JLA Series Discussion *Spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I don't think there is a thread for this. If there is feel free to merge it. I downloaded the first 50 issues of the new series today. I read the first arc with the Hyperclan. Here's my thoughts along with other arcs I've read.

Hyperclan (1-4)

This was a fun arc. Not as good as Bass made it out to be. It was fun. The twist was awesome. I didn't see that coming. Batman was cool. I loved what he did to that one guy. "Batman Batman, he's just a man". "The world's most dangerous man" I give it 8 out 10

Syndicate Rules (107-114)

This was kinda lame. The story was kinda stupid. I liked the refrences to the Avengers/JLA mini. I liked when the Crime Syndicate dressed up like the Justice League. I give it a 5 out 10.

Crisis Of Confidence (115-119)

The Infinite Crisis tie-in. I really liked how this dealt with the fallout of Identity Crisis. The return of Despero was cool. Batman's feelings about Catwoman was cool. Zantana was freakin badass at the end. The ending left me with a holy **** moment. I give it a 8 out 10.

I'm off to read arc 2.

Last edited:
Good idea.

*goes to download*

Angels (5-7)

Angels vs The Justice League???????. Brilliant. I'm liking Morrison's run, everything is just so over the top. I've this energy version of Superman before, but I don't the story behind. Anybody want to enlight me? This was cool. Next arc deals with the key. I'll read it tomorrow.

thee great one said:
Angels (5-7)

Angels vs The Justice League???????. Brilliant. I'm liking Morrison's run, everything is just so over the top. I've this energy version of Superman before, but I don't the story behind. Anybody want to enlight me? This was cool. Next arc deals with the key. I'll read it tomorrow.
I'm not sure on the Energy superman myself, but in the hands of Morrison it was good. The Key arc is probably my second favorite thanks to the use of The Key (One of the oldest comics I remember getting was The Key and Snapper Carr as THe Star Tzar against the JLA, with THe PHantom Stranger. Everyone was just wondering who the hell he was and why he was following them :D ). The best arc of course was Tower of Babel. You'll understand when you read it.

The Tower Of Babel is the whole reason I wanted to read this.

The Key
(#8-#9)

This was cool. I don't really like the young green arrow. Superman as a green latern. That is so awesome.

Also - "Boxing Glove arrows? Dad, you'll be the death of me." or "Don't wake up!" - Batman is such a wonderful detective with Morrison around.

Tower of Babel is good, but I prefer New World Order, Prometheus, World War III, Rock of Ages, and Crisis Times Five... and pretty much all of Morrison's JLA run. But Tower of Babel isn't bad at all.

Also, The Hyperclan was amazing.

And you'll LOVE Prometheus. One of my all-time favourite villains, and he makes his debut in #16.

Also, JLA: Paradise Lost is Zauriel versus Asmodel and it's written by Mark Millar in case you're interested. :)

Last edited:
The Rock of Ages (#10-#15)

This was a good arc. I liked the Injustice Gang. I hate Green Latern's stupid mask thing. Darkseid's future was cool. The idea that they were in thier future selfs body was cool. Batman defeating Daseid was so cool. I knew it was going to be him when they walked into the building. Him also tricking Metron was cool.

"We just killed Darkseid"

Last edited:
Promethus (New Year's Evil, #16-#17)

Really good arc. Promethus is so cool. He reminds me of an anti-Batman. He's origin was original was really good. It is kinda of opposite of Batman. Batman's parents were killed by crimnals so he seeks revenge on the. Prpmethus were killed by the good guy. So he seeks revenge on Justice. He trained tthe world also.

"Well that was a humbing experience"
-Batman after getting his *** handed to him by Promethus.

And Catwoman???? Where the hell did she come from. You now I like this Superman better than the other. Well not his powers but his look.

Morrison said Prometheus is the "Anti-Batman".

Note that Prometheus' downloading of skills was a good couple of years before the Matrix...

Bass said:
Morrison said Prometheus is the "Anti-Batman".

Note that Prometheus' downloading of skills was a good couple of years before the Matrix...
Wasn't The Matrix just a giant Morrison rip off in general?

Juilan September (#18-#19)

I'm guess that the last arc was the end of Morrison's run or these are guest writers. This was written by Mark Waid. I really liked this one. I noticed that seven thing right away. Plastic Man annoys the hell out of me. Oracle's actions concerning Batman was awesome.

