Jay Leno blows

You are so homophobic.

250px-Thegaytrain_at_Ipswich.jpg

Punchline Magazine said:
The good people of PunchlineMagazine.com do not traffic in rumors. That said, we are not above relaying trumors: speculation that sure sounds real.

So we will pass along this scuttlebutt from PopEater: An NBC spokesperson denies it, but TV sources say executives at the network are contemplating replacing the big redhead, Conan O'Brien, and trying to resuscitate the dying Tonight Show with a jolt from its former golden boy, Jerry Seinfeld.

"NBC just can't carry on like this," a source tells PopEater. "The Tonight Show has lost 52 percent of its viewership in just one year. The November ratings will be the show's lowest in 15 years. They'd be idiots to not be having the replacement conversation."

What do you think? Should Conan be replaced? Sound off in the comments section!

http://punchlinemagazine.com/blog/2009/12/will-jerry-seinfeld-replace-conan-obrien-on-tonight-show

Springfield News Sun said:
Is Jay Leno replacing Conan O'Brien?

By Amelia Robinson | Thursday, January 7, 2010, 06:08 PM
Conan O'Brien's spin in NBC's 11:30 p.m. time slot might be running out.

According toTMZ and other Internet sites, NBC will return Leno to the 11:30 p.m. spot.

According to the "New York Times" NBC's affiliated stations are ticked that the "Jay Leno Show" at 10 p.m. hasn't been a better lead for 11 p.m. news broadcasts.

Still network executives are denying rumors that they plan to cancel Leno's show.

They however are not denying TMZ's claims that Jay might get his old "Tonight Show" gig back, the Times said.

The switch may be made at the end of next month's Winter Olympics.

Who among us didn't see this one coming? Switching Leno to 10 p.m. was a pretty dumb idea in the first place. Poor, rich-rich Conan.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/b...010/01/07/is_jay_leno_replacing_conan_ob.html

Eh. He screwed up and owned up to it. I can't see judging someone for something they've done. Everyone has some kind of skeleton in their closet.

And the Joquin Phoenix interview looked fake to me (and other people too). It wouldn't have been the first time either (see Crispin Glover and Andy Kaufman).

Having watched the Crispin Glover interview now, I can see your point. I saw a lot of similarities between it and the Jaquin Phoenix interview... So you're probably right.

And come to think about it, Jerry Seinfeld would not be a bad late night television host. I'd definitely be game to see that. It is a shame that Jay is getting his old time slot back, it was confirmed on CNN just a minute ago and apparently in the link or quote thing someone posted above me. I hope Conan doesn't sink into obscurity now... It would be bull if he did.

I don't really care about conan. Letterman is funnier.

Craig on the NBC changes.

[youtube]v3cjCaGYrCc[/youtube]

I find Ferguson more amusing than the whole lot of them. Stewart and Colbert are better, but not necessarily funnier.

[youtube]Tsjj-_NB3es[/youtube]

[youtube]vN1J3j0WhG4[/youtube]

Last edited:
This line-up change is utter bull****. Conan got his new job fair and square and is enjoying success (even if his ratings aren't sky-rocketing, the advertisement deals he's getting because of his demographics are) and stupid, unfunny Leno, that nobody watches, is going to weasel his way back in.

I haven't been so pissed off at TV since I heard about the possibility of a "The Graysons" TV show.

There has been no confirmation of any of these rumors.

Except that Leno show sucks.

All the news places that are reporting these things are quoting TMZ.

The biggest problem I have with this is people criticizing Conan for a 50+% drop in the Tonight Show's audience. What they aren't saying is that the local NBC affiliates have experienced a similar drop in viewership for the 11 PM news cast, which is basically where they make all of their money since they get to sell ALL of the commercials in the broadcast, instead of the 2-3 they get in a network show.

So Leno does horrible, no one watches, and instead the audience watches Letterman or cable. The lack of viewers carries over to the news - which has completely pissed off the NBC affiliates - and then over to Conan. Conan's numbers are down because ALL of NBC is down starting at 10 PM.

NBC is idiotic. They are pissing off their affiliates all in the name of saving a few bucks. Leno's show is MUCH cheaper to produce than an hour long drama, so what they lose in advertising (due to decreased ratings) and merchandising (no DVD sales!) they make up for in decreased costs. But they either aren't taking into account or don't care about how this is killing their affiliates in an economy where ad spending is already WAY down.

My favorite bit Conan used to do was one where he did a sort of behind the scenes look at the production of Late Night. It was pretty early on in the show and he hasn't done it in a while. He would do interviews as the guy that plays Conan O'Brien...it was pretty ingenious and very funny.

Latest posts

Back