from doing it. So I'm not quite up to date on the whole "different earths" thing. I know a little about Earth 2, and how Robin of Earth 2 had a kickass costume, because I read one of my uncles comics about some Earth 2 people when I was a kid. Is Earth-Prime the main Earth Pre-crisis? How is Superman of Earth 2 different from normal Superman. Also, how did these people survive the Crisis?

Great Caesar's Ghost that was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yagh i'm too psyched to type right now, later!

I just wonder... what will happen to Nightwing? He was like Neo in the last Matrix lol surrounded by machines, there best be a good explanation for why he is not dead...

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I just wonder... what will happen to Nightwing? He was like Neo in the last Matrix lol surrounded by machines, there best be a good explanation for why he is not dead...
Well, they said that Blue Beetle was instrumental to the Crisis and now he's dead. They're saying that Nightwing is insturmental to the crisis and.... I WANT DICK TO LIVE DAMNIT!

Ultimate Quicksilver said:

When they surrounded him, their extermination sequence finished, and I think they got a new mission, although I was unclear on who it could be...

And I completely disagree about Kon-El, I'm predicting he's going to end up one of the biggest heroes of Infinite Crisis. Plus he's a great character, especially with Tim Drake...

Do you read Teen Titans/did you read Young Justice?

For those of you still confused about the Four people at the end...

Superman of Earth 2 - Kal-L, The Original Superman (as in from Action Comics). In his world he was the very first hero, the greatest hero. The one to inspire the world to take up their capes and tights and fight the good fight.

Lois Lane of Earth 2 - Kal-L's wife.

Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth 3 - The gold suit keeps him from deteriorating into nothingness, since he is composed of both Matter and Antimatter.

Superboy of Earth Prime - The last survivor of his Earth, he is a young Clark Kent

They've been gone since the last issue of CoIE.

he didn't die because the OMAC got a command (Truth and Justice) that overrided it's command to kill Nightwing. He does seem to be in a bad spot though. Why would all the OMACs gather in bludhaven though... weird. Or is he still in Gotham?

Dr.Strangefate said:
When they surrounded him, their extermination sequence finished, and I think they got a new mission, although I was unclear on who it could be...

And I completely disagree about Kon-El, I'm predicting he's going to end up one of the biggest heroes of Infinite Crisis. Plus he's a great character, especially with Tim Drake...

Do you read Teen Titans/did you read Young Justice?

For those of you still confused about the Four people at the end...

Superman of Earth 2 - Kal-L, The Original Superman (as in from Action Comics). In his world he was the very first hero, the greatest hero. The one to inspire the world to take up their capes and tights and fight the good fight.

Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth 3 - The gold suit keeps him from deteriorating into nothingness, since he is composed of both Matter and Antimatter.

Superboy of Earth Prime - The last survivor of his Earth, he is a young Clark Kent

They've been gone since the last issue of CoIE.

So wait, Earth 2 is the Pre-crisis main Earth? Which earth are we on now?

Dr.Strangefate said:

Allow me to expand upon this.

Superman of Earth-2 is generally the Action Comics #1 Superman, where he can literally only run as fast as a speeding bullet and is only as powerful as a locomotive. He also only leap an eighth of a mile instead of flying. Of course, this has fluctuated over the years, with them saying he can fly and all of that, but that's what Earth-2 Supes should be.

Lois Lane of Earth-2, yeah, you know.

In Alex Luthor's Earth, Lex Luthor was the only hero and the JLA were villains (Pre-Crisis CSA came from Earth-3). When the Crisis was coming, Lex built a ship for his infant son Alex and sent him to Earth-1, because he knew the heroes there could take care of them. It's believed that he has godly powers.

Earth-Prime Superboy is from the "real world". Earth-Prime is our Earth, in that the adventures of the other Earths are comic books and there are no superheroes. He was just a boy who happened to be named Clark Kent and he loved Superman comics, and on his sixteenth birthday, he discovered that there actually was a Krypton on his Earth and he became Superboy, one of the only two heroes on his Earth.

I'm really hoping Earth-Prime Superboy sticks around. I really like him and Pre-Crisis Superboy. Get this clone piece of trash outta' here.

iceman said:
he didn't die because the OMAC got a command (Truth and Justice) that overrided it's command to kill Nightwing. He does seem to be in a bad spot though. Why would all the OMACs gather in bludhaven though... weird. Or is he still in Gotham?

He was standing where a huge conglomeration of Heroes just launched into outer space. I think they were congregating to take down Donna Troy, since they're not big WW fans right now...

As for Doc Comic, what exactly do you have against Kon-El? I mean, I know you like the originals, but Luthor has been trying to clone Superman forever, that's where Bizarro came from... And of course he would be arrogant enough to give him his own DNA, He's Lex Luthor, he would love the chance for his son to succeed his greatest enemy....

I'm a Connor fan, so yeah...

Latest posts

Back