Introducing TPBWiki

Oh my God.

I have been struggling to understand the insane numbering of X-Men/Uncanny X-Men to get it all straightened out for this site and I think I have it. I feel like I should win an award or something.

Oh my God.

I have been struggling to understand the insane numbering of X-Men/Uncanny X-Men to get it all straightened out for this site and I think I have it. I feel like I should win an award or something.
Marvel loves to renumber the volumes over and over every time there's a name change. But if I'm remembering right, there's been changes in vol. numbers even when there wasn't a title change to the series.

Marvel loves to renumber the volumes over and over every time there's a name change. But if I'm remembering right, there's been changes in vol. numbers even when there wasn't a title change to the series.

The problems I was having were with the name change to Uncanny X-Men. It was X-Men for #1-63, then it was just a reprint book for #64-93 I think. It started back up with #94 as a regular book, after the series was revamped with Giant Size X-Men. But it didn't become Uncanny X-Men until later #142. The OLD series is retroactively called Uncanny even though the issues all just say X-Men before#142. It's a complete mess, compounded by the addition of the 1991 adjectiveless X-Men series.

The problems I was having were with the name change to Uncanny X-Men. It was X-Men for #1-63, then it was just a reprint book for #64-93 I think. It started back up with #94 as a regular book, after the series was revamped with Giant Size X-Men. But it didn't become Uncanny X-Men until later #142. The OLD series is retroactively called Uncanny even though the issues all just say X-Men before#142. It's a complete mess, compounded by the addition of the 1991 adjectiveless X-Men series.

haha, yeah i remember trying to figure that out just for personal interest. It was REALLY confusing!

The New Teen Titans/Tales of the New Teen Titans/The New Teen Titans (vol 2)/The New Titans is (are?) similarly confusing

by the way, I put all the tpbs/archive editions of the 80s new teen titans up

how do you put the cover picture up?

Last edited:
by the way, I put all the tpbs/archive editions of the 80s new teen titans up

how do you put the cover picture up?

Thanks. I was actually thinking about pulling the plug on it since not much is going on with it.

Including a cover image is the same as creating a page - you have to create the link to it first, then click the link to upload.

Use this code:

[[Image:FILENAME.jpg|200px|thumb|right|TITLE]]

And edit FILENAME to what you want it to be, and TITLE to what you want it to be. Leave the rest as it is. When you save the page you will see where you click on the right side to upload the pic.

I tried updating some of the Iron Man stuff b/c it's wrong. (Haunted goes to issue #28, not 26) and you're missing the volume called "Iron:Man Director of SHIELD", you have the next two volumes that have that title and then a sub title -'Haunted', and 'With Iron Hands')

and it wouldn't save the changes, kept giving me an "internal error" message.

I tried updating some of the Iron Man stuff b/c it's wrong. (Haunted goes to issue #28, not 26) and you're missing the volume called "Iron:Man Director of SHIELD", you have the next two volumes that have that title and then a sub title -'Haunted', and 'With Iron Hands')

and it wouldn't save the changes, kept giving me an "internal error" message.

Sorry about that. Hold tight if you don't mind. What happened was that I had to update the software because of server changes (sound familiar? Same reason I had to upgrade here) and reCaptcha was not compatible with the current version. reCaptcha is the thing that makes you type in the word in order to submit a form and prevents bots from filling pages with spam, which was a huge problem.

I've got several changes to make too and haven't been able to because all I can do is sit and wait for them to update the software. Sucks.

OK. Temporary work around for the inability to make edits. It is now possible to edit but you have to be registered and logged in. Just confirmed and it does work.

I'm working with some people to get the captcha extension working because I'd prefer user not have to register/log in to make changes, but so far this is the only way to make it work.

Like I've said before, any help is appreciated. Don't worry about not knowing how to edit a wiki - it's easy if you just dive in.

question about uploading covers.

We aren't supposed to upload copyrighted material, right?

are any of the covers copyrighted? If so, how do we know.

Are the ones from Marvel.com copyrighted? (they say "marvel.com" on them)

EDIT:

does anyone know where I can find accurate info about the various editions of the Batman:Year one graphic novel?

I've spent hours and hours trying to figure it out, and I can't.

I think I've figured out that there have been six north american editions, but i'm not sure. Everywhere I look, I get conflicting info!

EDIT: never mind. I think I figured it out!

That took a while!

Last edited:
question about uploading covers.

We aren't supposed to upload copyrighted material, right?

are any of the covers copyrighted? If so, how do we know.

I believe this falls under fair use, and cover images used on Wikipedia back that up. In that instance, we don't need permission.

Thanks for all of the additions you've made. That's awesome.

I believe this falls under fair use, and cover images used on Wikipedia back that up. In that instance, we don't need permission.

Thanks for all of the additions you've made. That's awesome.

Oh, okay.

And no problem, I kind of enjoy working on it from time to time. It's very simple task oriented stuff with just a little bit of problem solving involved so it kind of appeals to the way my mind works.

And then there was all the time i spent trying to figure out the Batman: Year One stuff. My OCD kicked into high gear for that.

My OCD kicked into high gear for that.

I feel your pain, my brother.

After I got the login thing fixed the other night I was up until 3:30 AM catching up on stuff I hadn't been able to change. I was up until 2:30 last night.

I couldn't sleep two nights ago for completely unrelated reasons.

I spent the WHOLE night on it. Mostly trying to track down the info for Batman: Year One in all it's various editions.

(Have i mentioned yet that took a lot of doing?)

I couldn't sleep two nights ago for completely unrelated reasons.

I spent the WHOLE night on it. Mostly trying to track down the info for Batman: Year One in all it's various editions.

(Have i mentioned yet that took a lot of doing?)

That's awesome. Hopefully you get the same sense of accomplishment I do when you finally get something like that (usually followed by a sense of shame that I spent so much time on it, but that's another issue).

I noticed you are using different separate BookInfo templates for pages with multiple editions of a book (at least I think it was you) - that's not necessary. You can use the BookInfo template more than once on a page. I didn't know that at first but discovered it later and thought I edited all of the templates that used BookInfo1, BookInfo2, etc. but maybe I didn't. It makes it easier should the template ever change to edit just one template instead of multiple. I changed the Help page to address this.

haha, yeah i've gone back and just looked at the Batman: Year One page a few times just to enjoy it.

and yeah, i was doing that but then it stopped working right (i guess when you edited the templates) i think i've been using bookinfo4 since that's the only one that i could make work, but you say just use BookInfo with no number?

okay, will do.

Latest posts

Back