Jeph Loeb, Ed McGuinness announced for Ultimates 4

All I know he's drawn is Superman/Batman and an arc in JLA: Classified. He's pretty good, but most of his characters look similar.

ProjectX2 said:
All I know he's drawn is Superman/Batman and an arc in JLA: Classified. He's pretty good, but most of his characters look similar.

hm.... How is he at drawing boobs?

Zombipanda said:
Can anyone tell me what else McGuinness has drawn?

Most famous for Superman/Batman...

supermanbatman4.jpg

jlaclcv1.jpg

supebat01.jpg

SupermanBatmanCVR1A.jpg

Zombipanda said:
hm.... How is he at drawing boobs?

Dude....what kinda retarded question is that?

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Dude....what kinda retarded question is that?

It's a legitimate question. Are we forgetting R0808008Z? Vision is probably going to be around.

E said:
It's a legitimate question. Are we forgetting R0808008Z? Vision is probably going to be around.

And we all read comic books for the tits. Let's not try and go denying that.

And it was intended to be a funny question. :roll: We all have our occassional bombs though, right?

Last edited:
Zombipanda said:
And we all read comic books for the tits. Let's not try and go denying that.

Especially Vic. :D

E said:
Especially Vic. :D

Just She-Hulk...................................................and Supergirl...........................................and Daughters of the Dragon..............................and uh.............. :oops:

Whatever dude.......... :oops:

:lol:

Getting back to the news at hand...the Absorbing Man sketch looks pretty good. Absorbing Man was a villain in one of my first comics - an old issue of Thor - and I always had a soft spot for him. When handled correctly I think he's a great character and one that can pose a lot more problems than he normally does. I hope it's not just a matter of him dropping in for an issue...Ultimate Absorbing Man could be very cool.

I was hoping to see how Ultimates 3 was before they signed him for another run.

Bollocks.

Their run equaled if not passed Mllar/Hitch's delayed. And wasn't nearly as good.

thee great one said:
I was hoping to see how Ultimates 3 was before they signed him for another run.

Bollocks.

Their run equaled if not passed Mllar/Hitch's delayed. And wasn't nearly as good.
But McGuinness does such pretty pictures....

I'm still nervous about Loeb on The Ultiamtes, but I really want to see McG on the art for it. I'll probably be picking this up for tha alone.

Because its not supposed to read like an ongoing. Its more structured like a movie. You have your origins/basis in the first volume.....then you go on with the stories in the next volumes.

They are running it like it's a regular ongoing and calling it different volumes. It matters not one bit that it's broken into volumes, it's still an ongoing series ultimately. Why not just run it that way?

The events are supposed to be separate and have some time in between them as opposed to say New Avengers in 616 or USM where something is going down with them like every week.

And the stories do feed into each other. The events during "Trial of the Incredible Hulk" are direct results from the events in Vol.1. Everything ties into one another as opposed to be separate stand alones like Punisher MAX.

Volume 1 and 2 were written/drawn by the same people and ran into each other which is to the good. I have no problem with what has gone before. I'm way more concerned about Leob saying that Vol 3 and 4 have no bearing on each other and do not feed on each other. I'm afraid you can't compare the past to the future...

And character development? This series has the best character development in the entire UU.

Again, your comparing now against what is to come which isn't possible. I love what Millar has done with the Ultimates and its all flowed beautifully. What Leob has stated is that vol 3 and 4 will not be tied together and that you could read one and not the other. That means that any character development will be limited between 3 and 4 generally as changes from one story do not have any bearing on the other. That's my complaint.

Hope that made some kinda sense...

Living Large said:
Again, your comparing now against what is to come which isn't possible. I love what Millar has done with the Ultimates and its all flowed beautifully. What Leob has stated is that vol 3 and 4 will not be tied together and that you could read one and not the other. That means that any character development will be limited between 3 and 4 generally as changes from one story do not have any bearing on the other. That's my complaint.

