Jeph Loeb, Ed McGuinness announced for Ultimates 4

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
20,134
Location
Houde's Chili Dog Shack
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Dude, get rid of the spoiler tags, people clicking on the thread, obviously know they are going to be spoiled.
 

a fan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
325
Location
hmmm good question
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

ABSORBING MAN JUST ANOTHER PERSON ON THE LIST OF PEOPLE WHO'S ASSES NEED TO BE KICKED BY THE ULTIMATES!!!

ULTIMATES 4 CREATIVE TEAM REVEALED BEFORE ULTIMATES 2 #12 EVEN HITS THE STANDS OH GOD WITH ALL THIS GOOD COMIC BOOK NEWS I'M TOTALY GEEKING OUT RIGHT NOW:twisted: :twisted: :D :D :shock:
 
Last edited:

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
13,680
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Zimzallabim said:
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/000683893.cfm

Loeb and McGuiness to write/draw The Ultimates Volume 4. Apparently Loeb will be writing Volumes 3 and 4 at the same time. I'll wait to see what Loeb does on Vol.3 before I make any judgements, his Daredevil and Spiderman minis were great.



First post, hey everybody.
WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE CENTRAL!!!
 

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
3,012
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Zimzallabim said:
First post, hey everybody.
Hi Zimi. Welcome to UC.

a fan said:
ABSORBING MAN JUST ANOTHER PERSON ON THE LIST OF PEOPLE WHO'S ASSES NEED TO BE KICKED BY THE ULTIMATES!!!

ULTIMATES 4 CREATIVE TEAM REVEALED BEFORE ULTIMATES 2 #12 EVEN HITS THE STANDS OH GOD WITH ALL THIS GOOD COMIC BOOK NEWS I'M TOTALY GEEKING OUT RIGHT NOW:twisted: :twisted: :D :D :shock:
Damn that hard to read for the eyes. I hate the Caps Lock button. *Goes to work on the keyboard with a screwdriver and a hammer*
 

Zimzallabim

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2006
Messages
9
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Random said:
WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE CENTRAL!!!

Ultimate Warrior said:
Hi Zimi. Welcome to UC.

Thanks for the friendly welcome. I'm interested to see which direction Loeb takes the Ultimates, follow the road Millar paved or taking a detour and making them the Ultimate Avengers. Personally, I would love to see him follow Millar, but I'll take any well written story.:wink:
 

Living Large

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
75
Location
Alberta, Canada
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Why do we have to have Ultimates, Ultimates 2, 3 and 4? Why not just make it an ongoing? What, so they can keep them "accessible" to readers that don't want any kind of continuity and therefore boring or no character development? It really sucks that the stories don't feed each other like they should in what is actually a "serial". In fact, that is really dissappointing... what's the point?
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

I just hope that Loeb is already on like issue #3 or 4....

This better be a monthly, or if its a bimonthly, it better come on time.
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
1,034
Location
Portland, OR
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Dr.Strangefate said:
I just hope that Loeb is already on like issue #3 or 4....

This better be a monthly, or if its a bimonthly, it better come on time.

They have us trained to accept quarterly releases - I'll bet the first 3 issues of V3 are on that same "6 week" schedule Ultimates 2 was and from there it goes out to bimomthly at best.
 

Zimzallabim

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2006
Messages
9
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Rhyo said:
They have us trained to accept quarterly releases - I'll bet the first 3 issues of V3 are on that same "6 week" schedule Ultimates 2 was and from there it goes out to bimomthly at best.
I would hope not, the delays on Ultimates have made me loose interest in the story. This is what led to daredevil becoming my favorite book.:)
 

MaxwellSmart

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,335
Location
SoCal
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

I can't say if this is good news until I read the Ultimates Vol. 3.

