Introducing TPBWiki

wow, so i COMPLETELY redid the page for Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1

i moved it so that it had the title it has now instead of the approximation of the original title that it was under, just b/c it makes more sense (too me at least).

I also added all the info for ALL of the editions (seven). I'm not sure if the page numbers and prices are right for each one but the publishing dates, ISBN #s and covers definitely are.

I also put the cover for each edition even if it was the same cover as a previous edition, just to simplify things, b/c it's confusing enough. If it has a new ISBN #, i gave it it's own cover picture.

I also put a note to see the Marvel Masterworks category page for an explanation of the numbering of the volumes, where I think it would be wise to have a blurb about the original numbering and the changed numbering.

Look it over and let me know what you think. We can change the format if you think something else makes more sense, but all the research work is done (except maybe for the page numbers and cover prices, as I said before).

EDIT: ah crap. I missed a few editions
I was so excited about being done. and of course it's the variants that I'm missing.

*sigh*

EDIT: okay, i have ISBN #s for everything except the Barnes & Nobel DM variant, which I can't find anywhere.

ALSO: I found this page, it makes life SO much easier!

Last edited:
I'll take a look at the differences between the two revisions. The Masterworks stuff is a huge mess. I would rather not have different pages for the different editions because it's already confusing enough. But yeah - let me take a look.

EDIT: okay, so after realizing that the variant covers do the marvel masterworks library numbering and the regular covers do the "new numbering" I rethought my approach to this and did some adjusting.

I think it makes sense to have the title of the page be in the following format

Marvel Masterworks: Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks Vol. 1)
Marvel Masterworks: Fantastic Four Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks Vol. 2)
Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks Vol. 3)
Marvel Masterworks: Avengers Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks Vol. 4)

and so on. Then, when we link to the page, we can have the link display whichever title fits the category we're linking from.

For Example, the page Marvel Masterworks: Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 6 (Marvel Masterworks Vol. 33).

From the Amazing Spider-Man page, the link displays
'Marvel Masterworks: Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 6'
But from the Marvel Masterworks page, the link displays
'Marvel Masterworks Vol. 33: Amazing Spider-Man'

And then we can have a blurb on the Marvel Masterworks page explaining the two numbering systems.

Last edited:
so the more i look into different marvel series of books, the more confusing it gets.

We already know the gong show that is Marvel Masterworks
but Marvel Premiere Hardcovers also use their direct market variants to screw with the numbering. (Regular black covers don't have numbers, DM red/black variant covers number the volume as a part of the "Marvel Premiere Classic Hardcovers Library")

and Marvel Visionaries titles sometimes just change to marvel Legends titles for a couple of volumes for no reason at all.

for example:
Thor Visionaries: Mike Deodato Jr.
Thor Visionaries: Walt Simonson Vol. 1
Thor Legends Vol. 2: Walt Simonson
Thor Legends Vol. 3: Walt Simonson
Thor Visionaries: Walt Simonson Vol. 4
Thor Visionaries: Walt Simonson Vol. 5

or

Spider-Man Visionaries: John Romita Sr.
Spider-Man Visionaries: Roger Stern
Spider-Man Visionaries: Kurt Busiek
Spider-Man Visionaries: Todd McFarlane Vol. 1
Spider-Man Legends Vol. 2: Todd McFarlane
Spider-Man Legends Vol. 3: Todd McFarlane
Spider-Man Legends Vol. 4: Spider-Man/Wolverine

anyway, I just completely ignored the variant numbering of the marvel premiere classic hardcovers
and i treated the Marvel Legends and Marvel Visionaries as if they were the same thing. (There's a category page called "Marvel Visionaries/Legends" that lists all of them)

I noticed that...I don't know of a better way to do it. But i someone come up with something we'll make due. This is good for now.

I haven't checked - are you using redirects for books with multiple titles like that?

no, i just linked to whatever page is existing. The only page i've used a redirect for is the Marvel Visionaries category is redirected to the Marvel Visionaries/Legends category (mostly b/c you can't move a category page. Once it's there it's there).

Every time I think I have every Spider-Man tpb/hc ever published listed, I find more.

I was in my LCS and they had found a bunch of old and out of print Spider-Man original graphic novels (they don't collect issues, they were written as graphic novels) in their basement.

So I asked for a piece of paper and a pen, I wrote down their title, isbn number, publish date, and cover price. I think the guy thought I was going to make a list to set aside so I could buy them later. I just wanted the info for TPBwiki.

Every time I think I have every Spider-Man tpb/hc ever published listed, I find more.

