Jack Bauer vs. Noah Bennet: Who's More Badass?

Who's more Bad ***?

• Total voters
This has almost become Museum-worthy.

Wow, that would be awesome, I never made a thread that got into the museum, come on people its time to kick up the greatness. ONWARDS TO THE MUSEUM!

Last edited:
Oh boo hoo. You can't claim that someone is less bad *** cause he has a longer chance to prove it. And still know one has listed anything about Bennet being bad *** so i'll do it, even though I don't recall everything and I'm being really liberal with it.

* = Moderately awesome
** = Very awesome

Bennet

Season 1
Showing up in places like Suesh's apartment, Mohinder's cab.
Having the Haitian abduct Parkmen.
Having the Haitian remove Brody's memory
You know what, Having the Haitian do anything
Telling Eden to force Isaac to take Heroin.
*Utilizing Parkman to stop Ted
*Attempting to tranquilize Ted
**Shooting Claude
Trying to tazer Claude
**Having the Haitian take his memory and shoot him
*Utilizing Parkmen and Ted to escape from Primatech
*Willing to kill the Tracking system
**Killing of Thompson

Season 2
**Threatening his Copy World supervisor
**Removing the memory of his mentor, then killing him
*Distracting Mohinder and bring Elle out for West to knock her out
**Throwing water on Elle
Shooting Elle
Attempting to kill Bob

Jack
Season1
Tranquilizing the District Director to get evidence to black mail him with
**Cuts off the finger of a dead man to ID him
**Getting a man to talk simple by describing how he'll force a wet towel down his throat to rip the stomach lining
**Single handedly taking out the remaining member of the Drazen crew
**Shooting Victor Drazen 11 times in a fit of revenge

Season 2
**Murders a man in the witness protective custody in cold blood, than cutting the man's head off in order to regain trust for an undercover assignment
*Jack has soldier holding a terrorist's family at gun point and stages the children being killed
Willingly to sacrifice himself to save the city from a nuclear explosion.
*Tortured by electorcution, slicing and beating until his heart stopped, with out giving up anything
**Being revived and proceeding to kill everyone in the room
*Having to break his best friend's ankle to go find evidence
**Taking out an entire team of special agents only a few hour after having his heart stopped
**In said scene where he run up the wall breaking a man's neck at the same time. (it was ****ing sweet)

And this is very generous, seeing how I haven't seen the first and second season of 24 for at least a year. Having seen all of season 1 just last month and seeing all of season 2 so far. So I have everything remotely bad *** with Bennet and keep in mind, with Bauer, its only the major bad assery. It does not include the constant killing, gun fights, and interrogations that are littered in the show.

So lets do direct comparison of all the Very Awesome things

N: Shooting Claude
J: **Cuts off the finger of a dead man to ID him

N: **Having the Haitian take his memory and shoot him
J: **Getting a man to talk simple by describing how he'll force a wet towel down his throat to rip the stomach lining

N: *Attempting to tranquilize Ted
J: **Single handedly taking out the remaining member of the Drazen crew

N: *Utilizing Parkmen and Ted to escape from Primatech
J: **Shooting Victor Drazen 11 times in a fit of revenge

N: **Threatening his Copy World supervisor
J: **Murders a man in the witness protective custody in cold blood, than cutting the man's head off in order to regain trust for an undercover assignment

N: **Removing the memory of his mentor, then killing him
J: **Being revived and proceeding to kill everyone in the room

N: **Throwing water on Elle
J: **Taking out an entire team of special agents only a few hour after having his heart stopped

Really, there's no argument.

... *sigh*

And that wasn't at all biased... :roll:

No they don't. Years of bombings and they missed everything.

Arabs are bad ***. We can hit a skyscrape with a flight simulator.

IT DEFIES MATHEMATICS AND ALL LOGIC, BUT WE CAN DO IT.

In your face, cracka-rrists!

What the **** am I typing?

I don't know, but I think its about to put the Patriot Act to the test. Expect a knock at your door tomorrow from US Federal Agents.

I hate this thread.

Also, I think everyone who voted for Bennet watches Heroes. While the people that didn't vote for Bennet either watch both or don't care. This is suspicious. :?

I hate this thread.

Also, I think everyone who voted for Bennet watches Heroes. While the people that didn't vote for Bennet either watch both or don't care. This is suspicious. :?

Probably mostly true. As is the flip-side: the people who watch 24 voted for Bauer, and a few probably also watch Heroes.

This isn't a scientific experiment, but it was certainly doomed from the beginning.

However, those are usually the types of threads that end up in the Museum, so buck up, Random! :)

And that wasn't at all biased... :roll:

I tried my best to balance to argument out for you. Please feel free to modify and correct
This isn't a scientific experiment, but it was certainly doomed from the beginning.