Hope that made some kinda sense...
Well, not directly tied together. I think the easiest way to do that would be to have Ultiamtes V3 and V4 focus of diffrent sets of characters, with the big ones covering both. Say Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor are in both, Vision, Flacon, and Bruce Banner/Hulk in V3 (I want Joe Mad on the hulk) and with V4 having Falcon, Wasp, Hank Pym (With his return being in V3, but if you've never read an Ultiamtes than theres no problem there.) and the newly minted Ultimate Black Panther. You wouldn't have to eplain why they're not in either volume, or if you really wanted to there could be a comment about personal leave after the events of V3, wich of course would make people want to read V3 but hardly make it a requirement.

Well, not directly tied together. I think the easiest way to do that would be to have Ultiamtes V3 and V4 focus of diffrent sets of characters, with the big ones covering both. Say Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor are in both, Vision, Flacon, and Bruce Banner/Hulk in V3 (I want Joe Mad on the hulk) and with V4 having Falcon, Wasp, Hank Pym (With his return being in V3, but if you've never read an Ultiamtes than theres no problem there.) and the newly minted Ultimate Black Panther. You wouldn't have to eplain why they're not in either volume, or if you really wanted to there could be a comment about personal leave after the events of V3, wich of course would make people want to read V3 but hardly make it a requirement.

Well now. I hadn't really considered that option... I was thinking serially like most comics are written where each story tends to feed the next one. I am not a big fan of this 4-6 issue ARC for TPB format that seems to be very prevalent today. I'm very much enjoying Kirkman's Ult X-men run for this reason. He's setting things up all over the place that is not really build for the standalone TPB format. Very serial and more traditional.

Living Large said:
Well now. I hadn't really considered that option... I was thinking serially like most comics are written where each story tends to feed the next one. I am not a big fan of this 4-6 issue ARC for TPB format that seems to be very prevalent today. I'm very much enjoying Kirkman's Ult X-men run for this reason. He's setting things up all over the place that is not really build for the standalone TPB format. Very serial and more traditional.
:D

I'm not much a fan of the hardline arcs either. I like seeing something pay off 8 months after its brought up, and having single issue stories. Have you checked out Kirkmans Invincible? Very much a serial and a damn good one.

Baxter said:
:D

I'm not much a fan of the hardline arcs either. I like seeing something pay off 8 months after its brought up, and having single issue stories. Have you checked out Kirkmans Invincible? Very much a serial and a damn good one.

Yup. Whatever happened to good ol' foreshadowing? It's so much more rewarding to read something with constant hints and references to something that won't happen for maybe 20 issues. It's shows the writer has something of a grand plan and really gives things a sense of evolution instead of new bad guys and situations just appearing out of the blue so it can all be conveniently contained in a TPB.

The one thing worse than comics without that though, is comics/writers that pretend they have that. Like Bendis with USM. Issue 100 will not tie back to a startling secret kept since issue 1. Bendis just goofed up and realised he could write a story around it. And I use 'write' in the loosest sense imaginable.

Anyway, enough about that rant. With Loeb saying that volumes 3 and 4 will likely be thought out, if not written alongside eachother, I wonder if they'll be released right after eachother?

I honestly don't mind the new team all that much. I've read very little Loeb, but I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. And while Joe Mad might be a bit much for my eyes, I do like McG's work, ever since his Deadpool days.

Even if they do screw it up, at least we got volumes 1 and 2 just as they are.

Anyone else starting to think this is gonna suck???

The more i think about it the more i see that loeb is just not gonna cut it after millar, i mean whats loeb written in the last 3 years that was like REALLY good?

this is my first post so hi everyone !!
onto business.......

no matter what you think about loeb or mcguinness how can you fail in a universe like the ultimate universe there is so much scope for some quality action that ANY new material will be like golddust to me !!

ps CANT WAIT for the next installment of the ultimates but if I have to I will because its just SO DAMN GOOD !!!!!

polscots said:
this is my first post so hi everyone !!
onto business.......

Hello there, welcome welcome welcome.

polscots said:
how can you fail in a universe like the ultimate universe

Well for one thing, if your name ryhmes with Mendis.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back