I was in my LCS and they had found a bunch of old and out of print Spider-Man original graphic novels (they don't collect issues, they were written as graphic novels) in their basement.

So I asked for a piece of paper and a pen, I wrote down their title, isbn number, publish date, and cover price. I think the guy thought I was going to make a list to set aside so I could buy them later. I just wanted the info for TPBwiki.

:lol:

THAT is dedication.

I used to post on the Marvel.com boards before I discovered this site, so i posted a topic letting everyone there know about tpbwiki.

I tried to make it as much one comic fan telling other comic fans about a cool site as possible. Maybe that will help a bit.

I used to post on the Marvel.com boards before I discovered this site, so i posted a topic letting everyone there know about tpbwiki.

I tried to make it as much one comic fan telling other comic fans about a cool site as possible. Maybe that will help a bit.

Awesome. Thanks.

I have accounts on the Bendis board and ComiXfan that I don't really use but I've been thinking about how to craft a post about it on those boards.

they might nuke the post, but we'll see.

EDIT: so i can't get onto marvel.com from my computer...
I'm pretty dumb about computer stuff, did they block my ip address or something?

EDIT: i changed my ip address and now i can go to Marvel.com again...

EDIT: and now i posted on their boards again and can't get to the site any more...
ANd I don't mean just the message boards, i can't get to any of Marvel.com

Last edited:
they might nuke the post, but we'll see.

EDIT: so i can't get onto marvel.com from my computer...
I'm pretty dumb about computer stuff, did they block my ip address or something?

EDIT: i changed my ip address and now i can go to Marvel.com again...

EDIT: and now i posted on their boards again and can't get to the site any more...
ANd I don't mean just the message boards, i can't get to any of Marvel.com

You posted this at 3:32 - have you tried since then?

yep, still can't get to the site.

I get this message

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie: __utma=181384507.2034144480.1270840919.1270840919.1270840919.1; __utmz=181384507.1270840920.1.1.utmccn=(direct)|utmcsr=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); autologin[ip]=99.231.41.215; autologin[login]=captaincanuck65; autologin[md5hash]=d661b0a14ff4dd458b09d851a02c1a8c; autologin[password]=T%2A%5E%28w%84%83%EC%A9%11%5C%5C%5C ...
Apache Server at www.marvel.com Port 80

the 5C% repeats for about two pages. I truncated it to save space.

Last edited:
yep, still can't get to the site.

I get this message

the 5C% repeats for about two pages. I truncated it to save space.

5C% translates to a backslash - an uncommon/unused (illegal?) character in a URL.

Sounds like a browser cookie is corrupt. Do you know how to clear cookies in your browser? You shouldn't have to clear all of them, but rather find any for marvel.com and delete them.

you were right, i deleted my cookies and I can go to the site now.

By the way, my post about tpbwiki was marked as spam and closed.

Last edited:
you were right, i deleted my cookies and I can go to the site now.

By the way, my post about tpbwiki was marked as spam and closed.

That's what I was afraid of. Crap.

Thanks for trying though.

it's okay. I've put it in my sig and been posting again. Mostly to complain about the new spider-man show. But that's allowed and the mod even said that it's the kind of site that will get attention from my sig link.

it's okay. I've put it in my sig and been posting again. Mostly to complain about the new spider-man show. But that's allowed and the mod even said that it's the kind of site that will get attention from my sig link.

Nice. Hopefully more people come on to help with the DC books, because the solits rarely list the included issues and even if you have the book, the included issues aren't listed on the back cover like Marvel.

yeah, the DC section is in need of help. I just added category pages for Nightwing, The Outsiders, Flash, and The Legion of Super-Heroes, and updated the Teen Titans category page. But I didn't add any new pages for the tpbs.

EDIT: cany you take a look at the Flash page and read the blurb at the top explaining the complicated history of the Flash and let me know if it makes sense.

EDIT AGAIN: and the same thing for the Green Lantern page. It's even more complicated. Maybe I included too much info...

thanks

Last edited:
someone named PurpleMLT has been editing and adding articles!

We're up to three!

EDIT: also, I've noticed on several pages that there are external links to tpbwiki pages

(i'm not sure if that made sense...)

what i'm trying to say, is if you want to link to a category page within tpbwiki, you don't need to make an external link that just comes back to the site. You can make an internal link

so, if you're in the Category:Alias page and you want to link to the Cagegory:pulse page, you can do the following

==See Also==
* [[:Category:pulse|The Pulse]]

which will display as

See Also____________________________________________

• The Pulse

and link to the page Category:pulse

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back