Is the Ultimate Universe just disgusting now?

I think Blob should've been eating people from the get go. I really don't have a problem with that at all. The incest thing though... I don't even know if Millar started it. I always thought they were just really tight siblings considering everything they've been through together.

I always got from Millar that they were creepily close. Like they have no physical boundaries, would change around each other, if they needed to grab a hotel they'd stay in the same bed... All that coupled with being intensely protective of one another. The sort of weird closeness that some siblings have but its just always a little creepy...

I don't think he would have ever gone so far as to having them being in a romantic relationship.

EDIT: God, I must be tired... I just realized I replied to a first page post.

Last edited:
You guys have to realize that the reason Ultimatum ever came about was because fans felt the universe was getting predictable and the reason for the Universe in the first place is to get new readers involved and give existing readers a breather from the 616 (most likely their bombardment of crossovers). lol
Yes, but see the Ultimate Universe was designed to get new readers interested in staple characters of Marvel Comics, because 616 was getting predictable and give existing 616 readers a breather from its continuity.

So what basically happened, was that Ultimatum happened because the Ultimate universe broke itself.

That's how I feel. She never was a soldier. And there need to be casualties.

You mean like Daredevil, who was killed off panel. :roll:

Characters who have been around this long deserve to die on panel and go out like heroes, not like punks or losers.

I love how you guys bring up DD like that's going to change my opinion? Fables
killed off Boy Blue.
You want to start being taken seriously (even though the UU will never be taken seriously) you have to take measures like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited your post because Fables is a comic that most people read in TPB form and I'm pretty sure that arc is not in TPB form yet and this is a thread that's not related to Fables.

You want to start being taken seriously (even though the UU will never be taken seriously) you have to take measures like this.

There's a disconnect here somewhere, though. I absolutely agree that in theory, you have to allow for the feeling that death is a reality for (this type of) comics to be taken seriously... yet I couldn't be taking this comic (Ultimatum) less seriously. (To be fair, I stopped at issue 1, and have only read reviews to keep relatively current)

If anything, Ultimates 1 and 2, in which no major heroes died, was infinitely grittier, darker, and more realistic. This is more of a caricature of a comic - When I try to convince someone to pick up comics, who has only read a few 'superhero' ones as a kid, I might show them Ultimates 1 and 2. The reason they may not bother reading them is they are expecting Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum.

Last edited:
I love how you guys bring up DD like that's going to change my opinion? Fables
killed off Boy Blue.

Did he die off panel?

Its not the fact that these characters died that is offensive, its the way these characters died, Wasp and DD dying on panel and going out like heroes is way better then the just dying off panel. Having them die off panel is lazy writing. That's what you aren't getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited your post because Fables is a comic that most people read in TPB form and I'm pretty sure that arc is not in TPB form yet and this is a thread that's not related to Fables.

****... my bad. I'm sorry guys. Amateur mistake.

Overlord said:
Its not the fact that these characters died that is offensive, its the way these characters died, Wasp and DD dying on panel and going out like heroes is way better then the just dying off panel. Having them die off panel is lazy writing. That's what you aren't getting.
I can agree with that...

fenway said:
There's a disconnect here somewhere, though. I absolutely agree that in theory, you have to allow for the feeling that death is a reality for (this type of) comics to be taken seriously... yet I couldn't be taking this comic (Ultimatum) less seriously. (To be fair, I stopped at issue 1, and have only read reviews to keep relatively current)

If anything, Ultimates 1 and 2, in which no major heroes died, was infinitely grittier, darker, and more realistic. This is more of a caricature of a comic - When I try to convince someone to pick up comics, who has only read a few 'superhero' ones as a kid, I might show them Ultimates 1 and 2. The reason they may not bother reading them is they are expecting Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum.
Which is why I don't care. The whole thing is garbage. Let it die out. I can't take the story or the characters seriously anymore.

Latest posts

Back