Joe the Barbarian

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
A three issue mini-series by Grant Morrison and Sean Murphy coming out in January 2010...

joe3_by_seangordonmurphy.jpg

That looks awesome. I can spot Transformers, Batman and Robin, G.I. Joe characters, Dick Tracy... I can't wait for this. Morrison has got a lot of interesting and different stuff coming up.

More info:

Comic Book Resources said:
At DeviantArt, artist Sean Gordon Murphy reveals a stunning two-page spread from Joe the Barbarian, his Vertigo collaboration with Grant Morrison that the writer describes as "Home Alone meets Lord of the Rings."

"I've wanted to do one of those Narnia-style worlds in a wardrobe-type stories but I didn't want to do it until I had the energy and time to do it," Morrison told Comic Book Resources in March. "It's about a little kid who has diabetes, which makes you hallucinate if you don't take your medicines. And something happens to him in his home."

Murphy writes that in the above image, "The kid is in a dream state where he's seeing all his toys come to life as they're fleeing their village after an attack. It's fun to create generic characters based off of existing characters, but to change them just enough to avoid legal problems."

A quick glance reveals (obviously) Batman and Robin, plus dead ringers for The Transformers, the crew of the Enterprise from The Next Generation, G.I. Joe, Dick Tracy and … M.A.S.K. (?), among others.

Last edited:
I thought this thread would be a poorly timed attack on Kalicki's character or maybe Joe had smashed up Proj's car with a wooden club or something.

The story seems interesting and the art looks great, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that Joe isn't going around clubbing people's rides.

I thought this thread would be a poorly timed attack on Kalicki's character or maybe Joe had smashed up Proj's car with a wooden club or something.

The story seems interesting and the art looks great, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that Joe isn't going around clubbing people's rides.

That's exactly what I was hoping for, but this looks cool too. Though, I wonder if we all wrote letters to Morrison, he would include Joe Kalicki in the background or something.

Well the first issue was pretty underwhelming, and some of the dialogue was confusing. I hope it gets better.

All first issues of Morrison's comics get mixed reviews.

I loved it.

I was confused.

I think the kid is smoking weed.

Though the set up for the story is kinda 80ish. I'm waiting for the giant octopus to show up when they find the treasure left by the pirates.

I was confused.

I think the kid is smoking weed.

Though the set up for the story is kinda 80ish. I'm waiting for the giant octopus to show up when they find the treasure left by the pirates.

Then Joe and the rest of the Brunch Club are in trouble when they have a baseball game against a team of werewolves, good thing they took those karate lessons!

It seemed to me his main beef is that it's a story told a thousand times in different ways, and those other ways are better.

I have to agree on some points, it is a story told a thousand times, but this story is yet complete, so I can't judge based on those other times.

But he is. for some odd reason

The art and colouring was amazing.

I love this comic.

Latest posts

Back