Jeph Loeb, Ed McGuinness announced for Ultimates 4

ProjectX2 said:
Also, sketches alongside show Thor with his 616 hammer, and Ultimate Spider-Woman! :shock:

I'm actually a little disappointed with the 616 hammer. I really liked the axe/hammer look of the UU hammer. But it looks as if Thor will still have the same UU look instead of giving him a helmet with wings.

Ultimate Spider Woman looks the exact same as her 616 counterpart....except with the Black Widow symbol. :? I don't know what to think of it.

This spider-woman had better tie into the the USM Clone Saga's spider-woman. If not...:evil:

Is there a chance we could get scans?

Thor.gif

Spider.gif

Hulk.gif

Cap.gif

On the Thor page, there's also a sketch of an Iron Man mask, which looks too similar to the old 616 mask...

ProjectX2 said:
the old 616 mask...

Which one?

The Spider-Woman sketch looks terrible. The rest are OK, but I'm not really digging he Hulk one.

E said:

Yeah....you can tell that he's a big fan of the classic looks. Not that its a bad thing...it's just that they seem outta place in UU.

I still have high hopes though. After all....they are just sketches.

In the words of Mark Millar: "JEEZUS!".

Seriously, this is stupid for each volume to go up to issue 12/13 and restart. WTF?! They need to just stick to one damn volume already.

I like it. They're supposed to feel like movies; and with each volume a different number, it helps that feeling.

Plus, the evolution towards Superheros has already begun... It would make sense for them to continue to develop costumes rather than uniforms... It's what the public would want, benevolent heroes, rather than more soldiers. It gives the appearance of working towards a greater good rather than working for the government.

And I think Ultimate Iron Man will be the sort of guy who now doesn't settle on any one suit... but it makes sense that for smaller superhero duties, in which cases he might not be able to bring the massive support staff necessary to launch his more powerful suits.

Have accidentally uncovered a hidden crevice full of youthful dreams which appears to be yelling "hurrah! Ultimate Thor with a decent ****ing hammer at last" but I will stifle them with an allergy pillow until silence ensues.

Am I the only one disliking the "Pratchett dwarf pickaxe" action that the Son of God has going on? :wink:

olavthehairy said:
Am I the only one disliking the "Pratchett dwarf pickaxe" action that the Son of God has going on? :wink:

Probably. I think everyone likes the current Ultimate hammer.

Last edited:
olavthehairy said:

Probably. ;)

Everything about Ultimate Thor is just about perfect. They really did get him right.

I'm really not digging the new art direction. It's so... cartoony.

Captain America is just AWFUL.

Last edited:
It's a dynamic change but it's not like Millar didn't prepare us for it. In the Ultimates Annual, we know that they want the Ultimates and the Reserves to have brighter costumes to make them more super-hero than super-soldier, therefore making them more likable in the public eye.

Latest posts

Back