Joker (Azzarello/Bermejo) *Spoilers*

This was OK. The best part was the Batman/Joker confrontation at the end.

:lol:

All Star Superman is the worst thing I've ever read.

Oh, and Earth X! I mean, that was just Aaron Stack and some bighead guy making pretentious commentary! And there wasn't even a NEXTWAVE moment!

I just read this the other day. I'm so happy it was an Elseworlds so I could enjoy it without being infuriated at the characterizations.

But the endng sucked.

I didn't care for the characterization of Batman when he appears at the end. I also didn't like that they made Two-Face a *****. Other than those two I didn't have any problems with how they presented the characters.

I'm sorry, I don't follow... What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with elseworld stories. They give writers and artists the room to do what they want with these characters without having to worry about continuity, which can become cumbersome and limiting.

It's called being original. If the craftsman has a good story to tell than they should be able to pull it off using their own original characters. Following continuity and telling a good story (if it involves these popular characters) is pretty much what comic book writers are paid to do. Not take liberties. So unless this book was a blow your mind masterpiece (Which is wasn't) why does the company waste the time and money?

It's called being original. If the craftsman has a good story to tell than they should be able to pull it off using their own original characters. Following continuity and telling a good story (if it involves these popular characters) is pretty much what comic book writers are paid to do. Not take liberties. So unless this book was a blow your mind masterpiece (Which is wasn't) why does the company waste the time and money?

I'm sorry but this was pretty original.

I don't agree. Some of the elseworld stories I have read are far more original that those stories in continuity. So you saying that "it's called being originial" doesn't really make sense in my opinion. Sometimes a story necessitates the use of these iconic characters. As others have mentioned, graphic novels such as Kingdom Come or The Dark Knight Returns wouldn't have worked as well as they did if they had entirely new characters. Dismissing these stories as unoriginal is wrong. Certainly some elseworld stories are, but that is no reason to damn the entirety of them.

istockphoto_3980141-joker-card.jpg

Latest posts

Back