However, those are usually the types of threads that end up in the Museum, so buck up, Random! :)
I'll take what I can get

Last edited:
Probably mostly true. As is the flip-side: the people who watch 24 voted for Bauer, and a few probably also watch Heroes.

I know Houde and I don't watch either, and I'm pretty sure it's the same with Hibiki. I know Random and VVD watch both, and I know Ice only watches 24. Not sure about the others.

I tried my best to balance to argument out for you. Please feel free to modify and correct
I'll take what I can get

I'm only joking man. Relax. I've seen the first season of 24, but I just was bored with it. I really do intend to give it another try, as I keep hearing so much about it from its large fanbase, online, through friends, co-workers, etc.

I'm only joking man. Relax. I've seen the first season of 24, but I just was bored with it. I really do intend to give it another try, as I keep hearing so much about it from its large fanbase, online, through friends, co-workers, etc.

I'm not taking this seriously I'm actually having a lot of fun with this. Also the first half and ending of season 1 was good. Seasons 2 and 3 were very good, some subplots and few hours were kind of dumb but still great. Seasons 4 and 5 are just awesome, I could watch every episode and be excited, they cut out a lot of the stuff that dragged down previous season. Season 6 started strong but fell flat with only a few good moments. The new season looks really great.

I know Houde and I don't watch either, and I'm pretty sure it's the same with Hibiki. I know Random and VVD watch both, and I know Ice only watches 24. Not sure about the others.

So I wasn't completely wrong with my estimates then. Thats good.

I'm not taking this seriously I'm actually having a lot of fun with this. Also the first half and ending of season 1 was good. Seasons 2 and 3 were very good, some subplots and few hours were kind of dumb but still great. Seasons 4 and 5 are just awesome, I could watch every episode and be excited, they cut out a lot of the stuff that dragged down previous season. Season 6 started strong but fell flat with only a few good moments. The new season looks really great.

I really do mean to get around to checking them out.

Also Lynx, let me add that this is a valid point, I personally don't think it holds as much as some would make it out to. I'm more upset at all the other responses who are really missing the point.

Fair enough. I think that, in addition to Bennet torturing Elle, the fact that he gets other super-powered beings to do his bidding, when he himself has none, is pretty badass in itself, though, to address an earlier point you made.

Also, let me make it clear that I think both of them are badass. In fact, I'd say they're relatively close in badass magnitude. But, I don't think either of us are going to budge.

ProjectX2 said:
Also, I think everyone who voted for Bennet watches Heroes. While the people that didn't vote for Bennet either watch both or don't care. This is suspicious.

I watched 24 up to Season 4 and am planning on buying all five seasons on DVD on Black Friday (19 dollars a season at Circuit City is just too good of a deal to pass up). I'll be picking up Season 6 in December and plan on watching Season 7 as it airs. So no, I don't think it's suspicious at all.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I think that, in addition to Bennet torturing Elle, the fact that he gets other super-powered beings to do his bidding, when he himself has none, is pretty badass in itself, though, to address an earlier point you made.

Also, let me make it clear that I think both of them are badass. In fact, I'd say they're relatively close in badass magnitude. But, I don't think either of us are going to budge.
I agree with this.

I think it all depends on how we quantify bad-***. Is it by measuring the sheer number of reprehensible deeds you have committed in order to achieve your goals, which is Bauer's M.O.?

Or is it the degree to which you use an intimidating presence and sheer force of will to command people with greater practical skills than yourself like Bennet does?

Either way is a valid measure of bad-*** even if they create biased favor for one character.

I like Bennet more because Jack Bauer do what he does because of a sense of duty, but Bennet do all the badass things out of love for his family. I can sympathize with a guy who would go to hell and come back for his loved ones and it's just plain cool that Noah is disrupting this gigantic company not because of the american people or super powered people but because of his daughter.

The guy is ****ing awesome.

I like Bennet more because Jack Bauer do what he does because of a sense of duty, but Bennet do all the badass things out of love for his family. I can sympathize with a guy who would go to hell and come back for his loved ones and it's just plain cool that Noah is disrupting this gigantic company not because of the american people or super powered people but because of his daughter.
Fair point indeed.

Although IMHO, by that logic I would characterize Bauer as more of a bad *** by my standards simply because he commits reprehensible actions for America. It's like, there's less of an emotional investment in his actions, and therefore makes him kind of a stone-cold psychopath jerk.

Fair point indeed.

Although IMHO, by that logic I would characterize Bauer as more of a bad *** by my standards simply because he commits reprehensible actions for America. It's like, there's less of an emotional investment in his actions, and therefore makes him kind of a stone-cold psychopath jerk.