Strange New World (#21)

Adam Strange was pretty cool. Orion is a freakin psyco. Cool story and ending.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
Juilan September (#18-#19)

I'm guess that the last arc was the end of Morrison's run or these are guest writers. This was written by Mark Waid. I really liked this one. I noticed that seven thing right away. Plastic Man annoys the hell out of me. Oracle's actions concerning Batman was awesome.

Strange New World (#21-#22)

Adam Strange was pretty cool. Orion is a freakin psyco. Cool story and ending.
They're guests. Morrison seemed ot have plotted alot of things out ahead of time and left them to other writers while he focused on the big arcs. Like the JLAs reformation (Wich started at The Kents with Batman :D ) was written by Christopher Priest. The best fill in issue was by Millar and involved Bruce Wayne, The Dark Flash, and Plastic Man all over Big Barda. It was great.

Ultramarine Corps (#23-#26)

This was decent. Reminded me of a episode of Justice League unlimited with the Ultramen. The fight with the new Shaggy man was cool.

Amazo (#27)

The issue written by Mark Millar. I really like this. Amazo's handing their a**es to the Justice League. I never saw how they defeated him coming.

Crisis Times Five (#28-#31)

The JSA annoyed me. This had some stupid parts in it. i didn't really like Trimpuh or Hourman. I did like how The Spectre was imprisoned. The fights between the genies was really sweet. J.J. mouth was incredible.

The new issues in the storyline "World Without A Justice League", issues #121 and #122, have been good. The reminder of the team are searching for new members. They talk to Nightwing who tells them no cause they want to use him against Batman. They went to Supergirl. Who ended up helping them against Omacs. The ending with Donna Troy is cool. I liked everyones reaction to it. I hoping to found out what happened to Martian Manhunter soon.

Last edited:
No Man Land Tie-In (#32)

This was cool because it showed why the Justice League didn't help in No Man Land. Huntress talk with Superman was well done.

JLA vs Bruce Wayne (#33)

Okay so this issue had me like WTF? at first. The fake Bruse Wayne was cool. I liked how they didn't just forget about him but I really want to know the deal with the Flash.

Last edited:
"The deal with the flash" - that is the problem when the JLA can't be the JLA and has to pander to the continuity of other series and whatever the hell they may be up to at the moment (in Morrison's run - Superman becomes blue, then returns to normal, Wonder Woman dies then comes back to life, Flash changes into a different Flash... blech). The problem is that the JLA can't discuss these changes because they're all supposed to be answered in the individual title, leaving JLA readers scratching their heads. Tut tut.

That said, Morrison never let it get in the way.

I'm glad you're enjoying the run TGO. :)

WW3 Prelude (#34)

This was cool. That eye thing was freaky. I like Aquaman now. He's awesome.

The Spectre (#35)

This was okay. It shows the teams reaction the Hal Jordon's death and his redemption now that's he the Spectre. I liked how they found the divine light in the Joker's mind.

World War 3 (#36-#41)

This was the climax of all Morrison's arcs. Promethus, Luthor, some bee chick, and the shaggy man all get together. On top of that there's this giant planet destorier ending towards. Driving everone mad and starting wars everywhere. I like Kyle getting his powers back. Batman beating Promethus was the best part. The fight was cool and no stop action. The best one yet.

Bass said:
"The deal with the flash" - that is the problem when the JLA can't be the JLA and has to pander to the continuity of other series and whatever the hell they may be up to at the moment (in Morrison's run - Superman becomes blue, then returns to normal, Wonder Woman dies then comes back to life, Flash changes into a different Flash... blech). The problem is that the JLA can't discuss these changes because they're all supposed to be answered in the individual title, leaving JLA readers scratching their heads. Tut tut.

That said, Morrison never let it get in the way.

I'm glad you're enjoying the run TGO.

He does a very good job incorpating that in without sacrificing the story.

Not often there is a panel in a comic that creeps me out but that giant starfish eariler. Well yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Half A Mind To Save The World (#42)

I like the idea of a mini world living in someone's brain. This was alright and then end with the Superman refrence was cool.

Tower Of Babel (#43-#46)

The whole reason I wanted to read this. Batman's fail-safes were cool. The ending was awesome. I really liked it.

Latest posts

Back