Is Thor Crazy?

Do you think Thor is crazy?

• Total voters
If Loki is there, and is real, then I doubt he'll look the same each time he shows up, if anything, it'll just be someone looking shifty in the background.

Don't have the issue with me right now but I will check it. Maybe Bass has found more appearances, he said he was microscoping the issues over in the Ult 2 #4 discussion thread.

If he was at the night club that would kind of blow my theory, becuase I don't really see how that situation was manipulated against Thor. Unless I missed something.........?

ngnot said:
If he was at the night club that would kind of blow my theory, becuase I don't really see how that situation was manipulated against Thor. Unless I missed something.........?

Someone randomly spits in Captain America's face on Thor's behalf. I'd say that would tick Captain America off a bit at Thor... you're theory is still safe.

At the end of that scene when Thor tells Cap that he thinks it was Loki, he'd obviously be less inclined to listen because of the humiliation that he's just gone through, thus cementing in Caps mind that Thor is crazy.

No matter what happens to Thor,if he turns out to be crazy what the hell happened to the bomb in Homeland Security?

Guijllons wrote:
And on first meeting Banner he told him what he was thinking.

Exactly. Trust me, Thor, if not a God, is something far above human, and not only due to his hammer/power suit. He can read people's minds (thoughts/desires). He can teleport bombs capable of destroying entire solar systems to someplace where its explosion only causes a ripple in our own dimension. And he definitly possesses a wisdom/serenity most people can't fathom (though this could be him being crazy, but I don't think so).

I think the whole reason Thor was put into a psychiatric hospital in the first place was because of his belief that he was a God. Loki could have had a hand in this as well. I'm willing to bet my left nut that Thor will turn out to be some type of deity.

Also, if Fury wanted the hammer technology bad enough to put Thor on his team, there were much easier ways to go about it, with much less risk. First of all, if the hammer was created by Gunner, Fury could have used his influence to obtain the plans through a little scientific/industrial espionage, considering the European Union super-soldier research is directly connected to SHIELD. I mean, the guy is in control of technology which can pinpoint specific mutants all over the world, and can turn himself invisible for periods of time (the length of which are dependant on the "special powers budget"). The point is, if Fury had wanted the technology that badly, he could've gotten it any way he saw fit, without having to admit a possible looney on his public relation super-hero team. Thats bad press. And if Thor's powers are truly coming from the suit/hammer, I'm sure the scientists who created them could come up with a way to negate the suits/hammers powers, without having to resort to physical violence, as they are. There's something about Thor that even SHIELD's techs can't touch.

Point is, there's a lot more to Thor than a delusional ex-nurse who stole a technologically advanced hammer and power suit. The direct proof of this is his getting rid of the bomb and reading Banner's mind. If he's not a God, he's way past human (and not in the mutant/super soldier way).

Imagine this

The final minutes of the battle between Thor and The Ultimates. Thor knows why they're attacking him and has been whomping them the entire time, mostly. The fight doesn't let up and he knows if he continues he's going to have to kill one of them and that is not an option. Thor doesn't like what SHIELD is up too (throwing people into Iraq and what have you) but he knows what would happen if he killed a superhero. Thor knows the world is in trouble with all the real problems and super-villains. So instead of winning the fight and defeating the Ultimates he backs off and allows his own sacrifice.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The final minutes of the battle between Thor and The Ultimates. Thor knows why they're attacking him and has been whomping them the entire time, mostly. The fight doesn't let up and he knows if he continues he's going to have to kill one of them and that is not an option. Thor doesn't like what SHIELD is up too (throwing people into Iraq and what have you) but he knows what would happen if he killed a superhero. Thor knows the world is in trouble with all the real problems and super-villains. So instead of winning the fight and defeating the Ultimates he backs off and allows his own sacrifice.
Its certainly plausible but it seems more likely that they would continue the biblical parrallels by having him go as a willing Jesus-style martyr rather that a big fight. But these are comic books and we NEED a big fight.

Caduceus said:
Its certainly plausible but it seems more likely that they would continue the biblical parrallels by having him go as a willing Jesus-style martyr rather that a big fight. But these are comic books and we NEED a big fight.

That's what I was thinking. It'd be more realisitic if he just got taken into SHIELD custody. But let's face it this battle's gonna be awesome.

I'm actually liking the idea. But Thor has a mission, Volstaag said so, he said "They're the agents of the New World Order, young man, and this agenda they're following puts them completely at odds with everything you've been sent here to do." So I can't see Thor lying back and allow them to carry on without him being a force to balance out that agenda. He's a achieved a lot while in the Ultimates (doubling the foreign aid budget for one), and has a name for himself outside of the group. I don't think his work is done yet.
Unless his does decide he is in fact totally insane and gives up.

Loki (or someone who looks a lot like him) is in the club scene in #2. Though, he is not wearing the same clothes, the face is identical.

Also, there seems to be a very conspicuous woman with the same hairstlye as Gunnar in that scene as well - so conspicuous I thought she might be the Enchantress.

I'll post all the findings when I have time.

Thor's da man

Thor's not crazy at all. He's in a schism caught between 2 worlds.

And I don't believe he'll lose to the Ultimates and their band of Captains. He's going to kick the living bejeesus out of the lot.

Well, this Gunnar character does a throw a loop into the whole Jarvis is Loki theory, don't he.

I keep reading the last 6 pages of that book over and over again. It leads me to believe Thor is going to whoop some major behind.

Who's crazier? The crazy man that thinks he's a mythological god or the crazy man that beleives him?

Bass said:
Loki (or someone who looks a lot like him) is in the club scene in #2. Though, he is not wearing the same clothes, the face is identical.

Also, there seems to be a very conspicuous woman with the same hairstlye as Gunnar in that scene as well - so conspicuous I thought she might be the Enchantress.
Or Hela who's been involved in a few plots to seize Asgard in her day as well.

Bass said:

I'll post all the findings when I have time.

I saw that, but dismissed it as a coicedence because he wasn't wearing the same clothes.

Latest posts

Back