As for scheduling, I don't think we'll see a bi-monthly series. The worst I predict is 6 weeks.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Re: Ultimates 4 Creative Team revealed

Zim - welcome, thanks for posting. :D

I find it funny that they are making announcements for vol. 4 when vol. 2 isn't even done, and frankly isn't even close.
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
Zimzallabim said:
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/000683893.cfm

Loeb and McGuiness to write/draw The Ultimates Volume 4. Apparently Loeb will be writing Volumes 3 and 4 at the same time. I'll wait to see what Loeb does on Vol.3 before I make any judgements, his Daredevil and Spiderman minis were great.

I don't need to wait. I already love it! I LOVED LOVED LOVED their run on Superman/Batman.

So I'm hyped!!!! :rockon:



Zimzallabim said:
Thanks for the friendly welcome. I'm interested to see which direction Loeb takes the Ultimates, follow the road Millar paved or taking a detour and making them the Ultimate Avengers. Personally, I would love to see him follow Millar, but I'll take any well written story.:wink:

Well I know I read it in a couple articles and threads on this site that Loeb said he's gonna go in a slightly different direction with the series and making the comic less political.

His run will focus more on the adventure/action aspects.



Living Large said:
Why do we have to have Ultimates, Ultimates 2, 3 and 4? Why not just make it an ongoing? What, so they can keep them "accessible" to readers that don't want any kind of continuity and therefore boring or no character development? It really sucks that the stories don't feed each other like they should in what is actually a "serial". In fact, that is really dissappointing... what's the point?

Because its not supposed to read like an ongoing. Its more structured like a movie. You have your origins/basis in the first volume.....then you go on with the stories in the next volumes.

The events are supposed to be separate and have some time in between them as opposed to say New Avengers in 616 or USM where something is going down with them like every week.

And the stories do feed into each other. The events during "Trial of the Incredible Hulk" are direct results from the events in Vol.1. Everything ties into one another as opposed to be separate stand alones like Punisher MAX.

And character development? This series has the best character development in the entire UU.



Dr.Strangefate said:
I just hope that Loeb is already on like issue #3 or 4....

This better be a monthly, or if its a bimonthly, it better come on time.

I can only hope so. I'm not really looking forward to quarterly issues. I think Marvel isn't gonna allow the next team to be able to do the Delay Dance like Millar/Hitch.

I'd love a monthly.....but I'd be just as happy with a bi-monthly like Astonishing X-Men.



E said:
I find it funny that they are making announcements for vol. 4 when vol. 2 isn't even done, and frankly isn't even close.

It is funny isnt it.



Goodwill said:
Are we getting anxious, Marvel?

They're just trying to capitalize on the current momentum they have going right now.

But yeah....to kinda piggyback on what E said....this announcement would've been better to make in the middle of U3.





I call this my DIB post.
 
Last edited:

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
9,059
Location
Boston, Massachusetts
Feh. Ultimates 3/4 coming after Ultimates 1/2 is going to be like Robert Kirkman coming onto UXM after BKV. An amazing run by a great team on one of the best comic books followed by a team that'll put out o.k. but vastly inferior work at a very fast pace.
 

a fan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
325
Location
hmmm good question
at this rate expect the announcment of ultimates 5 to come on wendsday when the shipping update thread says that ultimates 2 #12 is delayed
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
Ah hell.

Loeb and McGuinness Superman/Batman run was just as badly delayed as Ultimates.

No joke.

With months between issues.
 
Last edited:

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
thee great one said:
Ah hell.

Loeb and McGuinness Superman/Batman run was just as badly delayed as Ultimates.

No joke.

With months between issues.


It was slightly better in terms of getting out the issues.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Whoopee. I think they could at least wait until The Ultimates 3 had even started before releasing this information...
 

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
9,401
Location
Zoo Atlanta
At the rate Millar's run is going, I expect the TPB's for Ultimates 3 and 4 to come out a month after U2 ends.

I'm curious about Loeb's run. I don't think there's any chance it will even come close to Millar and Hitch, but I'll still keep an eye out. Can anyone tell me what else McGuinness has drawn?

And welcome aboard, Zim.
 

Latest posts

Top