Stone cold psycopath jerk is not bad *** for me, it's just... stone cold psycopath jerk...
I think i preffer Noah because he has a lot more to lose if he fails, at least is what it feels like. He follow his emotions, if he were a cold person he wouldn't even left the company, he would be just a standart agent. A good one, maybe the best, but not as good as he is now. Many people would get scared and would start to commit several mistakes in their plans, but it feels like Noah is even more "talented" when doing something that has to do with the safety of his daughter, he uses the emotion in his favor. At least is what I get watching heroes. :D

Stone cold psycopath jerk is not bad *** for me, it's just... stone cold psycopath jerk...
I think i preffer Noah because he has a lot more to lose if he fails, at least is what it feels like. He follow his emotions, if he were a cold person he wouldn't even left the company, he would be just a standart agent. A good one, maybe the best, but not as good as he is now. Many people would get scared and would start to commit several mistakes in their plans, but it feels like Noah is even more "talented" when doing something that has to do with the safety of his daughter, he uses the emotion in his favor. At least is what I get watching heroes. :D
Like I said in a post above... it's all relative:
ourchair said:
I think it all depends on how we quantify bad-***. Is it by measuring the sheer number of reprehensible deeds you have committed in order to achieve your goals, which is Bauer's M.O.?

Or is it the degree to which you use an intimidating presence and sheer force of will to command people with greater practical skills than yourself like Bennet does?

Either way is a valid measure of bad-*** even if they create biased favor for one character.
And by that line reasoning, it means I don't disagree with you in calling Noah bad-***, so much as you and I differ in how to define a bad-***.

And for me, it all boils down to this:

Is he behaving badly, and like an *******?

Therefore in my world, Jack Bauer is a bad-***.

But again. That's MY definition. In the end I find this debate silly simply because it's comparing apples & oranges. Bauer & Bennet can NOT be measured on any scale of bad-assery that is fair to both, simply because they are two highly different individuals.

It's comparing a guy who compromises his own sanity and principles and emotional bonds for the sake of his country against a man who is willing to step on other people and manipulate them for the safety of his own family.

Bauer cares about Other People, but just couldn't be damned to actually act like he does, because he's too busy disregarding his emotions in service the ******* country.

Bennet cares about His Family, and he's likely to commit reprehensible things out of love for that family. Unlike Bauer, he actually acts on the emotions he feels for his family and is therefore willing to step on other people to do so.

Two different bad-asses.

Like I said in a post above... it's all relative:And by that line reasoning, it means I don't disagree with you in calling Noah bad-***, so much as you and I differ in how to define a bad-***.

And for me, it all boils down to this:

Is he behaving badly, and like an *******?

Therefore in my world, Jack Bauer is a bad-***.

But again. That's MY definition. In the end I find this debate silly simply because it's comparing apples & oranges. Bauer & Bennet can NOT be measured on any scale of bad-assery that is fair to both, simply because they are two highly different individuals.

It's comparing a guy who compromises his own sanity and principles and emotional bonds for the sake of his country against a man who is willing to step on other people and manipulate them for the safety of his own family.

Bauer cares about Other People, but just couldn't be damned to actually act like he does, because he's too busy disregarding his emotions in service the ******* country.

Bennet cares about His Family, and he's likely to commit reprehensible things out of love for that family. Unlike Bauer, he actually acts on the emotions he feels for his family and is therefore willing to step on other people to do so.

Two different bad-asses.
I like everything you just said. Very smart.

I like everything you just said. Very smart.
Thank you.

I spend way too much time thinking about your Yanqui TV programs and would probably spend more time making lengthy over-smartypants posts about 24 and other stuff if I didn't have to worry so much about spoilers.

The guy is ****ing awesome.

Plenty of times Bauer goes outside of the lines for his family, but what I like is that he is able to take his own emotions out of the equations. He knows the greater good and always does what he thinks is right. I find that never giving in to his emotions when it jeopardizes the greater good, and if he does, he always finds a way to do both. It's not really about protecting the America people, but lives, he always concerns himself with saving as many innocent lives as possible. I find that way more bad ***. Also Noah's emotions really come of as whiny sometimes. If I hear him say "As long as (something happens), my/our family will never be safe" one more time I think I'm going to shoot somebody. But as Ourchair says it all about how you personally define bad ***

I finally got to watch the first episode of Season 2 of Heroes and after seeing the scene where Noah
almost breaks his manager's finger off and tells him basically to **** himself because he's going to do what he feels like, when he feels like it
, I feel that my vote is completely justified.

Never mind the fact that
he is the brains behind a major plot to take down the company from the inside

Latest posts

Back