Jonah Hex - The Movie Speculation

Yeah. Very disappointing.

This has turned into Wild Wild West 2.

With me not having much investment or prior knowledge of the character outside of his appearances in the Timmdiniverse, the trailer makes the movie look pretty good.

Tacking on magic powers and stuff seems like an awful idea in itself, and it may endup being inferior to the source material, but again, if I'd seen that trailer without knowing it was based on anything in the first place, I'd say it has all the ingredients of what could be a lot of fun. Sherlock Holmes looked like it could end up Wild Wild West 2 as well. Meh. We'll see.

This should be an animated movie written by Darwyn Cooke and directed by Brad Bird.

The Spirit should have been as well.

Did they really just did bullet time... with a stick of dynamite? I'm pretty sure a stick of dynamite shot from a crossbow won't displace the air creating a ripple efect just like a bullet traveling faster than the speed of sound. So yes... this seems retarded.

Last edited:
"It's based on some DC Comics characters, which may explain the way the plot jumps around."

I'm sure it's a terrible movie but this is an idiotic statement. He probably thinks comics books cannot be art as well as video games.

Last edited:
"It's based on some DC Comics characters, which may explain the way the plot jumps around."

I'm sure it's a terrible movie but this is an idiotic statement. He probably thinks comics books cannot be art as well as video games.

I don't think so he is way kinder to movies based on comics then movies based on video games. He noted that Blade II had a better plot then Resident evil movie, because it was based on a comic rather then a game and has written an positive article on movies based on comics.

Now of course he hasn't read Jonah Hex, but almost no one has in the general public. The point of these movies is to present the best aspects of the character in one movie, so if movie doesn't do that it reflects poorly on the character in the eye of the general public, so in that context his comments make sense, because it would reflect what general public would think about this.

Last edited:
Richard Roeper said on Twitter that this is only like 75 minutes long or so before credits...!

I thought this quote from there was funny:
If you're looking for a comic hero a bit different from the norm, Hex just might cast a spell on you.

Is he a wizard now?

Ebert's review sheds some light on the "plot":
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100616/REVIEWS/100619987

Man that sounds lame, the villain of the movie sounds like some sort of evil super villain, instead of the type of villain you would see in a Western and Jonah Hex has silly magic powers. Just because Jonah Hex was a comic book doesn't mean it should follow super hero tropes.

God that hurt to read.

This movie reminds me of Hellblazer, a relatively unknown DC property that has enormous potential to be an AWESOME movie, is instead total unwatchable garbage.

Man I really hope GL doesn't suck too.

The iFanboy podcast review of this was hilarious.

Latest posts

Back