Is Thor Crazy?

Do you think Thor is crazy?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I just love this plot. Personally I'm all for Thor being the tragic hero. I'd love to see him get "killed" and then The Ultimates find out that Loki really was behind it all. I believe Thor is a God. What do you think.

I encourage this to be the new official poll because it's the most interesting thing happening in the Ultimate Universe right now.

Some other questions:

1. What is Loki going to benefit from making Thor out to be crazy and destroying him?

2. Where'd the bomb go in "Homeland Security"?

I don't think Thor is crazy. I, myself, believe Thor. Why? I don't know, but I'm not thinking he's crazy. What would Loki benefit from his end? Well, he would have no one to stop him from doing whatever he wants, which would be to probably take over Asgard, or whatever.

Yep, Thor is crazy, but then again arn't we all... [I like making with philobable].

Loki could just want to annoy Thor out of spite. I don't think he really needs a reason more than that.

I voted not crazy, though I also don't fully believe that he's a god. I believe he is party to something that doesn't need further explanation in the UU, and I believe that these actions don't always take place in the manner that Thor thinks that they do. For example, it may have been very possible that Thor did fight the Midgar serpent as he has mentioned, but possibly he did not leave this plain to do it. Thus leaving his sanity ambiguous.
After all, there is no point in destroying good mysteries or adding to bad reputations. And I hope Millar does neither.

Another thought

Fury says he's know about Thor being crazy for a while now. Unlikely and out of character to get Thor for his Ultimates team in the first place then. My thoughts? Another example of Loki's reality warping powers. Initially Fury thought Thor was cool and wanted him on the team then Loki snaps his fingers and does his thing so Fury thinks he believes that he's known Thor was crazy.

Get what I'm on about?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Fury says he's know about Thor being crazy for a while now. Unlikely and out of character to get Thor for his Ultimates team in the first place then. My thoughts? Another example of Loki's reality warping powers. Initially Fury thought Thor was cool and wanted him on the team then Loki snaps his fingers and does his thing so Fury thinks he believes that he's known Thor was crazy.

Get what I'm on about?
Totally get you, and comepletely agree.

Makes sense to me.

Really, this echoes what is going on with Scarlet Witch/House of M. There are so many things this can affect.

Another Idea....

If Loki is the master trickster and he's working everyone against Thor. Then a major part of his plan was making sure that The Ultimates went after him. This would include getting the Ultimate allies against Thor. So I'm thinkin' since if you think about it, it really makes no sense that other countries other than America have multiple supersoldiers (America could only conjur up 1 in the last 50 years). I'm thinkin' that Loki is playing with the Braddock's minds and Captain Italy, Spain, France are part of Loki's grand illusion.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm pretty much sold on the parts of Bass' theories in another Ultimate Thor post in which he suggests that the only reason Fury really hired Thor in the first place is because he "wants that hammer with us rather than against us." It's still certain if Fury plans to reverse engineer the technological/paranormal workings of that hammer, but it makes more sense justify Fury's insistence that Thor join the team if you realize how ambivalent he is towards the man.

I mean sure Fury thinks he's crazy, and probably doesn't like him, but ambivalence sounds like a better justification to me for going against Thor than the idea that Loki is "warping" reality.

Another THOUGHT! (Well Speculation)

Thor gets defeated and killed by The Ultimates. He does just die, he pulls the whole Jedi Disappearing act right infront of everyone's eyes. Fury or Captain America goes to Gunnar to talk with him. Braddock insists that there's never been a Dr. Gunnar working there. :shock:

I'm not for a Thor Mini, but give me a resurrection story dealing with foiling Loki's Ultimate plan now that his half brother is dead... mmm :drooling:

No way, no way, no way.

I can't believe we even thought he was really a god in the first place, it just doesn't fit with the whole Ultimate ethos, it just doesn't work.

And having Loki alter reality in that way would have much greater consequences than this and sounds waaaaaay too contrived to be anything other than Thor's delusion (although the way they explained his powers also seemed a bit contrived but i think they were necessary if Ultimate Thor was to be anything like 616 Thor).

Having said that, i do not necessarily belive 'Loki' will turn out to be a straight arrow either.

EDIT

Dammit despite all that i just voted NO because i didn't read the question properly..grargh.

icarus_me said:
No way, no way, no way.

I can't believe we even thought he was really a god in the first place, it just doesn't fit with the whole Ultimate ethos, it just doesn't work.

And having Loki alter reality in that way would have much greater consequences than this and sounds waaaaaay too contrived to be anything other than Thor's delusion (although the way they explained his powers also seemed a bit contrived but i think they were necessary if Ultimate Thor was to be anything like 616 Thor).

Having said that, i do not necessarily belive 'Loki' will turn out to be a straight arrow either.

EDIT

Dammit despite all that i just voted NO because i didn't read the question properly..grargh.

Good for you!!! ICARUS_ME IS LOKI!!!!! :crazy:

icarus_me said:
No way, no way, no way.

EDIT

Well, if Thor's crazy, how do you explain that we really, really, really, really, really, really, really want him to be the real deal?

Can't answer that one with your 'logic' can you?

*bow*

I thank you.

The European guys will be the real deal. The US team has been trying to recreate the supersoldier serum that was used on cap, Captain Britain has a suit that is the source of his power (if they still retain that element), also, Widow has had her make up tampered with, not all experiments turn out like the botch-jobs we've seen.

And I think Fury has always thought Thor was crazy. When he pops into Fury's offices and says that he's been fighting the Midgar serpent all morning, Fury merely dismisses it and says "whatever you say man".

And as for Thor being on the team, he's photogenic, Jarvis has a crush on him, he makes great TV, and he's a liberal, something that the Ultimates needed to balance out Cap. And sure, couple this with what his hammer can do, then you have a pretty solid reasoning behind why Fury would overlook Thors apparent insanity.

Although obviously they couldn't just have a livewire on the team that could do anything, so he must've undergone some serious psych analysis before he was funny signed up to make sure that he was safe within acceptable parameters. So, what went wrong? why did he leave? They didn't predict his views on sending superhuman troops to the middle-east. This was not part of the psych test, this was just an extension of the liberal attitude that he has, and that was an accepted part of the Thor make-up.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I DON'T HAVE THE ISSUES WITH ME!!!!

Someone look at the club scene with Captain America and Thor I bet he's there too.

I don't think he is, which makes sense as that situation was one that did not turn against Thor.

The motif seems to be Loki shows up somewhere and things go against Thor.

The Restuarant-Loki shows up suddenly Thor is talking to himself and everyone thinks he's crazy.

Italy-Loki shows up, all of a sudden the cops start beating up protesters, forcing Thor to defend them. Now Thor has lost it and is attacking cops?!?

The Dome-Loki is there,gives his phony balony story and turns everyone against Thor.

Loki doesn't care about anything outside of screwing with Thor, every thing he has done has been to that end only. Loki has no concern for the comings and goings of Midgard, he is motivated solely by his hatered for Thor.

This is all happening as Volstagg said it would in issue 1.

Latest posts

Back