IRON MAN 3 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Iron Man 3?

• Total voters
Time for me to further distance myself from the group...did anyone else absolutely love the Mandarin twist? They make him the ultimate modern day terrorist and then add another layer of realism to him by making him a puppet for a larger corporation owner. It was awesome! Then it became more awesome when they released the All Hail the King short and what that even cooler was it was planned from the start.

Time for me to further distance myself from the group...did anyone else absolutely love the Mandarin twist? They make him the ultimate modern day terrorist and then add another layer of realism to him by making him a puppet for a larger corporation owner. It was awesome! Then it became more awesome when they released the All Hail the King short and what that even cooler was it was planned from the start.

I liked the twist, so we're in agreement there. And whether you want to consider All Hail the King as a retcon or not, it did establish that there is a real Mandarin. Whether that real Mamdarin will ever be introduced in a future film (Iron Man 4, once RDJ steps down and Tony Stark is recast?) remains to be seen.

Time for me to further distance myself from the group...did anyone else absolutely love the Mandarin twist?

It was just about the only thing anything close to good about this turd of a movie.

I'd say it's flawed but it's still pretty great. It's also one of the few movies involving kids helping adults that I think worked really well.

It was just about the only thing anything close to good about this turd of a movie.

Iron Man 3, while not a great film, certainly doesn't qualify as a "turd". It's a lot of fun, and explores Tony's capabilities without needing to rely on the armor (at least in part). The enemies being Extremis-altered super soldiers was also a nice change from the armored antagonist of the first two films. I also liked that it explores Tony's psyche in regards to his panic attacks after the insanity of the Battle of NY from Avengers. Glossing over that would've been a mistake.

Latest posts

Back